Kenyan Drake Gets the Transition Tag

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Could ARZ not just wait until next year to get a replacement through the draft and just get a cheap 3rd string RB in FA? I wouldn't want to use a third round pick on a RB that could cost us a potential starter at another position when they would be at best a back up if they beat out Edmonds. If your looking to get a third string back then maybe look in sixth round if they are BPA at that point.

I know this sounds crazy, but a starter where?

Really, there is only maybe a starting DE position open, but outside of that, this team has most of the starting positions with at least a credible name next to it now.

RB makes sense because you can ease a guy into the role and then let Drake walk.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score

Really, there is only maybe a starting DE position open, but outside of that, this team has most of the starting positions with at least a credible name next to it now.

RB makes sense because you can ease a guy into the role and then let Drake walk.
Us agreeing makes me feel uncomfortable.

GuernseyCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Could ARZ not just wait until next year to get a replacement through the draft and just get a cheap 3rd string RB in FA? I wouldn't want to use a third round pick on a RB that could cost us a potential starter at another position when they would be at best a back up if they beat out Edmonds. If your looking to get a third string back then maybe look in sixth round if they are BPA at that point.

They certainly won't be using a 3rd round pick on a RB viewed as simply a #3 back.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
I think with RBs, the thing to do is once you've ID'ed a good player, dont stop looking for the next guy!

Its such a physical position, you rarely see a guy who is really good for a decade.

overseascardfan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score

FS isn't locked down. I like Amik Robertson who is the second coming of Tyrann Mattheiu who if ARZ could get in Round, Joseph could play him at FS. Also, C isn't locked down. If Tyler Biadasz is around in Round 4 he could end up starting. Point is there are plenty of FA RB options out there that could be had on the cheap.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
Man, this discussion. Smh. Same ol, same ol. Boring, mundane. Let it go.

:lastweek:
Now that the tender is signed, and we're moving forward, sure. There's not much more to do on my end than hope that I'm wrong!

FS isn't locked down. I like Amik Robertson who is the second coming of Tyrann Mattheiu who if ARZ could get in Round, Joseph could play him at FS. Also, C isn't locked down. If Tyler Biadasz is around in Round 4 he could end up starting. Point is there are plenty of FA RB options out there that could be had on the cheap.
I want Jalen Thompson to keep playing, personally.

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Now that the tender is signed, and we're moving forward, sure. There's not much more to do on my end than hope that I'm wrong!

I want Jalen Thompson to keep playing, personally.

Yeah all fine
But u should recognize how wrong u be in your last crusades, maybe next time can u start making one for something really debatable?

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
Yeah all fine
But u should recognize how wrong u be in your last crusades, maybe next time can u start making one for something really debatable?
I haven't been wrong about anything yet. Kliff Kingsbury hasn't won anything of note, Kyler Murray hasn't gotten us to the playoffs, Keim still can't draft to save his life..

With Hopkins, things appear different, but not a soul on this board predicted that.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score

FS is locked down....with the wrong player.

Robertson? A 5'8 nickel back? I'm sure that 100% of the league would love to match up big physical receivers against a tiny DB. Yeah he was productive against Lousiana-Lafayette, but I'm not so certain he wouldnt look like Tostito Paul against the big boys every week. If I'm going for a smaller program guy, I'm not banking on guys with minus physical traits.

Biadasz is interesting, but most rookie OL are pretty bad and I doubt he is more ready than Mason Cole at this point.

I want young legal from RB and a rookie is even cheaper than what you'd pay a veteran.

overseascardfan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
FS is locked down....with the wrong player.

Robertson? A 5'8 nickel back? I'm sure that 100% of the league would love to match up big physical receivers against a tiny DB. Yeah he was productive against Lousiana-Lafayette, but I'm not so certain he wouldnt look like Tostito Paul against the big boys every week. If I'm going for a smaller program guy, I'm not banking on guys with minus physical traits.

Biadasz is interesting, but most rookie OL are pretty bad and I doubt he is more ready than Mason Cole at this point.

I want young legal from RB and a rookie is even cheaper than what you'd pay a veteran.
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media
Tyrann Matthieu. You don't have to be 6'4 210 to be a FS in he NFL. Dude has no trouble tackling and is a ball hawk. His weaknesses would be exposed if he played on an island but he would be used like Tyrann Matthieu whom I am sure Keim wishes he still had on this roster. He the type of player you just have to get on the field, doesn't matter what position you play him because he can cover and come up in run support.

Again, like Thompson, Cole could use some competition to push him. Biadasz wound be an upgrade over Galliard. Plus, Cole may be listed as a C but I think his long term position is OG.

......He didn’t do that last season?
I feel if he doesn't have someone pushing him for playing time he will regress. If he sees no one over his shoulder then he could lose his competitiveness because he knows there is no one to replace him so he is starting no matter what. You don't want players to have that in their head.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
I feel if he doesn't have someone pushing him for playing time he will regress. If he sees no one over his shoulder then he could lose his competitiveness because he knows there is no one to replace him so he is starting no matter what. You don't want players to have that in their head.
Yep, this is why I prefer at least sticking him to the one year deal. If the guy wants to get paid, he will have to keep running with effort, keep his head in the playbook, be the best prepared, week-in-week-out. Something happened in Miami to keep him from getting playing time with two coaches.

GuernseyCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I haven't been wrong about anything yet. Kliff Kingsbury hasn't won anything of note, Kyler Murray hasn't gotten us to the playoffs, Keim still can't draft to save his life..

With Hopkins, things appear different, but not a soul on this board predicted that.

I predict that following the 2020 season, 31 GM's, HC's and starting QB's will have a failed to deliver a SB win

Shame... shame!

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach
I'm really not sure where there's things I've been clearly wrong about (or haven't immediately mea culpa'd like the time I thought Gunter was worked out by a scout instead of a coach) yet coming off of a 5-11-1 season. Kyler came out of the gate as Offensive Rookie of the Year, but so did RG3 and Sam Bradford. But he's tracking well and especially with Hopkins will probably end up being a guy I was wrong on. But games still have to be played. Baker Mayfield was the hot guy going into last season and that train fell off the cliff fast.

GuernseyCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I'm really not sure where there's things I've been clearly wrong about (or haven't immediately mea culpa'd like the time I thought Gunter was worked out by a scout instead of a coach) yet coming off of a 5-11-1 season. Kyler came out of the gate as Offensive Rookie of the Year, but so did RG3 and Sam Bradford. But he's tracking well and especially with Hopkins will probably end up being a guy I was wrong on. But games still have to be played. Baker Mayfield was the hot guy going into last season and that train fell off the cliff fast.

Mayfield has neither the arm talent, pocket awareness or decision-making ability of KM. It wasn't that difficult for D-coordinators to map out and counter his obvious tendencies.. I see none of the latter in KM and feel that he and KK can keep them guessing.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
Mayfield has neither the arm talent, pocket awareness or decision-making ability of KM. It wasn't that difficult for D-coordinators to map out and counter his obvious tendencies.. I see none of the latter in KM and feel that he and KK can keep them guessing.

Disagree. Baker’s problem isn’t talent or passing acumen.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
I have no need to bash Kyler or debate him vs. Mayfield, I'm just saying that this early in a QB's career, we don't know what the future will hold. Kyler is gonna have to continue to grow. I think he can.

Zeem_Freeze

Hall of Famer
Reaction score

LOL what a fantasy land you live in.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson