Which Starter on O or D do U most want replaced w/ better player in 2021?

SissyBoyFloyd

Pawnee, Skidi Clan
Reaction score
And why him over some others?.

There are worst players, however I will go with Larry Fitz. I would like to see a younger faster player in the slot to replace him and free up his salary so we can afford to buy better players at other positions through FA. Aren't we spending way too much money on that position? We should be able to draft a player like Kadarius Toney, WR, Florida in the mid rounds.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

There are worst players, however I will go with Larry Fitz. I would like to see a younger faster player in the slot to replace him and free up his salary so we can afford to buy better players at other positions through FA. Aren't we spending way too much money on that position? We should be able to draft a player like Kadarius Toney, WR, Florida in the mid rounds.

Good question.

Does Banjo count?

If not I would probably rather go with Sweezy too.

Timm Rosenbach

Bye Bye DJ
Reaction score
Marcus Gilbert was supposed to be the starter this year and last and opted out of this season after missing last. Can’t wait to see him off of the roster. Basically a wasted starting spot

PACardsFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
If this team wants to be a legitimate playoff team, then anywhere from 4-6 current starters need to be upgraded. If we want to be a team that goes deep into the playoffs, then add a couple more.

dscher

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
This team will continue to meddle around with keim imo.. when you can't build through a draft but get short term answers in free agency it builds no continuity and is essentially a wash. Which is why we will remain a .500 ball club with him in charge imo

RugbyMuffin

ASFN IDOL
Reaction score
Tough.

Unfortunately I would say coaching. This is not a bad roster talent wise, sure you can upgrade, but this team should be a lot better. Zach Allen, and maybe get a younger player than Peters.

JohnnyCakes

Miserables
Reaction score
Isabela no question. Waste of roster spot and a detriment to the offense.
Devon Kennard is invincible on this Defense....replace him and cut your losses.
Zack Allen is my final one--- Im not even sure what it is he does here. ( beside get injured )

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Isabela no question. Waste of roster spot and a detriment to the offense.
Devon Kennard is invincible on this Defense....replace him and cut your losses.
Zack Allen is my final one--- Im not even sure what it is he does here. ( beside get injured )

After thinking about it, he would have been my choice. Although he wouldn't start if Chandler wasn't hurt. It would be Chandler and Markus and we would be much better at getting to the QB without having to scheme for it.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Sweezy isn't the starter anymore. I think Murray will replace him when he's fit (if Kliff has eyes), otherwise he would be the obvious choice. He's gone anyway next year as he's FA. Same with Kirkpatrick. He's done OK, he's getting paid vet min and hes gone next year anyway.

The two that stand out that are in the game on snap 1 normally are Hicks and Allen.

Hicks started the season pretty well, especially against the run. But he's fell off in all aspects. Dude was a great coverage LB at Philly but injuries have given him the mobility of a D lineman. I'm not cutting him though, makes no sense for the cap saving and dead money. I'm keeping him in rotation.

Allen has just never done anything. I don't think he's an interior guy to be fair to him. He was an Edge in college and they have tried to make him a 3T/5T inside lineman and it's just not working even a little. I'd have him drop the weight and get down to about 260lbs. See what he can do at OLB next year.

If I had to pick an offensive guy right now I'd have to say Drake. He's just not playing well. This is the first play of the game vs the Rams and guess where he runs? I'll give you a clue. It's not that big ass hole in the middle that it looks like he's heading for.

As a Drake owner in FF it saddens me to say that Edmonds should be getting starting carries.

You must be registered for see images attach

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
Sweezy, Isabella, Gonzales... while the DL when healthy is average across the board and one guy needs to be replaced that can provide a push of the pocket, so a guy like Allen who cannot stay healthy seems like a logical choice sifting through a group of meh

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Someone tell me a kicker that hasn't hit a rough patch at some point?

Greg Zuerlein is one of the best in the league but missed 3 of 4 on Tuesday and has 7 years on Zane.

Justin Tuckers 2015 wasn't great.

Zane turned 25 in May. This is only his 3rd full year of starting.

The league is starved of good kickers yet we want to throw him overboard?

Kliff and Kyler have been equally trash but most want to keep them. Seem's like Zane is getting some transference.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

Greg Zuerlein is one of the best in the league but missed 3 of 4 on Tuesday and has 7 years on Zane.

Kliff and Kyler have been equally trash but most want to keep them. Seem's like Zane is getting some transference.
Not even shocking from you.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

I love you too.

I could post several if not several dozen links to posts on this forum as recently as 5 weeks ago and going back through last season saying how happy people are with Zane.

And people want to ditch him in league starved of kickers and with a recent history of kickers coming our of college being poor.

I'll stick by him for now thanks and give him a little more time. Give him a chance to get his form back.

I have no problem replacing him if a solid vet hits the market and he doesn't improve this season. I'm just not ready to bail on him after 3 bad games, and one of them was the season opener.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score

My thing with Zane is that I have NEVER had confidence in him. He just always has seemed like he has had way too many near misses.

I'd have to look who is available, but I'd look to move on.

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score

I think you can "replace" Fitz, without cutting him. He'd still be a valuable #3/4 possession/3rd down receiver. I like Kirk, but I'm not thinking he can be a relied upon #2, long-term.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
There are a few that need to be replaced

Kirkpatrick, Zane, Sweezy, Allen, Kennard.

Maybe Patrick Peterson and Hicks as well.