Epenesa, Wirfs, Willis, Jeudy, Lamb. Rank these from greatest to least in terms of who you want

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
Jeudy, whom I'm pretty sure won't be there at #8, is the best WR I've seen, this postseason. And Lamb has gotten lots of attention. But, I've read that, over the years, many good WR's have been picked after the first round. I'm not sure, but I think that Thomas (NO) and McLaurin (Wash) might fall into the "after the first" category. Does anyone know?
Both after the first, yes. There’s more successful 2nd round receivers in the past 4-5 years than first rounders.

RugbyMuffin

ASFN IDOL
Reaction score
You should have a board set up by now. I hate the combine and how people put stock into gym numbers rather than tape. Bad drafting teams draft off of the combine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yup.

Put my top 10 on a piece of paper to keep things in perspective.

But the underwear Olympics has its effect

Sent from my mystical communication warp drive device thingy

JeffGollin

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
It's early, but the guys who first come off my board are Burrow, Lawrence, Simmons, Wirfs, Epenesa, Lamb, Jeudy, Brown

That makes 8. At first look (with the exception of the two QB's) I'd be happy with any of them

Southpaw

Provocateur aka Wallyburger
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My draft model excludes all WRs 1st round so no Lamb or Jeudy. I would make an exception for Tee Higgins. Really like Ty Johnson/Justin Jefferson 2nd round
That leaves

Wirfs

Espenesa

Top 10 pick should be BPA or trade down.

HoodieBets

Formerly azcardsfan1616
Reaction score
I’m not so sure Espenesa is a 3-4 DE. His size is comparable to Kareem Martin who played 3-4 DE at first but was moved to OLB. he’s kind of a tweener in a 3-4...
Yeah Epenesa would play opposite chandler with hicks and Reddick/FA on the inside. If the pick was Simmons you’d have chandler hicks Simmons marsh/FA. My worry with a Simmons pick is a lack of QB pressure to help chandler. Simmons is great but he is mostly going to be a coverage guy.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
Yeah Epenesa would play opposite chandler with hicks and Reddick/FA on the inside. If the pick was Simmons you’d have chandler hicks Simmons marsh/FA. My worry with a Simmons pick is a lack of QB pressure to help chandler. Simmons is great but he is mostly going to be a coverage guy.

Marsh isn't signed to the team for 2020. I know you mentioned an FA, but Reddick is the only "OLB" of note left besides Chandler Jones.

AZman5103

Hall of Famer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
I'd rather draft Simmons and bring in a FA Olb opposite of Chandler ...or let Reddick play at OLB in a pinch.

The only OLB I would take in the 1st is Chase Young, and he is going top 3

Delmar M Lewis

All Star
Reaction score
I remember him being touted as one of the most mobile guards to come out in some time. He may very well have been that guy if he didn't literally break his leg in his first preseason. We will never really know for sure.
But considering the return for trading him I think we did alright would anyone consider trading Chandler Jones for Cooper today?

AZman5103

Hall of Famer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
I also have to say, I might change my tune if Andrew Thomas falls to us at #8. He is better than Humphries. The only downside is that we will have already decided whether or not to franchise DJ by draft time. If we knew we would get Thomas, I would let DJ walk

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
I also have to say, I might change my tune if Andrew Thomas falls to us at #8. He is better than Humphries. The only downside is that we will have already decided whether or not to franchise DJ by draft time. If we knew we would get Thomas, I would let DJ walk

Thomas has some experience at RT... Look I’m more scared than anyone giving DJ an extension but he’s our only young talent on the OL moving forward. You can’t let him go.

cardsfanmd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Marsh isn't signed to the team for 2020. I know you mentioned an FA, but Reddick is the only "OLB" of note left besides Chandler Jones.
Espenesa is not and would not be an OLB in our or anyone else’s system. He’s 6’6” and lacks the speed, flexibility and hips to play OLB on passing downs. He’s 280 and growing. He’s def an end in our base package who could kick inside and rush the passer when we go nickel and dime.

AZman5103

Hall of Famer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Thomas has some experience at RT... Look I’m more scared than anyone giving DJ an extension but he’s our only young talent on the OL moving forward. You can’t let him go.

But this is what I don't get. People on this board freak out about giving Honeybadger a big deal after injuries, DJ a big deal after injuries, etc.

This was the first year in Humphries career he didn't end up on IR. When he does play, he is average, but the trend has been that he doesn't play. If you could guarantee me that we would get this years level of play for an entire contract, I would reluctantly say sign him, and try to do it on a reasonable deal. He doesn't warrent big time OT money...but my gut tells me he will either be injured a lot or regress once he gets paid.

I think franchising him for the year makes some sense. It's a lot of money, but we aren't committed long term. If thats the route we choose though, we need to have a LT waiting in the wings, which would make picking Andrew Thomas a top priority. He could play RT next year, and if we then let DJ walk Thomas slides over and hopefully someone on our roster at that point can step up and play RT.

I don't like the idea of paying Humphries top money because he's all we've got. A mid-level talent with injury concerns should be paid as so, and if he wants to leave we should let him

PACardsFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I think he is a really good player. He would be a guy I would target if I traded down. He reminds me a lot of Cam Jordan. I would prefer more of an OLB that high, but I might change my thoughts along the way.

I don't know where I am with Epenesa vs Javon Kinlaw yet.
Have you given thought to Gross-Matos (Penn State)?
-6'5" 265 lbs
-Long arms, MASSIVE wingspan
-Relentless motor & great hands
-Sets a firm edge
-Athletic, impactful & scheme versatile

BigDavis75

Making a Comeback
Reaction score
I think espn or pff had Calais as the no3 d lineman of.the decade behind watt and donald.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

He was nothing short of exceptional here, I hated that we weren’t able to resign him.

JeffGollin

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I'd rather draft Simmons and bring in a FA Olb opposite of Chandler ...or let Reddick play at OLB in a pinch.

The "Freak of Nature" comment about Simmons is precisely what I want to hear about a high draft pick. (Outside of Chandler J, our LB corps is stocked with hard-working grinder types. We need more athletes).

Regarding OT - Not that I'm not happy about having Humphries on our roster but "Better than the Hump" is not exactly what I'd consider to be a glowing endorsement.

AZCrazy

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Our O Line isn't our weak link anymore. Thomas and Wirfs are worth a look in the first, but also look even harder at Okudah, Simmons, or Brown.

We need either a big name WR or DL in free agency in the worst way. That will clear things up.

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
Epenesa

good player, but i think he is best as a 4/3 DE

i think there is a risk that you dont get what you want if you move him inside to 3/4 DE

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score

We are on the same page. There are other roads we could choose. But we desperately need to fill the other ilb. We could go after Littleton and that would be great, but it’s a lot of money to soak into the linebacking corp. Simmons would allow us to use the money for a couple of d-linemen.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
Our O Line isn't our weak link anymore. Thomas and Wirfs are worth a look in the first, but also look even harder at Okudah, Simmons, or Brown.

We need either a big name WR or DL in free agency in the worst way. That will clear things up.

That line thinking could definitely backfire if our injury luck swings back the other way. Banking on Sweezy/Murray being adequate again on the right side is dangerous.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson