Goff has broken thumb

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I thought of that too lol
That was also a situation where he stayed in the game but then McNabb had surgery and missed the next 5.

Jack Youngblood also broke his leg and kept playing in the Super Bowl.

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
That was also a situation where he stayed in the game but then McNabb had surgery and missed the next 5.

Yes, I always cite Jack Youngblood to people when they talk about toughness or rather being a crazy fanatic lol

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score

They told him he couldn't keep playing, that he had a broken leg. His reply? "Tape two aspirin to it."

FB94

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Stop the run first and foremost. Put this kid in third and long as much as possible. And one more tip to VJ- watch out for the screen pass and rollout all day.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
watch their highlights against Texas A&M in the bowl game. They basically ran our offense, shotgun, short throws, RPO's, he hits a big TD pass because the CB whiffs at the LOS and the guy is open 5 yards behind. IN the first half A&M dropped 2 clear picks and another could have been. Wolford was throwing the ball high, and behind guys. They scored a bunch of points but primary short passing. I'm assuming he's improved quite a bit since then but he was pretty hit or miss, high throws, behind guys. There's a series of plays where he just completely screwed up, one play an RPO he pulls the ball out and gets his immediately by the DT for a 5 yard loss, he never even took a step, no idea what he was reading on the play he was looking right at the DL when he pulled the ball out of the RB. There's a sack in the 2nd half where the rush comes from the left side, he's looking right at it never moves and gets sacked, nearly fumbled.

he is quick, he does have some legs, and he does have a pretty strong arm but again they didn't really throw the ball downfield much at all.

I would guess we're going to defend him the way everyone defends Kyler, keep him in the pocket make him throw over people.

One thing I would say for sure he looks to have been well coached he has 2 hands on the ball when he goes up to pass so he doesn't appear like he's going to be a fumbler. That said, until his senior year he had 30 TD's and 35 picks as a 3 year starter in college, last year 25 and 6, they went to the different offense and it seemed to really fit him. The Rams throw lots of screens and movement so he might actually be ok but he's NOT a guy that is going to sit in the pocket and pick you apart, if he does, well we don't deserve the playoffs any ways.