Seahawks release two Offensive Linemen

sportznutt

Canadian Card
Reaction score
Justin Britt and DJ Fluker. Saves them a combined $14.1 million.

WhyAlwaysMe

ASFN Lifer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
We will find out the answer to the question “What’s worse than trash?”

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
not sure what Seattle is doing offensive line wise

its Duane Brown and four journeymen

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
If we had an off season program I'd think we would consider cutting Sweezy (move Jones to Guard) to save money as well. Kyler's not experienced like Russ to handle those kinda changes on the OLine yet tho.
not sure what Seattle is doing offensive line wise

its Duane Brown and four journeymen
Drafted a rookie out of LSU

WhyAlwaysMe

ASFN Lifer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Its been their philosophy for the past 7 years. Invest in the D, Russ can make do with a weak oline. Just invest in the D. Catch a few lucky breaks and favorable calls from the refs and the O can get by. 2019 was their luckiest season.

actually this has not been the case the last two seasons. Seattle used to cobble together spare parts, but in 2018 and 2019 they invested heavily in Brown/Britt/Sweezy (18)/Iupati (19).

They had more talent on their offensive line the last two years than we did.

Shaggy

Site Owner Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
actually this has not been the case the last two seasons. Seattle used to cobble together spare parts, but in 2018 and 2019 they invested heavily in Brown/Britt/Sweezy (18)/Iupati (19).

And yet Wilson was still running for his life.

don7031

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Seattle did put together a good offensive line on paper, but injuries happened. So now they have hit the reset button and brought in a bunch of bodies to compete for spots.

Offensive line injuries are a league wide problem as these players are carrying too much weight.

cardsfanmd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
If we had an off season program I'd think we would consider cutting Sweezy (move Jones to Guard) to save money as well. Kyler's not experienced like Russ to handle those kinda changes on the OLine yet tho.

Drafted a rookie out of LSU
I’m not sure why everyone is constantly talking about getting rid of Sweezy. He was the best and most consistent guy on our line last year and brings an edge. I know Pugh makes too much to get cut yet but I won’t his soft ass a bit.

cardsfanmd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

Iupati hasn’t been good in years.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
John Schneider has been AWFUL drafting OL. They have used dozens of picks on OL and like one (Britt) turned out any good.

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
3rd round

might be good

wouldnt this be like cutting Justin Murray now because they drafted Josh Jones? that would make me nervous
I think its the Russ factor. He's dealt with a reshuffled OLine for years. They can risk developing a guy with Russ out there.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
I’m not sure why everyone is constantly talking about getting rid of Sweezy. He was the best and most consistent guy on our line last year and brings an edge. I know Pugh makes too much to get cut yet but I won’t his soft ass a bit.

Sweezy was solid, but Pugh actually had a really good season compared to his other years.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I don't really like the idea of Britt.

He is very marginal according to PFF, and barely better than what cole has done.

Either we are going to give Mason Cole a chance or not. He is still young enough he could be a long term answer.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson