5 white guys and Cam

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
that’s the name of our offseason.

Interestingly enough, individually I understand and like each addition. But in the aggregate we’ve added 5 white guys and the least athletic black guy in the draft.

PG Rubio - like him as a pass first, defensive pg. brings stability.

SG/PG Jerome - good shooter, good length. Poor athlete.

SF Cam Johnson - great shooter, slight build, awful athlete.

PF saric - good size, good enough shooter, heady basketball player. Underwhelming athlete.

C Kaminsky - tall, underwhelming for a “shooter” not a great athlete

C Baynes - tough guy, good vet

See I like each of them. But at the end of the day, who projected us to add 5 white dudes and an unathletic black dude this offseason? I know people don’t like bringing race in the discussion, but in today’s nba let’s face reality, how many good mba teams have 6 white guys on their roster? We do.

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I am certain it is a coincidence but it is funny in how unusual it is in today's NBA

Folster

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
We're going full Utah! We need to take their alternate unis too.

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Take race out of the equation. Especially factoring in Booker, Bridges and Tyler Johnson as well, this Suns squad might be the least athletic team in the NBA in the last 50 years.

OP
OP
Ouchie-Z-Clown

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
I am certain it is a coincidence but it is funny in how unusual it is in today's NBA
Yeah it just occurred to me yesterday and then this today. It wasn’t like I was like “oh no we traded for a white saric!” Or “ah, we drafted a white Jerome!” It was more looking at everything we did in the offseason and voila - there’s kind of an obvious pattern here that you don’t see every day.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Take race out of the equation. Especially factoring in Booker, Bridges and Tyler Johnson as well, this Suns squad might be the least athletic team in the NBA in the last 50 years.

Nothing like a little wild exaggeration... Heck, we might as well have em us a wicker basket!

OP
OP
Ouchie-Z-Clown

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Nothing like a little wild exaggeration... Heck, we might as well have em us a wicker basket!
I assume you’re responding to someone I have on ignore otherwise I have no idea what the over-exaggeration is.

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Oy, Ayton, jJ, and Oubre alone help us avoid that. Those are terrific athletes.

JJ is about to be cut or traded. Oubre hasn't re-signed yet, and he isn't supremely athletic. That leaves Ayton. Just Ayton.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Can you name one NBA team over the last 50 years with fewer elite athletes?
You're the one who made the claim, why does Phrazbit have to be the one to prove you're wrong? You should be the one trying to prove you are right. Otherwise what you're saying is just noise. So have fun going over 1500 rosters.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
Last team I saw with this white guy look was the 1980's Boston Celtics. Seemed to work for them. Is Booker the new Larry Bird?

They had an African American center too.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
We hired a black GM and a black coach, and they added 5 white players and 1 black player in one off-season.

I guess it at least proves they have no personal prejudices. This team is breaking stereotypes all the way around. All we need now is a black owner.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
We hired a black GM and a black coach, and they added 5 white players and 1 black player in one off-season.

I guess it at least proves they have no personal prejudices. This team is breaking stereotypes all the way around. All we need now is a black owner.
I would have taken a billionaire Chinese owner! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.