Goff has broken thumb

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Also, Vance will be coaching for his job if Goff sits. The 31 to Teddy, 34 to Miami 20 to both New England and SF (with Beathard) and then 26 to hurts. If defense gets beat up by another bad QB, he is probably gone. I understand the offense hasn't stepped up at times, but sometimes your defense has to take over and his has not in some key games.

You wish. VJ getting fired won't happen.

FB94

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Also, Vance will be coaching for his job if Goff sits. The 31 to Teddy, 34 to Miami 20 to both New England and SF (with Beathard) and then 26 to hurts. If defense gets beat up by another bad QB, he is probably gone. I understand the offense hasn't stepped up at times, but sometimes your defense has to take over and his has not in some key games.

Agree, Vance has more pressure on him if Goff is out, and perhaps their starting RB. He will not survive another loss to a QB no one knows.

Red on White

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I've noticed that a lot of stock on here seems to be placed on who's not playing for the opposition each week.

2nd string QB gotta - bring the heat, decimated secondary - we're gonna have a field day, 3rd string running back etc.

Then quite savage reaction if these back up options do well against us.

Aren't the more experienced, successful coaches more system than personnel? Next man up. Plug n play. Very little changes. Less reliant on the individual skill/brilliance of their players. Team is more than the sum of its parts. System remains.

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
if we lose this weekend against a backup QB again, I think he’s the fall guy for a disastrous end to the season. Someone’s head will have to roll and it ain’t gonna Miller Keim or the head coach he hired through beer goggles.

Maybe I am wrong. But this is still the Bidwill family that calls the shots at the end of the day. My gut is Mike goes with "we've improved, stay the course for year 3".

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Maybe I am wrong. But this is still the Bidwill family that calls the shots at the end of the day. My gut is Mike goes with "we've improved, stay the course for year 3".

dude, if they lose next week to the Rams JV team after losing this week to the Niners JV team, and blow getting to the playoffs even though they had a two game lead with four games left, the entire team is going to get CRUCIFIED by the press and fans.

and for good reason. They’ll need to put someone’s head on a platter to assuage the media and fans so that the media will fluff them going into next season.

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
dude, if they lose next week to the Rams JV team after losing this week to the Niners JV team, and blow getting to the playoffs even though they had a two game lead with four games left, the entire team is going to get CRUCIFIED by the press and fans.

and for good reason. They’ll need to put someone’s head on a platter to assuage the media and fans so that the media will fluff them going into next season.

That is what YOU think they should do. I am guessing based on Bidwills history. He refused to make Arians fire Amos Jones for cripes sakes.

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Bidwill family has a desire to win?

They do. I met Mike Bidwill once. I believed he meant it when he told me he was going to put a trophy in the new stadium some day. (This was before the stadium was built.)

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score

It’s a backup QB, not a decimated roster...and it can be argued that Goff is actually the weakest link Ipoh offense. Even Jimmy G would be an upgrade over Jared.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It’s a backup QB, not a decimated roster...and it can be argued that Goff is actually the weakest link Ipoh offense. Even Jimmy G would be an upgrade over Jared.

That defense is not remotely a JV team.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That is what YOU think they should do. I am guessing based on Bidwills history. He refused to make Arians fire Amos Jones for cripes sakes.

Bruce had a record of success to throw around and block that and give it cover. That doesn’t exist in this scenario.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That defense is not remotely a JV team.

the offense sure as hell is. When you only play with one half of a team and our coach is supppsed to be an offensive genius, you should be expected to beat a Rams team in a tailspin without its best offensive linemen, RB and QB if you’re worth half a salt.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score

horse manure. They are without their QB, LT and number 1 RB.

that is a JV team for half of the damn team.

are you guys already talking yourselves into why we should lose this game?

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Wolford will do a Kurt Warner on us

It's possible. Warner's Rams went 13-3 his first regular season - without defeating a team with a winning record. Checks Cards' current record: 8-7. It fits the narrative. ;)

Cardsfaninlouky

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score

I'm not trying to talk myself into why we will lose the game because I don't need to, I already know. McVay owns KK & could beat him with an 8th grade QB. Plus VJ doesn't have a clue how to stop a rollout/bootleg pass to save his life. We'll get gashed in the run game once again also. Sad but true.

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I think we have a good shot at winning. I think the Rams aren't crap without Goff. Not talking myself into anything because we will just see what happens.

Buckybird

Hoist the Lombardi Trophy
Reaction score
I’m going to disagree with you on this as well. Should he be fired? Yes. He struggles against good offenses, loses to pedestrian teams, is poor in the end of half/game situations & can’t figure out how to stop the Niners or Lambs playaction & bootleg games.

If I were a betting man I think it’s 70/30 he’s still our DC next season unfortunately

mjb21aztd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Remember back in the day what vinny freaking testaverde did lol

I have little faith cards beat rams no matter who therr qb is

Plus unfortunately rams def owns murray atm...

Not getting my hopes up for this one.