OLB Leonard Floyd being released by the Bears.

Lomax to Green 84

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Living in Central Illinois means the Bears are on every week. While I am a Cardinal fan through and through, I have marginal interest in the Bears. One of my favorite players is Leonard Floyd. Not because he is a great sack artist, but because you know what you are getting game in and game out. Floyd brings consistency, consistent pressure and sound run defense and great durability.
IMHO he would be a great addition to the Cards.

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
He’s an enigma. He’s never lived up to his potential , kind of like Reddick except he was never asked to move around and change positions.

I wouldn’t be upset if we got him on a cheap deal but I wouldn’t be blowing off fireworks.

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
would love to know if maybe the Bears scheme is diff than the Cards

both run a 3/4 --

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
He’s an enigma. He’s never lived up to his potential , kind of like Reddick except he was never asked to move around and change positions.

I wouldn’t be upset if we got him on a cheap deal but I wouldn’t be blowing off fireworks.

This. He's Reddick. More suited to off ball OLB.

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
Just don't go to the NFC West please. I see Seattle being all over this guy if they lose Clowney.

OP
OP
Lomax to Green 84

Lomax to Green 84

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
This. He's Reddick. More suited to off ball OLB.
Not really true at all. Despite being slender in build, Floyd has always been praised for his relentless run defense and ability to get pressure. He struggles with finishing sacks. I watch Bears games every week and Floyd is way better than Reddick. Not a star and is a bit of an enigma because he looks like a 15 sack per year guy, but definitely not a bust like Reddick.

Veer

All Star
Reaction score
Kennard is quite interesting. He was initially used as a 4-3 OLB but the Lions hybrid 3-4 based scheme fitted him better. He is just an okay pass rusher but decent in coverage. Make no mistake though, he can drop into a zone but won't cover a fast TE or RB in space.

Basically the same could be said about Leonard Floyd. Okay pass rusher, decent in coverage. Especially with his elite size and athleticism he can disrupt throwing lanes when dropping in zone or when engaged in a pass rush. Both him and Kennard of these guys would do well opposite Chandler Jones. Not on Golden's Level (has he signed somewhere already?) in terms of pass rush, but better athletes who won't totally embarass themselves in space.

football karma

Reaction score
the good news on Kennard: he had 7 sacks last year!

the bad news: 3 of those were vs the Cards in the opener

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Guy still struggled with Khalil Mack on the other side & Akiem Hicks in the middle.

JosiahLee

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Not really true at all. Despite being slender in build, Floyd has always been praised for his relentless run defense and ability to get pressure. He struggles with finishing sacks. I watch Bears games every week and Floyd is way better than Reddick. Not a star and is a bit of an enigma because he looks like a 15 sack per year guy, but definitely not a bust like Reddick.

Is it heretical for me to say that I'm not sure Reddick will actually turn out to be a bust? I feel like he showed signs of life towards the latter half of the season especially when he was exclusively focused on rushing the passer.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Is it heretical for me to say that I'm not sure Reddick will actually turn out to be a bust? I feel like he showed signs of life towards the latter half of the season especially when he was exclusively focused on rushing the passer.
I saw zero signs. And I was hopeful.

WildBB

Yogi n da Bear
Reaction score
This is a pivotal year for Reddick, for sure.

football karma

Reaction score
paraphrasing Bucky Brooks from the Move the Sticks podcast on Floyd:

sometimes scouts fall in love with the athlete and forget production. Floyd didn't produce sacks at Georgia. He hasn't produced sacks in the NFL. That is the player he is.

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Usa is a step forward, people forced at home and they give free access for a pay per view channel
Hands down

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson