Game balls vikes game

Jersey Girl

Stand down
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I get this game wasn't awesome (thanks, defense), but, really, how many TDs and yards do you want the guy to get?

OP
OP
Shane

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So what does he have to do in your eyes to get a game ball?
Not throw bone headed ints. Some ints are gonna happen we get it. but these were bad today. Especially the second one. But More importantly NEVER pull up and half ass it and slow down clearly giving up on a play. when if he had just ran full speed would have easily picked up a 1st and not had to punt it away. That was the worst part of the day for me.

Jersey Girl

Stand down
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Not throw bone headed ints. Some ints are gonna happen we get it. but these were bad today. Especially the second one. But More importantly NEVER pull up and half ass it and slow down clearly giving up on a play. when if he had just ran full speed would have easily picked up a 1st and not had to punt it away. That was the worst part of the day for me.

I don't think he clearly gave up on plays, so I guess we will agree to disagree like you said.

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I don't think he clearly gave up on plays, so I guess we will agree to disagree like you said.
He was near the sideline and slowed down5 yards before the first down and ran out the field 2/3 yards shy
With a minimum effort it would have been a first down
In that moment of the game was an extremely questionable (at least) play
Football is about fight for every inches.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Shane

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
He was near the sideline and slowed down5 yards before the first down and ran out the field 2/3 yards shy
In that moment of the game was an extremely questionable (at least) play
Football is about fight for every inches.
Yep he clearly and visibly slowed down instead of accelerating going for the first down. It looked awful live and worse on replay.

Jersey Girl

Stand down
Supporting Member
Reaction score
He definitely slowed on that third down. It was really weird. And it cost us a first down. That’s a fact and undeniable.

So you're hinging everything on that one play? We were at the game and are re-watching it now. So I will give it an objective look.

FB94

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Sure Kyler made a few mistakes, one big one for the pick six. However he more than carried this team with everything else he did. The defense was the glaring issue today for majority of the game. I hope this is a wake up call for this team, and they get back to the dominant defense from game one

Buckybird

Hoist the Lombardi Trophy
Reaction score
But More importantly NEVER pull up and half ass it and slow down clearly giving up on a play. when if he had just ran full speed would have easily picked up a 1st and not had to punt it away. That was the worst part of the day for me.
You mean the way that #21 dude on defense used to loaf play after play & game after game & most here laughed & chastised those who called him out on it? If I’m not mistaken (could be wrong) you were in that group...or not I’m old.

It’s ok for those to call K1 out for his faults, but criticizing his effort running around trying to help his team win is beyond ridiculous imo.
Shane your a much better poster than this bro

Last edited:
OP
OP
Shane

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You mean the way that #21 dude on defense used to loaf play after play & game after game & most here laughed & chastised those who called him out on it? If I’m not mistaken (could be wrong) you were in that group...or not I’m old.

It’s ok for those to call K1 out for his faults, but criticizing his effort running around trying to help his team win is beyond ridiculous imo.
Shane your a much better poster than this bro
You’re 1000% mistaken. I’ve criticized and been in the PP is soft group.

the play was clear as day it’s not even arguable. He loafed it and slowed down for no reason multiple posters saw it and agree. Just because he gave his all on other plays doesn’t negate that one.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
I think we all need to realize that Kyler was far from a finished product when he was drafted.

He is a size outlier, athleticism outlier (positive), and experience outlier. He just didn't get the reps a top QB normally gets.

I'd still give K1 a game ball. The defense was awful, and I largely pin that on Joseph. The defense was out of position to make stops far too often and that's on the coordinator.

K1 had a few bad plays but he was really good for most of the game.

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Kyler played one of the best 1st halves I've ever seen from a Cardinals QB in the regular season. You gotta give him a game ball.

A great play by the LB, a bad decision (was he facemasked) and one dumb run doesnt mean he doesnt get a game ball. You can say well the kicker missed a Kick, but then why give anyone a game ball, lol.

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I don't mind the aggressiveness tbh. I get more frustrated with his 12 yard drop backs, taking sacks when he has time, and the mental errors. Red zone ints would be different.

I want Kyler to take total control of games like top QBs do. I want him to shift his players presnap to determine coverage. I want him to use the hard count to check for dummy coverages. I want him to audible. I want to see him take the 12 play drives when they are given to him. Same with the deep plays. He isn't there yet and I do get frustrated with those on the board who speak like he doesn't make mistakes. He does, but he also does things that few players in the league can do. It is just continuing to grow and develop.
How do you know he's not doing these things? Didnt Kliff just say thats what he did in the Titans game? Not an audible, but I thought the AJ Green TD was him checking out of a run and noticing the soft corner.

Kyler is good enough to get away with what he's doing while learning. I saw a few times Josh Allen doing the crazy (sometimes unnecessary) scrambled around for TD's last year.

If you're judging him for this game its not that big of a deal. If we're assuming these kind of plays would work vs. the 49ers/Rams then probably not.

Its the division that doesnt allow for that kind of stuff. Cause thats where he/Cards can get really burned by it.

Last edited:

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
My thoughts exactly

Kyler threw for 400 yards at 72%. Had 11.1 YPA and 117 passer rating.

Yes he had a few bad plays late on, but that doesn't erase how great he was up to then. No player is perfect.

He also had a 100% completion % against all 3 Vikings CB's. 14 targets, 14 receptions.

Last edited:

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Arguably Jalen Thompson cause he saved a stupid amount of possible long Cook TDs. Budda too

This.

In fact there should be more defensive players on this list. Yes it wasn't a great start on defense but they adjusted brilliantly and the only points the Vikings scored in the 2nd half came from a pick 6 and a FG after a roughing the kicker penalty.

The defense had a rough Q1 but got progressively better throughout the game and you can argue we lose easily had they not had such a good 2nd half.

Robert Alford (despite what @juza76 said :)) had the most targets with 6 but allowed the lowest passer rating with 84. That's not nothing.

Token defensive game balls to Jalen and Alford for an overall improved D performance in the 2nd half for me.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Ahhh yes this…. “In cardinal land” says it all. 2 bad ints and you guys excusing his clear half assed run where he slowed down when he could have easily got a first. We see where the bias is. I can say he had some great plays today and played well at times. But also had some real bad moments. Ones that are incredibly bad. Whose the one with the bias? and bringing up stats from past games to justify tonight?

I do feel like you are little salty about that 3rd down run and letting it effect everything else. Take that away and look at the rest of the game.

Yes there were a few bad plays out of 50+ but overall that was one of the better QB performances ever in a Cardinal shirt. I'm not by any means saying it was perfect, both INT's were dumb. Not every pass was perfect. I thought the EZ shot to Green late on that was knocked away by Danzler was behind Green and there is a TD there is it's on target and higher. But you can't let that cloud the good stuff.

BullheadCardFan

Go for it
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't mind the aggressiveness tbh. I get more frustrated with his 12 yard drop backs, taking sacks when he has time, and the mental errors. Red zone ints would be different.

I want Kyler to take total control of games like top QBs do. I want him to shift his players presnap to determine coverage. I want him to use the hard count to check for dummy coverages. I want him to audible. I want to see him take the 12 play drives when they are given to him. Same with the deep plays. He isn't there yet and I do get frustrated with those on the board who speak like he doesn't make mistakes. He does, but he also does things that few players in the league can do. It is just continuing to grow and develop.
This

BullheadCardFan

Go for it
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Agree with 3rd down laziness part. QB#1 cannot have these miscues. Murray has his arms and legs function at 110% of its potential on game days. Need the head to do the same. That is the difference between being the next Manning/Brady or not.
This.

He needs to get his head more focused and not get frustrated

Jogging out of bounds was just being lazy

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson