5 white guys and Cam

Status
Not open for further replies.

devilalum

Heavily Redacted
Reaction score
I loath Trump but lets leave this stuff for the P&R forum.

I agree except that sometimes politics and sports cross over. We've hashed this out before.

People don't like to talk about race but NOT talking about it hasn't helped us to move forward either. Race relations in America are not so great.

When you create a thread called "5 white guys and a Cam" you stepped in it.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
See both entrenched. So what’s the point of saying anything. As I’ve asked several times leave it out ..... basketball PS I also worked for the DNC for four years. Even the DNC internally knows that the they have a racist problem that’s why they have a whole department to spin it.

You obviously can’t read. I have been Republican more of my life than an “I”. I have a bipartisan voting record. That is the opposite of entrenched. Most of my family and friends is till (R). A friend runs a conservative political consulting firm. I am very familiar with both sides of the spectrum. I don’t use words like all when describing a side. I was commenting on a very specific thing you said which is b.s.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
So, how about the Suns making all these additions of players who can play basketball!?

Back to basketball. I thinks it’s obvious the Suns were shooting for quantity and not that concerned with quality.

If you want to transform your club you get as many new bodies in here throw a bunch of noodles against the wall and hope something sticks.

It’s a strategy alright.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I guess this thread was doomed from the thread title anyway.

OP
OP
Ouchie-Z-Clown

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
So, how about the Suns making all these additions of players who can play basketball!?
I think we can say that about saric and Rubio. We can say that Baynes and kaminsky can do so in limited minutes. And that’s about it.

Johninromania

Veteran
Reaction score
You obviously can’t read. I have been Republican more of my life than an “I”. I have a bipartisan voting record. That is the opposite of entrenched. Most of my family and friends is till (R). A friend runs a conservative political consulting firm. I am very familiar with both sides of the spectrum. I don’t use words like all when describing a side. I was commenting on a very specific thing you said which is b.s.
What?

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think we can say that about saric and Rubio. We can say that Baynes and kaminsky can do so in limited minutes. And that’s about it.

I am really struggling with my thoughts on how many wins this could translate to. I am not feeling that confident this translates into a bunch more. Ten to twelve games improvement? That's also assuming that our rookies can do anything and take the natural rookie time to develop. Rubio is my favorite acquisition this off season but I have no clue.

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
Not sure how un-athletic this team is. I mean, this isn't a group of bums from the YMCA we're throwing out on the floor.

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
I am really struggling with my thoughts on how many wins this could translate to. I am not feeling that confident this translates into a bunch more. Ten to twelve games improvement? That's also assuming that our rookies can do anything and take the natural rookie time to develop. Rubio is my favorite acquisition this off season but I have no clue.
The issue is that you are trying to assume win total looking at only the talent on paper, but winning is about a lot more things than just talent. As bad as the Suns were built last year I still believe that they under performed their talent level because they didn't have enough basketball IQ and leadership.

This year they appear to be more talented, but also appear to be a much smarter roster with quite a bit more playoff experience and leadership. Couple that with what seems like what will be much better coaching and a big jump could certainly be possible.

I go back to the 2013/14 Suns as an example of a team that is better than the sum of it's parts (at least on paper). Did you honestly believe when you looked at that roster back then that they would win 48 games? I know I wasn't expecting that, but it happened because they fit well together and had very good chemistry.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
This thread was mildly racist to start. The old if you pick white guys, your team will suck in basketball. White guys, and this team is the most unathletic. Hmmm. White guys picked, and oh James Jones was going for basketball IQ guys. Hmmm. This whole thread has been mildly problematic.

Arguably European style basketball is having a big influence on the NBA. Most of those players are white. Aside from that, some modern day players are All Stars despite being white I guess. We all know that African American players have helped American Basketball be the best basketball in the world. However, I would argue this is more cultural than race, since other countries have African heritage populations but do not field good basketball teams.

This was bound to devolve into politics. We all see life based on our experiences and upbringings. I have been around people that can stand side by side and see the same exact event, and then interpret it conservatively by one, and liberally by the other, almost 180 degree interpretations. We ALL have biases when we observe events. It just is. Knowing that, try and have some empathy with others and don't attack. Try and show your viewpoint and if you influence someone, great, but don't expect it. I try and have an open mind. I have had people both conservative and liberal change my mind on certain viewpoints over the years because I was willing to listen. At a minimum it makes you think, and I believe that helps keep your brain healthy.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
"Added much needed athleticism" [to the pre-Barkley teams] "but even that finals team wasn't very athletic."

Are you up to speed now?

Now, that your FULL QUOTE is fixed above, AGAIN, are YOU up to speed on your own argument?

I mean... is there a reason you quoted yourself... and just happened to have to LEFT OUT THE END OF YOUR OWN QUOTE WHICH WAS FIXED ABOVE?

My lord... the inability of some people to admit they're wrong, going so far to distort THEIR OWN WORDS just makes me laugh sometimes.

The Finals team with KJ, Majerle, Barkley, Dumas, Ceballos, West and Oliver Miller being deemed not very athletic is indefensible, even when you leave out your own words.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Nothing good comes from Frank Kaminsky.

If the Suns are basing their future on Kaminsky, then no. He should be a solid role player though.

There are players I liked better such as Faried and Trey Lyles.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson