Offensive Performance

TaylorSwift

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
This makes zero sense. Kliff has nothing to do with Kyler audibling out of a play or having seen so many defensive schemes he can identify them easily.

It kind of does though.

Calling a gameplan that is built to maximize your offensive strengths while taking advantage of a defenses weakness is a offensive minded head coaches job.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
It kind of does though.

Calling a gameplan that is built to maximize your offensive strengths while taking advantage of a defenses weakness is a offensive minded head coaches job.
That has nothing to do with a QB calling audibles or executing the plays called.

HomerPimpson

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Man, I am so happy Kliff installed a completely new offense this week as that previous one sucked. :sarcasm: dripping

Y
This Cardinal offense better eat their Wheaties because the Cowboys are going to score at least forty points on this defense

Amazingly I think their defense is worse than ours. But yeah they're gonna put up 40 on us. I think we can keep up, my fear is if they just play ball controll and run alot.

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
Y

Amazingly I think their defense is worse than ours. But yeah they're gonna put up 40 on us. I think we can keep up, my fear is if they just play ball controll and run alot.

They won't be able to play ball control because Ezekiel Elliott will be averaging 20 yards per carry lol

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Man, I am so happy Kliff installed a completely new offense this week as that previous one sucked. :sarcasm: dripping
TBF maybe Kliff/Kyler combo just sucks vs. the Panthers? Two years in a row a low yardage output. That style of defense gives Kyler trouble and Kliff doesnt know how to adjust to it.

Lions game was fine. Kyler just had 3 awful throws and 2 terrible decisions.

GuernseyCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
TBF maybe Kliff/Kyler combo just sucks vs. the Panthers? Two years in a row a low yardage output. That style of defense gives Kyler trouble and Kliff doesnt know how to adjust to it.

Lions game was fine. Kyler just had 3 awful throws and 2 terrible decisions.

The Panthers owned both sides of the line. We didn't man up. That simple.

OP
OP
Harry

Harry

ASFN Consultant and Senior Writer
Reaction score
This makes zero sense. Kliff has nothing to do with Kyler audibling out of a play or having seen so many defensive schemes he can identify them easily.
I have to say I’m not certain about this. Does he have permission to audible. I don’t recall seeing it, either vocally or moving to the line to advise them. Also you don’t have to see too many defenses to count the number of defenders in the box and move between a pass and a run.

Timm Rosenbach

Bye Bye DJ
Reaction score
We have too many whiners on this board. Murray is very good & will only get better. Our problem is our D.

Exactly. I don’t understand why people are complaining about the offense. Playing well even with a depleted offensive line. The Cards are going to have to score relentlessly and wear teams down in order to finish with 8 or 9 wins. With Chandler Jones going down today, the defense lost the only player that opposing OCs were truly scared of. If I were a betting man, I would bet the over on games going forward. Every game is going to be a shootout. And I expect an overtime game or two

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
I have to say I’m not certain about this. Does he have permission to audible. I don’t recall seeing it, either vocally or moving to the line to advise them. Also you don’t have to see too many defenses to count the number of defenders in the box and move between a pass and a run.
Just like Kyler has said he doesn't care to give Kliff much input on the gameplans, I don't believe he similarly checks out of many plays. He is a very non-verbal guy which you see on the sideline. He is likely an introvert and that is ok, but he is going to need to learn that their are times where needs to speak up and contribute. This is why you still hear announcers and people comment that Kliff and Kyler are still working on their communication.

I am on the record saying I think we are seeing a QB who is just very inexperienced against talented defenses. We both know the Parcells rule about college QB starts and the lack of evidence in disproving that rule. Kyler has so many outlier areas to overcome and it is easy to forget that starting experience is one of those.

HairZach

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
After 5 games my opinion on the offense is I am happy with Kliffs game planning/play calling and critical of Kylers play. We put up yards on offense despite Kyler making plenty of mistakes. However, I do think Kyler has shown more than enough to be the QB of the future. He will continue to improve. Even with his current mistakes he does more than enough to win. Edmonds, Kirk and Isabella all had significant contributions today that make me feel good about our offense becoming a well oiled machine in the future.

On the other side of the ball... I feel sick thinking about our defense going up against Dallas, LA and Seattle.

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
After 5 games my opinion on the offense is I am happy with Kliffs game planning/play calling and critical of Kylers play. We put up yards on offense despite Kyler making plenty of mistakes. However, I do think Kyler has shown more than enough to be the QB of the future. He will continue to improve. Even with his current mistakes he does more than enough to win.

On the other side of the ball... I feel sick thinking about our defense going up against Dallas, LA and Seattle.
Yeah, it needs to be understood that he only has 1 full year of college and 1 full year of NFL play. He will continue to make some mistakes that he likely would have fleshed out through college reps for another year or two. He just needs to make enough good plays to offset them for now.

WildBB

Yogi n da Bear
Reaction score
KM looked very poised today in the pocket. Even with some pressure. First time this year he's looked that comfortable really. I liked that he really looked to get everyone involved today early. The 4th down pass to Daniels was huge. Edmonds was big, and Drake took the que and ran with some authority finally. Maybe the messages from K2 and the coaches are really getting through. Simmons take note. Prepare and perform.

Last edited:

WhyAlwaysMe

ASFN Lifer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Kliff is such an elite play caller.

now that he finally purged the bubble screen. He even called the fake bubble slant I’ve been asking for!

Cardsfaninlouky

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Me personally

Play calling and play design are two completely different types of coaching strengths.

Kliff is a very good play designer, I wont deny that.

His issue that he is unable to create a scheme that gets his team comfortable for 10-15 drives.

Watch Joe Brady (Carolina Panthers OC)

what the plays he calls. He is always calling plays to his qb and wrs strength.

Nothing fancy, just smart personnel based playcalling over the stint of an entire game.
He was damn good at calling plays at LSU, from the looks of things he's doing the same in the NFL. I would like to see KK use a little more misdirection & TE delayed/pinch block & release plays. I have yet to see us run the play again that Maxx Williams scored on against Atlanta last year. On that play, everyone took the defense to the right, Maxx pinch blocked, released on a drag route about 20 yards to the left with no one around him. Excellent play design by KK. I wanna see more of those plays personally but I'll take the win today & any day however we can get it.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson