What 2 Watch 4: DET @ ARI

CFLredzoned

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
The trenches.

Can the interior OL hold up? Will K1 have to immediately jet from the pocket from inside pressure?

If Gunter starts, that will be a huge problem.

Goldfield

Formally known as BEERZ
Reaction score
#4 - If I'm the Lion's OC, I bash away at the Cardinal's front seven with Johnson, maybe focusing on the side with T-sizzle and the rookie DE (I think they're both on the same side).

And how about the unheralded (at least on this board) Stafford vs. Murphy/Brock/Baker/Swearinger?

Scary.

Scary, scary, scary.

But thanks for the eye candy anyway OP.
I agree... I thought our D had a chance to be pretty good. Then we lose both starting cornerbacks, and have to cut probably our best Dlinmen ( Philon) before he ever plays a game.

I think they Lions move the ball on us all day.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
Yeah, after watching the pre season games and both starting CBs out, I don't have a lot of confidence in this defense. I guess I'm the point where I rather not have overly optimistic expectations and then be disappointed. It's easier to have lower expectations and then be pleasantly surprised. I think last year broke me. It was the worse in over 50 years for me. Taking the cautious approach this season.
This is exactly how I feel. I've spent too many years of my life trying to come up with excuses about why the Cardinals are going to be good, overvaluing players that wouldn't make the rosters of other teams, let alone start, and believing the system works.

It hasn't been too long since a showing on national TV like our 2nd preseason game would have legitimately ruined my week.

Tomorrow's game right now is more of a nice opportunity to spend some quality time with my dad than something I think is going to affect me, since I'm not expecting much.

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
#4 - If I'm the Lion's OC, I bash away at the Cardinal's front seven with Johnson, maybe focusing on the side with T-sizzle and the rookie DE (I think they're both on the same side).

And how about the unheralded (at least on this board) Stafford vs. Murphy/Brock/Baker/Swearinger?

Scary.

Scary, scary, scary.

But thanks for the eye candy anyway OP.
And if I’m the Cards I’d be bringing and 8 th man in the box just before the snap or at least I’d show it.

Crimson Warrior

Dangerous Murray Zealot
Reaction score
I agree... I thought our D had a chance to be pretty good. Then we lose both starting cornerbacks, and have to cut probably our best Dlinmen ( Philon) before he ever plays a game.

I think they Lions move the ball on us all day.

I kind of get the same feeling Goldfield, but we'll see. I'm hoping were underestimating our defensive guys. They were decent last year.

Crimson Warrior

Dangerous Murray Zealot
Reaction score
And if I’m the Cards I’d be bringing and 8 th man in the box just before the snap or at least I’d show it.

Sounds like you're about ready to suit up and hit somebody slanidrac16. :) Love the energy man.

I'm hoping the front seven holds up. It's not impossible that Gunter and Peters, Jones, Hicks and T-sizzle play well. Z. Allen flashed some during the preseason. We've got a chance.

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sounds like you're about ready to suit up and hit somebody slanidrac16. :) Love the energy man.

I'm hoping the front seven holds up. It's not impossible that Gunter and Peters, Jones, Hicks and T-sizzle play well. Z. Allen flashed some during the preseason. We've got a chance.
Lol! I just don’t want to see our D play passive. If we can stop the run early then we can get Stafford off his spot. But if we don’t make a concerted effort to stop the Lions ground game then our offense will have to score virtually every drive.

Garthshort

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
My concern is that Detroit won't know whether to pass or run the ball, since both will be so easy, (assuming they read this board). So we might be confusing them, before the team steps on the field.

WildBB

Yogi n da Bear
Reaction score
#1 God I hope so, or they're toast, imo. They have to be able to run and keep the D guessing, what's coming next. Let's get rolling. Looking forward to 1-0.

Garthshort

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Like just about all of you, I'm confident in Jones, but don't know if Suggs has anything left. Our CB's need a good pass rush.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson