Goff has broken thumb

FB94

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
KK is the head coach, so the game as a whole is on him.

Yes KK is the “head coach”. but we all know if the Defense gets abused by a no name QB again, Vance will be the scapegoat

Card'em

All Star
Reaction score
horse manure. They are without their QB, LT and number 1 RB.

that is a JV team for half of the damn team.

are you guys already talking yourselves into why we should lose this game?

Using the same logic we're a JV team for half our team since we're without 5 defensive starters. I guess we've got our JV defense verses the Rams' JV offense. Might be a good game, but I like their JV more than our JV, and of course they've got good coaches and we've got JV coaches to boot.

Jalen Thompson - safety
Chandler Jones - OLB
Cory Peters - Defensive Line
Jordan Peters - Defensive Line
Robert Alford - Cornerback

Card'em

All Star
Reaction score
As a follow up, I also love their varsity defense verses our varsity offense. I give us very little chance of winning this game, even without Goff.

JosiahLee

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
For whatever reason I like that this team isn’t playing this game at home. Feels like we’ve been pretty mediocre this year in AZ. Obviously it’s been a unique year with most games having no fans, so overcoming home field “advantage” really isn’t a thing this year.

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

TaylorSwift

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
He said in the postgame presser (that’s what mature QB’s participate in after a game - even when they lose and are potentially injured) that it didn’t hurt that much (before the break was announced). From reports, he is looking to delay surgery and play with the injury.

https://clutchpoints.com/rams-news-jared-goff-outlook-playing-cardinals-with-broken-thumb/

That doesnt mean anything, Kyler played through the AC joint while Sam Darnold took 3 weeks off for the same injury.

So I dont get the point of the silly conjecture

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
Kyler Murray is a tough little dude, so I will not be one to question Squeak just because he's short. I would also like to say that I hope Goff plays with his broken thumb, which normally should mean he shall suck even more. Now, granted for whatever reason though, Goff has career days against us and his stats when we play him resemble Dan Marino's. So why are we even trying to think logically about us versus Goff. Unless Goff has his entire arm in traction against us (you know that whole support contraption), he will carve this defense up like a dexterous Japanese chef while the running game keeps our pass rush in check while McVay babysits him before the snap on where to go with the passes

The issue with this team. The reason why a depleted Niner team beat us. The way this happens is even more simple than coaching or drops in the passing game or even penalties. This all revolves around an area of physicality, being our DL and OL. We lost to the Niners because everyone tends to pay attention to the skill players but the Niners dominated up front on both sides of the ball. The starting point of every play on offense and defense. This is the problem playing the Rams, they love trench warfare... our offense just likes to use little strategic missiles and not get our hands dirty and being young we tend to have our electronics duct tapped and short circuiting

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
Using the same logic we're a JV team for half our team since we're without 5 defensive starters. I guess we've got our JV defense verses the Rams' JV offense. Might be a good game, but I like their JV more than our JV, and of course they've got good coaches and we've got JV coaches to boot.

Jalen Thompson - safety
Chandler Jones - OLB
Cory Peters - Defensive Line
Jordan Phillips - Defensive Line
Robert Alford - Cornerback

Stop with all the facts. :)

PJ1

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I believe Goff will play. They will rally around him and kick the crap out of us,

JeffGollin

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
let’s make a signature bet there. If the Rams don’t have Goff, I’ll take the over 10, you take the under for points scored.
Anything can happen. Nothing is predictable.

Line 'em up and snap the ball. Compete your bleep off. Play sound, fundamental football.

See what happens.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
goff apparently played the whole 4th quarter with the thumb. He thought it was dislocated, like most anybody who's ever had a jammed finger has done, he popped it back in and played with it. They didn't know until after the game it was broken.

Pretty impressive but after our game ended I switched over and it was really obvious he was having trouble gripping teh ball.

Unless it gets MUCH better this week I'd be surprised if he can be effective with that injury

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I hope Goff plays because he will suck and that is how we will win.

(Ex. Carson Palmer in NFC championship. )

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
There is probably les then 1% chance he plays

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
There is probably les then 1% chance he plays

I watched much of the 4th quarter and I knew he had a bad finger but I didn't know it was the thumb or it was broken. You could see it bothered him, you could see him flexing it, but he played the whole 4th quarter with it, I think he completed 6 passes, nothing longer than about 12 yards but I could see him trying to play.

They're in the same boat we are if the Bears win they have to win to get in.

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
right after the injury -- its painful, but things function

24 hours later? its swollen and wont function

Yes. It is worse today than it was during that game. And if it is true it needs surgery, he is done for a while.

iLLmatiC

Drive-by Poster
Reaction score
if we lose this weekend against a backup QB again, I think he’s the fall guy for a disastrous end to the season. Someone’s head will have to roll and it ain’t gonna Miller Keim or the head coach he hired through beer goggles.

We'll be getting rid of 1/3 of the problem

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson