Kyler Murray No-Shows at Draft Charity Event

dscher

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
He's not "our player" yet, but if we draft Kyler, I'm pretty much, where we stand right now, sitting with a very sour taste in my mouth about everything that went down in the past few months, from discussions on the board, to the talking heads out there who have the guy going #1 despite being way down their draft boards.

I hope my mind changes if he puts on that hat or jersey, and something else changes, but I'm going to be honest, I'm almost rooting for him to flop. Mainly, so we can move on from him as fast as possible and shut down the narrative of the Cardinals never taking risks. Teach MB to build this team from the ground up, for continued success.

My worst F'ing nightmare is watching the guy halfway flounder into year 5 like Jameis Winston and Marcus Mariota, where we're going to have to probably accept cutting ties with him, or paying him crazy coin to have us slightly contend for a wild card.
This kinda sheeite is just sad. Imo. I understand your confliction and all... But damn. Are you a fan to prove a point, or to root on your team for the decisions they deem will make them better? I'm sure they would be doing this to tank the organization and all.. Goodness. Sorry man.. I know you try flipping both sides on supporting vs not supporting..but this just shows your hate pretty blatantly. Imo.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
They also have the potential to look like geniuses.
Potential isn't enough for a hail mary like this.

Honestly, this feels so much like a Cardinals move. Get the first pick, try to desperately reach for someone, get laughed at for years.

Teams that look like geniuses are the Seahawks taking a risk in the third round. Or Tyrann Mathieu. Or David Johnson. Not the team that takes the #2 QB/7th best player at #1 because they hired a college coach that got fired and proceeds to ignore all of the measurables/red flags because of flashy plays.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
This kinda sheeite is just sad. Imo. I understand your confliction and all... But damn. Are you a fan to prove a point, or to root on your team for the decisions they deem will make them better? I'm sure they would be doing this to tank the organization and all.. Goodness. Sorry man.. I know you try flipping both sides on supporting vs not supporting..but this just shows your hate pretty blatantly. Imo.
I really don't want Murray. I'm going to be in meltdown mode if we take him. But, I don't hate him in the sense that I think he's a bad person.

I have been a fan since I was two years old. This team means way more to me than anything in sports should. I can acknowledge that.

But yeah, my hate has been mounting in recent days as everyone laughs at me about how *my* team is going to blow it in selecting him. It's like we're a big joke.

This stands out to me as the worst possible decision the Cardinals can possibly make in my 32 consecutive years of living.

LoyaltyisaCurse

IF AND WHEN HEALTHY...
Reaction score
Potential isn't enough for a hail mary like this.

Honestly, this feels so much like a Cardinals move. Get the first pick, try to desperately reach for someone, get laughed at for years.

Teams that look like geniuses are the Seahawks taking a risk in the third round. Or Tyrann Mathieu. Or David Johnson. Not the team that takes the #2 QB/7th best player at #1 because they hired a college coach that got fired and proceeds to ignore all of the measurables/red flags because of flashy plays.
Keim is the reach King..I have zero faith in himx.

AZ Native

Living is Easy with Eyes Closed
Reaction score
Weird that he’s the only invitee who didn’t show. Even if it’s justified the perception is terrible.
He could not attend the charity event he said he would but he dis show up with his crew, on a private jet.

dscher

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I really don't want Murray. I'm going to be in meltdown mode if we take him. But, I don't hate him in the sense that I think he's a bad person.

I have been a fan since I was two years old. This team means way more to me than anything in sports should. I can acknowledge that.

But yeah, my hate has been mounting in recent days as everyone laughs at me about how *my* team is going to blow it in selecting him. It's like we're a big joke.

This stands out to me as the worst possible decision the Cardinals can possibly make in my 32 consecutive years of living.
I get it man.. thanks for taking the time to explain. Takes a big man to admit what's irking him. Hang in there..nothing is a done deal....and as Bob Marley says, everything little thing is gonna be alright. :)

dscher

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
His "big quote" was just before playing Murray. All coaches say that $hit to give the other team respect. Seen it a million times.
You apparently are not well versed in the relationship these two have now and in the past..

AZ Native

Reaction score
You apparently are not well versed in the relationship these two have now and in the past..
Yes, I am, thank you very much. But that is what coaches say before facing an opponent. I've seen it for over 60 years, young buck.

dscher

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Yes, I am, thank you very much. But that is what coaches say before facing an opponent.
Sooo.. knowing the kid since his sophomore year in high school and recruiting him heavily is just coach speak? Along with the personal relationship he has had with him and his family over the past 8 years? It's very obvious he thinks extremely highly of him.. thats not even my opinion. It's fact. Lol .

AZ Native

Reaction score
So says you. You don't know crap, it is all your opinion. Shorty will fall way back in the draft.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score

coming from the guy who wanted the team to sign KIRK COUSINS' FOR YEARS THAT WOULD HAVE DESTROYED OUR CAP, maybe, you slow your roll a little here? Just a little?

The idea that you would actually root against him is amongst the most ludicrous things I've ever read in 16 years on the board. That makes just NO SENSE.

dscher

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
So says you. You don't know crap, it is all your opinion. Shorty will fall way back in the draft.
If there was ever a more troll like response... Haha. I haven't had much back and forth with ya so far.. but this seems like the start to something swell.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
coming from the guy who wanted the team to sign KIRK COUSINS' FOR YEARS THAT WOULD HAVE DESTROYED OUR CAP, maybe, you slow your roll a little here? Just a little?

The idea that you would actually root against him is amongst the most ludicrous things I've ever read in 16 years on the board. That makes just NO SENSE.
I'll admit being wrong there - I had no idea how bad this team was really about to be. Thanks for holding me to it, though.

I bet I'll soften on the stance about rooting against him if it actually happens. I never thought I'd feel this disillusioned about a potential pick though. Everything screams in my mind that he's just going to be awful. There's not a single intangible we've been presented that I like when it comes to the leader of our football team. Sincerely, I wish he'd just buzz off to baseball.

AZ Native

Reaction score
Haha, Great response, for a 10 year old. I've seen alligators with longer limbs that Murray. One hit by an NFL player and he is playing baseball for the A's. BTW, he is very good at baseball and it is much safer for his little bitty bod. I see he was the only one of the 22 guys to miss the charity event today. But he did fly his crew in on a private jet. If that doesn't sound alarms for you, then I don't know what to tell you.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'll admit being wrong there - I had no idea how bad this team was really about to be. Thanks for holding me to it, though.

I bet I'll soften on the stance about rooting against him if it actually happens. I never thought I'd feel this disillusioned about a potential pick though. Everything screams in my mind that he's just going to be awful. There's not a single intangible we've been presented that I like when it comes to the leader of our football team. Sincerely, I wish he'd just buzz off to baseball.

trust me... I have ABSOLUTELY ZERO CLUE what is going to happen tomorrow... or if it will be th right move... no matter WHAT WE DO.

I just know no matter what idiocy this team pulls off, I'll be there opening day, wearing some jersey of a guy who either will immediately get injured or cut the next season, ready to root my red birds on, just like the stupid ass moron I... and ALL OF US always are!

BRING ON THE ISH-SHOW TOMORROW!!!!

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson