Larry...

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
Is it time to start getting used to the idea that he’s playing somewhere else to close his career? If he was going to retire I think it would already be done. There’s really no role or cash available to bring him back at this point.

OP
OP
GatorAZ

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
Brees waited a while to retire 15 years to the day of signing with New Orleans. If Larry did the same thing he’d have to wait till April 24th to make it an even 17 years.

cardsfanmd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I don’t think that’s even a remote consideration for him. I think he’s at least 99% done but either just making sure or just waiting until the right time to announce it. He probably wants as little attention from it as possible and knows the media will be all over it right now while there’s not a lot else going on.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Larry is trying to decide if he wants to play at a reduced salary.

he wants to play, but is he willing to play at the Cards price. If they’d offered him 11 mill again, he’d already announced he was returning.

You never know but why? How much more money can he possibly need? I think he's trying to decide if it's the right situation. I wouldn't be surprised if he just waits and comes back later in the season. Misses camp, rests, and then goes on a farewell tour of sorts.

Or he signs with the Vikings to play his last year where he grew up

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You never know but why? How much more money can he possibly need? I think he's trying to decide if it's the right situation. I wouldn't be surprised if he just waits and comes back later in the season. Misses camp, rests, and then goes on a farewell tour of sorts.

Or he signs with the Vikings to play his last year where he grew up
Why would the Vikings even entertain this? They owe him nothing...

Reddog

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I mentioned this in another thread, but is crazy to consider him as a Dan Arnold style TE in Kliff's offense? Arnold was taller but weighed about the same as Fitz at 220. Fitz is too slow to be an elite WR but why couldn't he be a TE that lines up in the slot? He still has amazing hands, is smart, and knows how to find seams.

SissyBoyFloyd

Pawnee, Skidi Clan
Reaction score
He always wanted to be a Charger, so maybe he finally gets the chance and ends his career in L A.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I wouldn’t mind if Larry went to Tampa to win a ring. I could totally get on board cheering my ass off for that if/when we were out of the picture.

to be honest, I could do that with pretty much any team except the Niners, Rams or Seahawks.

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
I wouldn’t mind if Larry went to Tampa to win a ring. I could totally get on board cheering my ass off for that if/when we were out of the picture.

to be honest, I could do that with pretty much any team except the Niners, Rams or Seahawks.
Same here. Just not In-Division.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score

Or Steelers. Eff that noise on so many levels.

nidan

Oscar
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Larry has said he is not going anywhere.

Every year he says the same thing, Cardinals or nothing

Last edited: