What if....the thread of crazyish draft moves

AZman5103

Hall of Famer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Ok, so were all bored...this thread is about moves that we are 95+% sure will not happen, but you never know. If everything fell into place, would you...

My first one:

Washington take Tua at #2.

Chase Young is now sitting there at #3 for Detroit.

Would you trade PP21 + #8 to Detroit for #3 (Chase Young)???

I would. Young is an elite pass rushing prospect. You combine him with Jones and Phillips and we should be putting so much pressure on the QB that our CB's become a lot less important. Also, PP21 could leave after the season anyway.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Ok, so were all bored...this thread is about moves that we are 95+% sure will not happen, but you never know. If everything fell into place, would you...

My first one:

I would. Young is an elite pass rushing prospect. You combine him with Jones and Phillips and we should be putting so much pressure on the QB that our CB's become a lot less important. Also, PP21 could leave after the season anyway.

I’d give up almost anything to add Chase Young. To have a young franchise QB and the best pass rushing prospect in years both on rookie contracts would set us up nice

Young and Jones off the edge would be insane.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
No. This team isn't getting better by subtracting Peterson and creating a huge hole. Plus we already are paying Kennard.

Young's an elite talent but not a fit at this time.

WhyAlwaysMe

ASFN Lifer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score

My first one:

Interesting hypothetical.

I think I do it, just because of the cost savings. PP21 + #8 cost about $10m more than #3 against the cap, I believe.

Without consideration of the cap implications, I’d prefer PP21 and #8.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

I think I do it, just because of the cost savings. PP21 + #8 cost about $10m more than #3 against the cap, I believe.

peterson is up at the end of the year as well and your going to have to make a decision on him.

pinetopred

Registered
Reaction score
In a heartbeat, best prospect in years I've seen coming off the edge and actually plays the run well . There is always a fit for elite talent especially in the front 7 JMO 4 guy rotation keeps everyone fresh can't have enough good players attacking the line of scrimmage every play.

Rohinaz

All Star
Reaction score
Absolutely NOT. You dont trade a HOF corner in his prime to move up a few spots in the draft for an unproven pass rusher.

What not keep a leg ard CB, trade back a few spots for an extra 3rd round pick and draft klavon chiasson at OLB. He prob fits our d better anyway.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

JeffGollin

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

Are we better off with an extra Edge guy and no premier CB? Or are we better with one premier CB and no surplus Edge rusher?

Zeno

Ancient
Reaction score
No. This team isn't getting better by subtracting Peterson and creating a huge hole. Plus we already are paying Kennard.

Young's an elite talent but not a fit at this time.

Kennards $2.5 million cap hit this year doesn’t prevent you from doing the proposed move. I agree though I am not creating another hole by trading Peterson.

Garthshort

ASFN Addict
Reaction score

My first one:

And you think that Washington would make that trade. If so SK would be looked upon as one of the All Time GM's. Forget his drafts, it would be a case of what have you done for me lately.

WhyAlwaysMe

ASFN Lifer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Are we better off with an extra Edge guy and no premier CB? Or are we better with one premier CB and no surplus Edge rusher?

SF’s secondary is not very talented and their defense was elite.

line is by far most important, especially the edge.

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
my crazy draft proposal:

trade down from #8, ideally in two or three trades until the Cards are sitting in the twenties, and have accumulated 4 or 5 more picks.

at 20, there will be a tier 2 OT available

take the additional third and fourth rounders you accumulated, and package those with the two fourths the team already has to move up into late 2nd / 3rd round

the strategy here is the maximize the number of picks the team has between #20 and #80 or so

daves

Keepin' it real!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Would you trade PP21 + #8 to Detroit for #3 (Chase Young)???[/QUOTE]
Given that the Lions just traded AWAY Slay, who wanted & received a monster new contract, why would they trade FOR an older CB who will need a big new contract this year, when they can just stay put and draft Okudah?!

...dbs

Ronin

…..
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Ian Rapoport
⁦‪@RapSheet‬⁩

You must be registered for see images

While the #Redskins have opened up the possibility of taking a QB at No. 2, appears other teams believe #OSUDE Chase Young will be gone second or at worst, No. 3. No teams past #Lions have reached out to him. Either lying in wait… or teams past 3 think they have no shot at him.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Absolutely NOT. You dont trade a HOF corner in his prime to move up a few spots in the draft for an unproven pass rusher.

What not keep a leg ard CB, trade back a few spots for an extra 3rd round pick and draft klavon chiasson at OLB. He prob fits our d better anyway.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
:rolleyes:

AZCrazy

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
We'd have to trade Chandler Jones and #8, which would defeat the purpose.

DumboD

Rookie
Reaction score
Except for the QBs, Young is regarded as the best player in the draft, and as an elite pass rusher, the position most sought after by NFL teams after an elite QB. I also think the Lions would laugh at this offer. Before the PEDs and five years ago, Peterson may have warranted this kind of trade value...but now, I think the Cards would be fortunate to get a third-round pick for Peterson and the Cards' fourth-round pick.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

My first one:

In a heart beat. P2 is on the down slope and DE is greater value than CB.

There are still FA CB's out there that get you most of what P2 offers. Talib, Amukamara, Breeland, Cockrell, Apple.

Also Chandler is 30 now. How much longer does he have left?

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson