OT: Tua to start. Faces Cardinals in his 2nd game

Vacard

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
FITZ won’t get them to the playoffs. He will fizzle out soon if history is any indicator. Tua is the future, and if he’s healthy and ready then play him. Also I think the decision came from Ross.

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My other thought was NE but that wouldn't make sense because Cam just got back and played so there's no reason to think he's going to need a replacement. But that's another team with a QB like Fitz and their defense they could do quite well. But it makes no sense with Newton back

Plus would they really trade in division to a team behind them in the standings?

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

I didn't realize they had a bye this week I guess if you're going to do it, this is the week.

Still odd

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Dallas isn't that far fetched...Fitz can make something happen with bad protection and Dalton can't...Also, maybe look at Broncos...they are capable of winning games, Chicago style, but don't have a Foles on the roster to go to. They need to score more points than Drew Lock is capable of right now.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

LOL Fitz in Dallas.

I was going to say Fitz needs a movie when he retires but it would need to be one of those anthology shows to fit it all in.

DumboD

Rookie
Reaction score
There's a reason Fitzpatrick has been on eight NFL teams. The big one I see is that he has put together a string of good games together several times....but he always seems to lose it at some point and returns to backup status. Tua has the potential to take them to the top and young QBs seem to be performing well early on these days, like Burrow and Howard from this year's class.

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
There's a reason Fitzpatrick has been on eight NFL teams. The big one I see is that he has put together a string of good games together several times....but he always seems to lose it at some point and returns to backup status. Tua has the potential to take them to the top and young QBs seem to be performing well early on these days, like Burrow and Howard from this year's class.
Has Fitz ever played for a good team in his career?

AZman5103

Hall of Famer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Its kind of a head scratching move at this point. The dolphins have been looking better lately.

The problem is that Fitz is just good enough to cause at least a temporary QB controversy. If he takes the Dolphins to the playoffs this year, he isn't getting a long term deal, and you are just delaying Tua's development. So it doesn't really matter when you bench him. The future is coming regardless

mjb21aztd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Will be fun to watch tua vs murray!!! Both should have promising carrers

Tua is a talented qb hope he doesn't do well vs az though

I do like murray more than tua obviously cause of his scrambling ability

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Aaron Donald approves of this move.

Orlovsky on ESPN made a good point, Tua is left handed, the RG and RT for the Dolphins are both rookies. They already have one of the worst pass blocking OL's in the NFL, it's only worked so far because Fitzpatrick gets rid of the ball fast, and because he can still run. now you have a rookie, with 2 rookies on his backside, coming off a major injury.

Will be interesting

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
I worry about Tua, when that kid got injured they said."career ending"... but due to miracles and modern medicine... here he is.... scares me he may take a welcome to the nfl type hit and ruin his life

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
I worry about Tua, when that kid got injured they said."career ending"... but due to miracles and modern medicine... here he is.... scares me he may take a welcome to the nfl type hit and ruin his life

I love Tua’s game and pro outlook but he needs to adopt the Murray method of protecting himself and I don’t think he’s wired like that. Risky call but I would’ve sided towards redshirting him.

LoyaltyisaCurse

IF AND WHEN HEALTHY...
Reaction score
Tua’s game is so similar to Wilson’s, just left handed and taller. He’s going to be good.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

If that's the case why not wait for him to lose it before replacing him? Replacing him on a winning streak when he is playing well seems foolish.

QB play aside. Fitz has an energy he brings to that offense which seems to give it some identity. I don't think Tua can bring that yet, few rookies can.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Hopefully Aaron Donald plays like he did against SF on Sunday Night.

Hard to sack the QB when every pass is thrown almost straight away and behind the LOS or within 5 yards of it. They basically did the same thing to the Rams that we did to Bosa and Dee Ford in Game 1.

You must be registered for see images attach

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson