How Far Are We Behind The Niners?

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I can't help but this being the sticking point for this franchise moving forward.. we have a lack of talent across the board and have for years imo. That's all gm. It has to change for this team to make the leap imo..

I mean that’s not really true. We won the division in 15, we were 8-8 two years ago with a ton of injuries on that team(Palmer only played 7 games that year)

dscher

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I mean that’s not really true. We won the division in 15, we were 8-8 two years ago with a ton of injuries on that team(Palmer only played 7 games that year)
But when you have depth on your roster then injuries aren't an excuse for the good franchises.. I guess my pipe dream is the well built teams like the saints and Patriots. Dreaming is free. :)

bojack

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
This will be the 49ers first winning season since 2013.

there rebuild was long and painful let’s not act like it happened over night

Still doesn't change the dramatic swing from being the 2nd worst team last year, who lost to us twice, to being contenders.

Broseph

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I remember the Niners Would always play us hard when they were trash and we were good, they were never easy games. Now we are trash and they are good and I bet they will steamroll this spineless team.

Crimson Warrior

Dangerous Murray Zealot
Reaction score
wow.. they put up a fifty-burger on CAR... wow.

I'd say defensively they're, oh, I don't know, maybe about a light year ahead of us.

They picked off the K. Allen kid three times today, but Allen looked like a video game QB against us.

SF is number one in yardage defense so far this year.

In summary, it sucks to be us. In 2020, ff we could somehow possibly fight our way past a very good Ram team, we would still have to overtake the hawks, and now also the supremely defensively-talented 49ers.

Dammit.

94niners

Reaction score
Nonsense and Kyle shannan is the greatest play caller ever even though the majority of the wins have come with them scoring less than 2 tds.
Have you seen the QB he's working with? Jimmy G is very much a work in progress. The dude makes so many stupid decisions, it's a miracle the offense is even functional. But every week I see Shanahan come up with twenty new ridiculous plays, and every week I think, "Alright, that's it, he's used everything he's got. Next week it will be stuff I've seen before," and every week I see so many subtle tweaks that are specific to the opponent that I'm reminded how much I underestimate him.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
But when you have depth on your roster then injuries aren't an excuse for the good franchises.. I guess my pipe dream is the well built teams like the saints and Patriots. Dreaming is free. :)

going 8-8 missing your starting QB is pretty damn good

Southpaw

Provocateur aka Wallyburger
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Have you seen the QB he's working with? Jimmy G is very much a work in progress. The dude makes so many stupid decisions, it's a miracle the offense is even functional. But every week I see Shanahan come up with twenty new ridiculous plays, and every week I think, "Alright, that's it, he's used everything he's got. Next week it will be stuff I've seen before," and every week I see so many subtle tweaks that are specific to the opponent that I'm reminded how much I underestimate him.

and I am convinced Shanahan could win with Nick Mullens. Patriots gifted 9ers with Jimmy but that was because Belichik wanted to spite Kraft and Brady.

Not sure if John Lynch is a genius or is behind these moves but he seems to be making Keim look like the incompetent that he is. Coincidental that the turnaround came under Lynch?

BW52

Registered
Reaction score
If someone told me the Cardinals could actually draft a franchise QB in two drafts no matter the cost, I would be like hell yeah with the little given up to botch the Rosen pick and the law of averages in the draft in general. Kyler was the right choice and the right move from all we have seen and anyone saying different is just being butt hurt for their own opinions leading into this draft. The problem is guys like Reddick, Baker and Isabella... LB, safety, and a WR expected to be a dynamic guy from merely the slot all playing like doo doo (or not at all) is the fly in the ointment
If someone told me the Cardinals could actually draft a franchise QB in two drafts no matter the cost, I would be like hell yeah with the little given up to botch the Rosen pick and the law of averages in the draft in general. Kyler was the right choice and the right move from all we have seen and anyone saying different is just being butt hurt for their own opinions leading into this draft. The problem is guys like Reddick, Baker and Isabella... LB, safety, and a WR expected to be a dynamic guy from merely the slot all playing like doo doo (or not at all) is the fly in the ointment

So far KM has flashed his skills and been good other times he looked like a lost ball in the tall grass.So QBOTF
Is still premature IMO.So if you consider that being butthurt thats your problem.As for justifying his #1 pick in the whole draft........?
The fly in the ointment?I thought Cards drafted a guy who wouldn't be sacked,I tercepted and would change the face of the NFL.So far we have seen a QB who can look like a world beater for a while and then look like a bum the next.
A QB who has issues in the REDZONE
A rookie QB learning on the job is a roller coaster ride as is a rookie HC.Not a knock on KM just pointing out some issues without the KM blinders some can't seem to take off.

HGC

All Star
Reaction score
So far KM has flashed his skills and been good other times he looked like a lost ball in the tall grass.So QBOTF
Is still premature IMO.So if you consider that being butthurt thats your problem.As for justifying his #1 pick in the whole draft........?
The fly in the ointment?I thought Cards drafted a guy who wouldn't be sacked,I tercepted and would change the face of the NFL.So far we have seen a QB who can look like a world beater for a while and then look like a bum the next.
A rookie QB learning on the job is a roller coaster ride as is a rookie HC.Not a knock on KM just pointing out some issues without the KM blinders some can't seem to take off.

Nobody reasonable said the Cardinals drafted a guy who wouldn’t be sacked, intercepted and would change the face of the NFL. You were arguing with knuckleheads.

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score

Nah, you appear to be one of the preconceived thought/ butt hurt which your extended picky tirade would indicate for what actually equates as successful for a rookie so far... my ass feels fine with no agenda but winning in the future from that position, though I suggest you stock up on some Preparation H because franchise QBs usually stick around for a while :)

BW52

Registered
Reaction score
Nah, you appear to be one of the preconceived thought/ butt hurt which your extended picky tirade would indicate for what actually equates as successful for a rookie so far... my ass feels fine with no agenda but winning in the future from that position, though I suggest you stock up on some Preparation H because franchise QBs usually stick around for a while :)

When and if he shows that he is franchise QB then you can kiss his ass daily so you better stock up on ChapStick .:koolaid:.

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
I hear you.I:shrug:. thought Jake was going to be the QBOF and lead the Cards to playoffs every year.

There is still a part of me which wishes Michael was in charge at the time for what it's worth but Jake was a tease if winning a championship was the objective, still have his jersey and one of my favorites but at least I did not get a Leinart jersey when I thought just maybe...

Crimson Warrior

Dangerous Murray Zealot
Reaction score
I hear you.I:shrug:. thought Jake was going to be the QBOF and lead the Cards to playoffs every year.

The '98 playoff win over the cowboys helped get the new stadium built, and Plummer otherwise helped to keep the franchise afloat in a crucial time during their tenure in Arizona. It kept Bidwill from possibly moving the team to Mexico City (j/k sort of).

The eventual divorce was hurtful, but Jake the Snake served his purpose in Cardinal's history.

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
Still doesn't change the dramatic swing from being the 2nd worst team last year, who lost to us twice, to being contenders.

David Robinson meet Tim Duncan. Totally different situations. And they have their own Nkemdiche's to think about. #ReubenFoster.

Yeah, but many of us were begging for Lamar Jackson and not Josh Rosen. ;)

Meh..... He is still a one trick pony waiting to get exposed when the playoffs roll around.

The one that really stung was Houston pulling a trade to take Deshaun Watson out from under the Cards.

THIS is the one that hurts IMO. I think BA stays if we get Watson or Mahomes. Then we would have Bowles back as well.

BW52

Registered
Reaction score
David Robinson meet Tim Duncan. Totally different situations. And they have their own Nkemdiche's to think about. #ReubenFoster.

Meh..... He is still a one trick pony waiting to get exposed when the playoffs roll around.

THIS is the one that hurts IMO. I think BA stays if we get Watson or Mahomes. Then we would have Bowles back as well.

That one trick pony is 11-3 as a starting QB and did help his team get to the playoffs and nearly lead the comeback to win the playoff game.That's something KM won't even sniff until 2-3 years down the road.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson