Cardinals just exposed the Niners

PACardsFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Don't look now, but the Cardinals just showed a few of the more talented teams just how to beat that Niner D. Talented teams like the Saints, Packers, Cowboys, etc will watch how the Cardinals tore up their D in the 2nd half & took notes. Moving pockets, no huddle offense, spread the D out. That Niner D was exhausted down the stretch. If we got the ball back, there's no doubt we would have moved down the field. We need more talent on both sides of the ball. When, and if we get it, Murray will make us an elite team that no one will want to play.

TaylorSwift

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Very few qbs could make the plays Kyler made tonight. his arm and legs open stuff up that may not open up for other qbs

OP
OP
PACardsFan

PACardsFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Not gonna lie, I feel like they’re gonna dominate the hell out of us 2 weeks from now.

No one can argue that they are a much better team right now than we are. They'll have a few players back from injury & will play in front of their home crowd. But, I still maintain that if we protect the ball, we can stay in ANY game. They will game plan for Drake & they'll be better prepared for the adjustments that KK made at the half. Doesn't mean that we won't make similar changes to avoid being down 14 at the half.

KYCardFan

Veteran
Reaction score
Not every team has a mobile QB than can throw

But they never really stopped the Cards all night without some ill timed penalties

Hurry up offense caused the 49ers defense problems

Crimson Warrior

Dangerous Murray Zealot
Reaction score
Not gonna lie, I feel like they’re gonna dominate the hell out of us 2 weeks from now.

We ran for like 160 against them. That's real **** right there. That's not going to change in two weeks.

Maybe they beat us by more than three, but if you can run against a team like we did against them tonight, you're not going to get blown off the field.

WildBB

Yogi n da Bear
Reaction score
9ers are loaded, and Garapolo is playing very well. Moving around the pocket well and sidestepping pressure while making his multiple reads. We have a ways to go. Our vets have to step up and lead. Not all are contributing. They got rid of one who was going through the motions. There mtl will be more this offseason. We need an infusion of talent on both lines and LB to start with. Chandler Jones isn't enough. PP is pedestrian without them pressuring consistently.

Last edited:

Cardinal

All Star
Reaction score

I feel the same. Thursday night games can be weird. 49ers probably got too cocky after putting up 51 on Carolina last week. It happens.

Although, we do get them on a short week since they’ll play Seattle on MNF

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
As a whole once we started implementing TEs and multiple back sets, the Cardinals are ironically one of the better rushing teams in the NFL, and having a QB who can run also makes the defense think... especially when we run to the left with Humphries, who is actually a great run blocker

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I felt like they were gonna destroy us tonight and it didn't happen, so we'll see.
I felt like we were gonna keep it close because TNF games are hella weird. Not this close though.

If we keep it close two weeks from now, I’ll be VERY surprised.

Praxis

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
If we won the challenge and stopped them on 4th and inches like we did on the goal line, I think Murray/Drake win it. Play calling and defense weren't up to snuff most of the game but you're never truly out of it with a good QB (e.g. Rodgers, Wilson). Hopefully Murray elevates us to that level in time with a little more help.

dscher

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I felt like we were gonna keep it close because TNF games are hella weird. Not this close though.

If we keep it close two weeks from now, I’ll be VERY surprised.
What makes you so adamant that we get whooped two weeks from now? Just curious.

bojack

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
As a whole once we started implementing TEs and multiple back sets, the Cardinals are ironically one of the better rushing teams in the NFL, and having a QB who can run also makes the defense think... especially when we run to the left with Humphries, who is actually a great run blocker

This. In the 11 and 12 personnel, especially when we motion the receiver across it creates opportunities because there are basically 3 running threats to consider. We don't run the ball well in a 10 personnel spread.

SoCal Cardfan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I felt like if PP actually gave a chit, and Vance Joseph wasn't terrible, we would have won by 10 or more tonight, which is saying a lot..Because I honestly thought this game would be over before the second quarter was 5 minutes in.

I like our QB.... I'm warming up to our Head coach.

Keim still needs to go, and we need a lot of help on both sides of the ball.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
What makes you so adamant that we get whooped two weeks from now? Just curious.
We sold out to stop the run & it worked, but they gashed us in the air. Just don’t think we’ll be as successful since we’ll be so worried about Jimmy G now.

Seattle49er

Reaction score
Sundays game against the Panthers had to be exhausting, then turnaround 4 days later go on the road on Thursday play against a very moblie QB with a new RB, Drake with no film on him at AZ. I'm not surprised how well the Cards played.

I honestly don't think anything got exposed, I do think your coaching staff did well to take advantage of a tired D with the hurry up offense.

This was actually a game the 9ers needed, it humbled the D but at the same time answered a question everyone has been asking. What happens when the offense needs to step up and win the game, will Jimmy G be able to take the team on his back and deliver (he did, literally with Chandler on his back), by the way if that was breeze or Brady that would have been roughing the passer. Was the question answered, yes.

Next game will be different, 9ers at home, more film on Drake, normal recovery period for the D.

Gonna be fun to watch.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson