Who will win Offensive Rookie of the year?

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

https://www.si.com/nfl/2019/04/30/o...rites-kyler-murray-dwayne-haskins-josh-jacobs

ODDS-ON FAVORITES
Kyler Murray, QB, Arizona Cardinals

Before the running back boon of 2013-2017, this award was dangerously close to becoming a prize for the best rookie QB anyway. Murray will get the most snaps out of any rookie QB in this class, and, by extension, will be in an offense geared specifically toward his dual abilities as a thrower and passer.

SURPRISE CANDIDATES
Andy Isabella, WR, Cardinals

We have no idea what could happen in Kliff Kingsbury’s offense, but we do know that very specific players were wrangled in to create his pro-style Texas Tech offense. Isabella told me during the draft that he is a Wes Welker disciple, and putting up those kinds of numbers would certainly raise some eyebrows.

https://www.sportingnews.com/us/nfl...ar-candidates-odds/1obkpdsh9eazm1qrzypo3m2wir

2. Kyler Murray, QB, Cardinals (+250)
Murray has a pretty high bar set by what Prescott, Robert Griffin III and Cam Newton did in recent OROY campaigns, but he has something neither Baker Mayfeild nor Lamar Jackson had had in 2018 - an immediate starting job.

Murray's individual key will be posting efficient passing numbers, including more than 20 TDs, to go along with pleasing rushing stats. The Cardinals also need to improve by 3-5 games for Murray to take what's more of a rookie MVP when it comes to QBs.

https://www.revengeofthebirds.com/2...-best-odds-to-win-2019-nfl-rookie-of-the-year

It is early, but the Arizona Cardinals have the favorite.

According to SportsBetting.ag the Arizona Cardinals new rookie quarterback Kyler Murray is the favorite to win the 2019 NFL Offensive Rookie of the Year award.

Offensive Rookie of the Year

Kyler Murray 5/2 (+250)

Dwayne Haskins 7/1 (+700)

Josh Jacobs 9/1 (+900)

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
Mobile QBs who played as rookies:

Dak Prescott: 13-3, 30 total TDs, 4 INTs
Deshaun Watson: 3-3, 21 total TDs, 8 INTs
Cam Newton: 6-10, 35 total TDs, 17 INTs

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well, it will unlikely be Q williams. I do not believe Bosa will be a huge splash. Most of the top tier rookies were Dlineman it felt like. Murray might be the biggest name skill position player so if he performs well, he has a shot. We'll see. I need to see him play an NFL defense before I can really judge his chances.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well, it will unlikely be Q williams. I do not believe Bosa will be a huge splash. Most of the top tier rookies were Dlineman it felt like. Murray might be the biggest name skill position player so if he performs well, he has a shot. We'll see. I need to see him play an NFL defense before I can really judge his chances.

It will be one of the LBers Bush or White if your talking defense.

OP
OP
MadCardDisease

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap30...lance-zierleins-three-favorite-picks-by-round

Not OROTY but the Cardinals had two favorites from Zierleins list:

Round 1

Kyler Murray, QB, Oklahoma
Drafted: First overall pick, Arizona Cardinals
This is one of my favorite picks, because the fit is so perfect in so many ways. Murray steps into an offense that he will already have a feel for and that allows him to play to his strengths as a passer. He also offers the ability to help his shoddy pass protection with rare scrambling and play-extending talent, which Josh Rosen didn't possess.

Round 6

KeeSean Johnson, WR, Fresno State
Drafted:
174th overall pick, Arizona Cardinals
I know that Arizona believes Johnson was one of the better route-runners in this draft, and I was particularly impressed with how smooth he was in his movements when I studied his tape. He's not fast for his position, and he didn't test like an explosive receiver, which is why he was available in the sixth round. However, he wins contested catches and plays with the desired combination of smoothness and suddenness. It was amazing how often Johnson's name came up when speaking with former NFL receivers about this year's draft.

Lagerfilled

Professional Tailgater
Reaction score
Calling my shot: DK Metcalf

Ummm.... ok! I know there have been some rule changes, but last I checked the NFL isn’t a runway track meet. It requires players to move laterally, which DK hasn’t demonstrated much less catching TDs. I’ll believe it when I see it.

LoyaltyisaCurse

IF AND WHEN HEALTHY...
Reaction score
Ummm.... ok! I know there have been some rule changes, but last I checked the NFL isn’t a runway track meet. It requires players to move laterally, which DK hasn’t demonstrated much less catching TDs. I’ll believe it when I see it.

Why Seahawks' DK Metcalf is a better route runner than you think

Metcalf also worked this offseason with longtime receivers coach Jerry Sullivan, about whom Larry Fitzgerald once said, “He’s forgotten more football than most people have ever seen.” An excited Pete Carroll said after Metcalf’s first day of rookie minicamp on Friday that the work showed up on the field.

“Well, it’s almost like, what doesn’t, you know?” Carroll said when I asked him what excites him about Metcalf’s potential. “I mean, he’s big and he’s fast. He’s got really good feet, you know, and his catching range was exhibited today. And you know, we’ve got to figure it out, figure out where it is, maybe even more unique than we thought coming in. So, we just develop it as we go. But big and really fast and the catching range was really obvious today.”

https://touchdownwire.usatoday.com/...-is-a-better-route-runner-than-you-think/amp/

LoyaltyisaCurse

IF AND WHEN HEALTHY...
Reaction score
He started well yesterday. Really wish cards took him over AI.

Zeno

Ancient
Reaction score
Marquise Brown (4-147 yds 2 TDs--most by rookie WR in debut in 16 years), TJ Hockenson (6-131 TD), Kyler all had good games yesterday.

Reactions: HGC

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
Marquise Brown (4-147 yds 2 TDs--most by rookie WR in debut in 16 years), TJ Hockenson (6-131 TD), Kyler all had good games yesterday.
There are a couple of things that make a repeat of those numbers a little questionable. One he was playing what appears to be easily the worst team in the league and 2 I am not certain that LJ will be a consistent enough thrower all year in order to consistently get the ball to Brown for big plays.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson