Pp21 news incoming

gmabel830

It's football season!!
Reaction score
I don't know if I could be more disgusted with a signing. I hate that guy.

But at this point, I guess. Better than the dreck on the roster.
I know Sherman is quite divisive on the field, but go read his backstory and all he gives to the community. He’s not a guy that is hard to like if he’s on your side.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
I know Sherman is quite divisive on the field, but go read his backstory and all he gives to the community. He’s not a guy that is hard to like if he’s on your side.

I'm already aware of his off the field stuff, but I still don't like watching him at all. He's just such a punk on the field.

And he's 32. The dude's going to fall off a cliff any second.

gmabel830

It's football season!!
Reaction score
I'm already aware of his off the field stuff, but I still don't like watching him at all. He's just such a punk on the field.

And he's 32. The dude's going to fall off a cliff any second.
I get it, but I’d save the disgust for an Aldon Smith type signing.

Rohinaz

All Star
Reaction score
And the funny thing is, he has been better than Peterson the past two years....honestly his whole career.
So you think a zone cb that spent the majority of his career facing no 2 and 3 wr is better than a shutdown corner who followed no1s all over the field his whole career?

Interesting

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So you think a zone cb that spent the majority of his career facing no 2 and 3 wr is better than a shutdown corner who followed no1s all over the field his whole career?

Interesting

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

the myth that PP followed numbers 1 all over the field is one of the better ones. Especially when people repeatedly made excuses for him throughout the years when a DC would play him zone.

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
For a team that values captains..... He hasn’t been a good captain for two or three years now.

I’ll miss the dominant Pat P, but the last couple of years really soured me on him.

I wish him well but will have no problem pushing his jersey to the back of my closet with Beanie and the others.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
For a team that values captains..... He hasn’t been a good captain for two or three years now.

I’ll miss the dominant Pat P, but the last couple of years really soured me on him.

I wish him well but will have no problem pushing his jersey to the back of my closet with Beanie and the others.
This team lets captains leave every year. They don’t value leadership at all.

BACH

Superbowl, Homeboy!
Reaction score
Kyler Murray and Fitz were captains
Yeah, but I'm talking types of leader. But neither of them are the motivational speakers. The franchise QB is the leader of the field and naturally a captain. Larry is a leader by example. None of that "command the room". You need that role at times

splitsecond

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
i just couldn't stand his lack of effort as one of the "leaders" of the team. Dude started dogging it wayyyyyy too much and doing so while not being able to add value as the good cover corner to cover his inadequacies elsewhere.

Exactly.

I have never liked Sherman. I hated Danny Ainge until he played for the Suns. Pound for pound .. he's a more physical player.
He's lost a step . . but not his heart.

Ainge is actually a perfect comparison because the way he blew the 93 finals for the Suns is the same sort of blown play I would be worried about with Sherman at his age.

Also, I never stopped hating Ainge even when he was on the Suns.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Exactly.

Ainge is actually a perfect comparison because the way he blew the 93 finals for the Suns is the same sort of blown play I would be worried about with Sherman at his age.

Also, I never stopped hating Ainge even when he was on the Suns.

that play was all on Barkley going for the steal at the top of the key. That made everyone rotate to cover once he badly blew it and Pippen started driving to the rack. If Bark just plays straight up, none of that switching D ever has to happen.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
that play was all on Barkley going for the steal at the top of the key. That made everyone rotate to cover once he badly blew it and Pippen started driving to the rack. If Bark just plays straight up, none of that switching D ever has to happen.

The layup they gave up right before that was even worse. Total choke job.

splitsecond

ASFN Addict
Reaction score

I probably should go back and watch that play now that I actually understand basketball. Haven’t watched it once since it happened. That being said Ainge’s face is still the primary reason I never stopped hating him.

OP
OP
BigRedRage

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So, alford and murphy huh?

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
Yeah, but I'm talking types of leader. But neither of them are the motivational speakers. The franchise QB is the leader of the field and naturally a captain. Larry is a leader by example. None of that "command the room". You need that role at times
Oh okay. So Fitz and Kyler are captains who don’t have leadership responsibilities but Patrick was. What about DJ Humphries? How much responsibility for the collapse gets attributed to him?

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I probably should go back and watch that play now that I actually understand basketball. Haven’t watched it once since it happened. That being said Ainge’s face is still the primary reason I never stopped hating him.

ha! Fair enough. And just take my word for it. No Suns fan ever needs to watch that play again.

Germz249

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Oh okay. So Fitz and Kyler are captains who don’t have leadership responsibilities but Patrick was. What about DJ Humphries? How much responsibility for the collapse gets attributed to him?

I think it speaks volume when you’re a captain and you start requesting for a trade. I get the other captains weren’t the rah rah type but that had to kill the morale of your teammates when they see a leader wanting to bail out when the going gets tough.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
I think it speaks volume when you’re a captain and you start requesting for a trade. I get the other captains weren’t the rah rah type but that had to kill the morale of your teammates when they see a leader wanting to bail out when the going gets tough.
I guess. The players still voted him captain the next year.

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
When I said we value captains it was in reference to all of the draft press conferences where one of the first things Keim brought up was how many times the prospect was a captain on their college squad.

He clearly likes to draft and trade for "perceived" leaders.

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson