Seahawks have killed it in this Draft

SissyBoyFloyd

Pawnee, Skidi Clan
Reaction score

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
Well, one thing I know is that a draft class of most teams, usually even when good, will hardly in hindsight say they killed it, since it seems less than 50% of any team's picks make a significant difference. So I will take the opposite take just to give balance in the opinion realm and say it was meh :)

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Well, one thing I know is that a draft class of most teams, usually even when good, will hardly in hindsight say they killed it, since it seems less than 50% of any team's picks make a significant difference. So I will take the opposite take just to give balance in the opinion realm and say it was meh :)
I heard many times talking about Jets giants Jacksonville browns etc etc killing it, then they don't go nowhere

unseenaz

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Rap sheet just said they want a QB that stretches the field. That’s not Baker.

Baker legit might not have a job soon.
getting hammered in the booth and color commentating OU games seems like a sweet job to me

overseascardfan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I heard many times talking about Jets giants Jacksonville browns etc etc killing it, then they don't go nowhere
That's where scheme fit and player development come in. Poor coaching up of players or trying to make someone fit a system when they don't are main reasons for missing on picks.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

Based on what? We won’t know who killed it until 3 years from now

The Seahawks have drafted horrible for a long time now.

OP
OP
SissyBoyFloyd

SissyBoyFloyd

Pawnee, Skidi Clan
Reaction score
Based on what? We won’t know who killed it until 3 years from now

The Seahawks have drafted horrible for a long time now.

Not being a time traveler, I can only base my statement on how it looks at the present moment regarding pre-draft rankings and expectations of the players chosen.

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
The gum chewer was on NFL Radio, taking to Pat Kirwan and he said they are ready to roll with Gino...and that they really like Drew. None of the drafted QBs, he thought, were better than any he already had on the roster.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Like these two picks.
Another RB? Seattle legit makes some real dumb decisions at times. They have two RBs...it's not like Walker is a historically good back or anything...he's not.
Stiff.
Slow.
Meh
Injuries and not really that productive.
Who do you think will QB the Hawks this season? I am thinking maybe Baker Mayfield. They have to trade for someone, don't they?
Hubris, so no.

Jetstream Green

Reaction score
The gum chewer was on NFL Radio, taking to Pat Kirwan and he said they are ready to roll with Gino...and that they really like Drew. None of the drafted QBs, he thought, were better than any he already had on the roster.
I can't stand the guy from his tenure at USC (and my Horns even beat him) and then Seattle but there is no argument on his ability as a coach and if he was our coach, I guess I would like him a ton (actually he has a perfect mix of player's coach/laying down the law and probably would bode well with Kyler on a productive middle ground but I do know Kingsbury from an intimate source has had his chew outs with Kyler on a professional basis)... I still dislike the guy but respect him :)

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
I can't stand the guy from his tenure at USC (and my Horns even beat him) and then Seattle but there is no argument on his ability as a coach and if he was our coach, I guess I would like him a ton (actually he has a perfect mix of player's coach/laying down the law and probably would bode well with Kyler on a productive middle ground but I do know Kingsbury from an intimate source has had his chew outs with Kyler on a professional basis)... I still dislike the guy but respect him :)
Disagree completely on that. Pete absolutely let's the inmates run the asylum.

One of the criticisms we saw about Pete from a bunch of defensive players is that he used to allow a lot of smack talk, but when defenders did it to Russ he asked for them to stop. Not in a laying down the law kind of way either, but a whiny "come on guys" kind of way.

I respect what he can do when he has some talent, but man, those defenses were stacked and he hasn't really won big without completely stacked defenses.

Jetstream Green

Reaction score
Disagree completely on that. Pete absolutely let's the inmates run the asylum.

One of the criticisms we saw about Pete from a bunch of defensive players is that he used to allow a lot of smack talk, but when defenders did it to Russ he asked for them to stop. Not in a laying down the law kind of way either, but a whiny "come on guys" kind of way.

I respect what he can do when he has some talent, but man, those defenses were stacked and he hasn't really won big without completely stacked defenses.
It's hard to quantify that though because he was part of their think tank and why that defense is what it was anyways. He is one of those coaches which grew and did not stay on the floor of his potential coming into the league, with Belichick being the premier example of a guy learning and achieving excellence at the pro level.., being an artist, I always recall that rare occurrence of learning through ones mistakes and actually following through, what made Michelangelo great was once he made a mistake he never made it again which is actually quite the feat considering human nature

Reaction score

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave