MadCards 2020 Cardinals Free Agent plan

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
Draft

Tristan Wirfs - OT
-People like or hate this, but I think he can be special.

Jalen Reagor - WR
-I would prefer Shenault, but I like the speed outside and if Byrd can be productive in this system, I believe Reagor can be as well. Also keeps all of our eggs out of the Hakeem Butler basket. Outside vertical speed is a need component.

Harrison Bryant - TE
-Big. Fast. Willing to block. This kid is a weapon in our offense.

Jordan Elliott - DL
-Strong up front. Big. Athletic.

Lamar Jackson - CB/S
-Another long and fast option to match up with TEs.

Cole McDonald - QB
-Big, raw down field thrower. Nice developmental prospect.

Last edited:

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Draft

Tristan Wirfs - OT
Jalen Reagor - WR
Harrison Bryant - TE
Jordan Elliott - DL
Lamar Jackson - CB/S
Cole McDonald - QB
Love it, though I would switch McDonald with Darius Anderson(RB) out of TCU.

Can’t wait to see reaction around here if we snag Reagor, lol.

Zeno

Ancient
Reaction score
I think being realistic is good for the FO, they obviously would never openly say this. How anyone thinks this team would only have a 1 year turnaround is not realistic. Now 2021 we can discuss playoffs if this FO makes the right decisions this offseason.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

it absolutely is realistic especially when you consider this is year 3 without a winning record. Teams prove year in and year out they are capable of going from a top 10 draft pick to playoffs, or at the very least playoff contention in one offseason...for the Cardinals to think they are incapable of that would be a disservice to everyone involved.

I just read a quote today by one of the LSU coaches “Nobody rises to low expectations” and that applies here.

Cardsfaninlouky

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I wouldn't bet on that. I think Kingsburry has decided TE's are much more important in the NFL than he was originally thinking.

Yes Arnold was a nice addition but we need a competent 3rd TE, and we can do better than Clay.
I agree but resigning Clay wouldn't break my heart by no means. He doesn't drop passes.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
deals don’t have to be backloaded, guaranteed money is the name of the game and they can get stretched through the life of a contract so yes it is very possible to minimize the first year impact. The team has proven they have no problem carrying dead
Ah. But he wasnt drafted by the Steelers...does that change anything?

Unfortunately not. Its the same with Zane. We didn't draft him but he's still RFA.

akg102

Veteran
Reaction score
Is Golden really worth 4yr/$56M at 29? I remember most people wanted to let him go because he'd lost a step after the injury.

ARZCardinals

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
O line and D line
Till they’re fixed this team will NEVER have a winning season

There won’t be much of a free agency for this team - they just blew a huge chunk of the money on a WR that gets ya 50 yards a game and 1 TD every 4 games....brilliant!

Cards are 100 miles behind SF
Cards are 99 miles behind Seattle
Cards are 59 miles behind the Rams
...and that’s just the division.

if a team can’t compete in the division there’s no hope for them.

Murray’s rookie contract will be wasted under Keim. It should be golden years for getting young proven vets when you can afford them because you’re not paying the QB huge money...ie Seattle with Wilson his early years and Buffalo did this past year.

With Keim at the wheel spending the money...the 2020-2021 season is already over before it began.

Last edited:

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

I think there will be better receivers in round 2
Wirf can be a trade down option?

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
There isn’t a position out there that isn’t expensive in free agency. Anytime you are forced to plug a hole with a top flight player it’s costly. Qb 30m, OT 15m, WR 18M. Take your pick. You can sign all the Brook Reeds of the world for depth but top flight is a whole different story.

Keim can really improve the defense this year with free agency. Maybe 1 top flight and 2 solid starters. This years draft ( and last years) will/can/should make it sustainable.

But will he? The irony of this if you draft REALLY good players eventually the player becomes top flight and somewhere down the line you have to pay them. However, for every “ hit” Keim drafts there are 5 misses so we haven’t had that “ problem”. Thus we are looking constantly looking to free agency as our savior.

We are learning no matter how much cap space we appear to have you can’t fill all our needs. Very good teams that have a shot at winning big can go out and pay the 1 or 2 splash signings they believe will put them over the top.

Assuming Kyler turns out to be the qb we are hoping for he will be 30-35M per year. It will be very important to have players in their second or third year to be ready to step in like your OT or Edge rusher or premier WR or CB. You can’t pay 4 guys 50% of your cap space.

Signing Humphries today is a $$$ problem. We’ve had 4 years to draft and groom his replacement and we didn’t. If we sign him to a 4 year deal we better have his replacement in 3 years. That’s how you attain sustainability. That’s one reason why teams like the a Patriots and Seahawks can let player walk away like Chandler Jones and Frank Clark yet continue to win.

Will Dogbe, Allen, Murphy, Butler, Issabella, Johnson and Kirk be those guys? If not we’ll continue to nothing more than be mediocre.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
The Cardinals went from 5-11 to 10-6 in one season, the Rams went from 4-12 to 11-5 in one season, Colts from 4-12 to 10-6, the 49ers and Bills went from top 10 picks in the draft to the playoffs. I don’t want to hear this team can’t compete next season, they should be expected to, if they aren’t 9-7 at minimum and competing for a playoff spot it’s an absolute failure. You don’t worry about 2021 you worry about 2020 or you waste yet another year of having a QB on a rookie contract.
We may be playing the pathetic AFC East and NFC East this year but so are our division rivals, who are leaps and bounds better than us, and will continue to be barring unforeseen catastrophic injury. 2021 is the year that contracts/age and such will become more of a challenge for the rest of the division and our most ideal time to strike. Overpaying poor players and backloading deals just to grab third place in this division is a poor idea.

Spend wisely, develop the belly of the roster, get more experience across the board with an easier than usua; schedule, build belief in the team, and reap the benefits in 2021.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score

I don't love the idea, but I don't think you can risk it by not taking him. He is vertical. He has speed. He gives you another option if Butler and Isabella don't develop.

FB94

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Haven’t really studied the 2020 FA list yet, but I do want the Cards to go heavy on the Defensive side of the ball

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson