Kingsbury press conference after the game

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
Same thing every week. He won't call out his QB. Too many believe he is a franchise QB. Maybe even Keim and Bidwill.

He's a franchise QB about as much as one can at his early career. What do you expect a coach to say at his presser when it's all media BS anyways, regardless if the coach is doing well or not? The fact is Kingsbury has a problem with game management. Vance Joseph freaks out with conservative zone due to a lack of defensive talent... and this team is clearly not there yet with talent because Isabella should have some moments of "he belongs" with Larry sitting out and Murphy should have some moments covering Kupp, and Keim needs to draft better or he's going to totally waste a dynamic young QB on a rookie contract

GoldGloveschmidt

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Your franchise QB has got to make a play. Freakin KK can’t think for the QB.

How many plays did Goff make?

I saw only easy completions that exposed weaknesses in the defense. Because his coach actually game plans and makes it easy on his QB. Make Goff drop straight back every play while our pass rush tees off on him, and see how he does.

swagron

All Star
Reaction score
He's a franchise QB about as much as one can at his early career. What do you expect a coach to say at his presser when it's all media BS anyways, regardless if the coach is doing well or not? The fact is Kingsbury has a problem with game management. Vance Joseph freaks out with conservative zone due to a lack of defensive talent... and this team is clearly not there yet with talent because Isabella should have some moments of "he belongs" with Larry sitting out and Murphy should have some moments covering Kupp, and Keim needs to draft better or he's going to totally waste a dynamic young QB on a rookie contract
This guy is dynamic only in your mind. He’s played like crap the last five weeks.

Cardsfaninlouky

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Did anyone listen to kk press conference?
I had it almost word for word

i did forget to mention his favorite phrase..
They played at a high level..
No f ‘ing substance
BA is a great communicator
Lets get him back after the season
Trade a draft pick for him
You left one out.
"I'll have to look at the tape"
Lol

swagron

All Star
Reaction score

I saw only easy completions that exposed weaknesses in the defense. Because his coach actually game plans and makes it easy on his QB. Make Goff drop straight back every play while our pass rush tees off on him, and see how he does.
So do you think KM, who is actually on the field, doesn’t have any play calling input? We were told last year that KM knows the offense better than anyone. Where is his input? Where is his creative thinking on the fly on the field? Blaming play-calling is lazy and cheap.

OP
OP
K
Reaction score

It was like taking candy from a baby

nashman

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
So do you think KM, who is actually on the field, doesn’t have any play calling input? We were told last year that KM knows the offense better than anyone. Where is his input? Where is his creative thinking on the fly on the field? Blaming play-calling is lazy and cheap.

he doesn’t freaking call the plays what is so hard to understand about that? He has very litttle time behind a terrible line with piss poor play calling and you think it’s his fault jesus what are you watching! He made plays he put up 21 on a teams that gave up 2 that’s 2 freaking TDs all season long in the second half! The kid is not the problem!

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yep. Good coaching vs bad coaching. Clear as day. Kyler is a much better QB than Goff, with a much much worse coach and scheme.

how is this clear as day at this point? Kyler has shown special ability with his legs, but when that’s taken away, he hasn’t shown much as a QB. Whether that’s because of his own play or KK’s play calling is left to be seen, but as a straight up passer, jury is still wayyyyy out on him.

nashman

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
KM even makes the point in some of his pressers saying I run the plays called, he is probably letting us know he is not happy with this piss poor playcalling either, and we can clearly see Dhop is getting dud up with it too!!! Seriously we sleepwalk half a game and it’s Murray’s fault again?

swagron

All Star
Reaction score
he doesn’t ******* call the plays what is so hard to understand about that? He has very litttle time behind a terrible line with piss poor play calling and you think it’s his fault jesus what are you watching! He made plays he put up 21 on a teams that gave up 2 that’s 2 ******* TDs all season long in the second half! The kid is not the problem!
So you’re saying your franchise QB can’t make adjustments? He needs everything to be perfect to be successful? He can’t think and react on his own? The last TD was garbage. Keep burying your head in the sand. The kid is the problem- he has not arrived. Sorry.

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score

No f ‘ing substance
So, speaking of BA... I think Tom Brady is in the wrong offense with him... and I think if you swap Tom Brady and Kyler Murray they could both excel even more. Kingsbury's offense is so suited to Tom Brady just throwing dink and dunk timing patterns and wide receiver screens, etc.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

swagron

All Star
Reaction score
KM even makes the point in some of his pressers saying I run the plays called, he is probably letting us know he is not happy with this piss poor playcalling either, and we can clearly see Dhop is getting dud up with it too!!! Seriously we sleepwalk half a game and it’s Murray’s fault again?
That response is poor on his part. He needs to take accountability for his poor performance.

Praxis

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Yep. Good coaching vs bad coaching. Clear as day. Kyler is a much better QB than Goff, with a much much worse coach and scheme.

Rams are a better team. McVay and Goff weren't doing anything special. Just took what Vance gave them. Hicks is useless in space and he's always in coverage for some reason. Rams defense is excellent but we've seen that Murray's weaknesses handcuff the offensive playcalling. Not saying Kliff is a good HC, though. His game plan usually sucks, his game management awful, and not sure what happens in practice because we also lead the league in penalties.

iLLmatiC

Drive-by Poster
Reaction score
Then he should be out the game. I’m tired of hearing about this guys shoulder. Nobody is 100 percent 12 weeks into the season. The team, media and fans treat this guy like he has arrived when he clearly hasn’t.

Kyler at 70% is still better than our backups. It is what it is at this point.

JosiahLee

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Rams are a better team. McVay and Goff weren't doing anything special. Just took what Vance gave them. Hicks is useless in space and he's always in coverage for some reason. Rams defense is excellent but we've seen that Murray's weaknesses handcuff the offensive playcalling. Not saying Kliff is a good HC, though. His game plan usually sucks, his game management awful, and not sure what happens in practice because we also lead the league in penalties.

Hicks was legitimately good last year. How in only one season did he turn into an actual ghost???

Reactions: PJ1

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score

That is now 7 straight games in which the Rams have scored 30+ points on us. They own us. I would rather play the Chiefs than play the Rams again this season.

Blame who you want, it doesn't matter, blaming doesn't change anything. We now have a tough game against the Giants which is now the most crucial game of the season.

The Pats and Lions losses are the ones that hurt. Win those and today isn't such a big deal.

TaylorSwift

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Goff didn’t have a pick 6 and fumble today.

Its not even about that

Kliff is a piss poor gameplanner and schemer.

He never once moved Hopkins around the field.

That alone shows his inability to be creative and maximize a players utility.

New Mexico

Fan since 1976ish
Reaction score

No f ‘ing substance

It's a press conference, dude. Have you ever heard a Bill Belichick presser? Coaches generally don't say much, except for BA who pretty much publicly threw TB under the bus which has caused a bunch of grief in Tampa, and who publicly called Justin Bethel a failure in progress. I'd prefer a coach who saves that stuff for the locker room. You generally aren't going to hear much substance during a press conference.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson