Cardinal Prospect Meetings

Dante

All Star
Reaction score

JeffGollin

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Great point on Boykin. He wasn't running by anyone but he seems to have great hands and reminds me of Boldin. Not sure how he fits into KK's offense.

On the opposite end of the spectrum you have Issac Nauta. He looked much more athletic/fast on tape but HORRIBLE combine results.

Again, not sure how a combination TE fits into KK's offense. Pure pass catching mid round TE - Caleb Wilson. I am sure Rosen would like that too. :)
Boykin is a great example of how a WR with a certain profile can be rated highly by a team who doesn't have a WR with that profile - & how that same WR can be rated lower by a team with an overabundance of those types of guys.

abcard

Veteran
Reaction score
Bringing Daniel Jones in seems to be a waste of time unless Cards believe they may be trading down. I could see them drafting him with a late 1st or early 2nd round pick. I believe if they don't trade down they wouldn't use their 2nd round pick to draft him. It seems it might send a message to teams that might be interested in Murray that we're not drafting him.

BW52

Registered
Reaction score
That was my football bible back in the days.
Oh yeah.Of course there weren`t a lot of other choices besides the local newspaper which might have a article or two if some area players could be drafted.

AZCrazy

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Bound together web pages, like an actual object? Weird.

cardpa

Have a Nice Day!
Reaction score
Oh yeah.Of course there weren`t a lot of other choices besides the local newspaper which might have a article or two if some area players could be drafted.

In Northeastern Pa the coverage was either the Eagles or the Nittany Lions. No other teams existed as far as the papers were concerned. Getting the Sporting News every Thursday in the mail was a big deal.

Timm Rosenbach

Bye Bye DJ
Reaction score
In Northeastern Pa the coverage was either the Eagles or the Nittany Lions. No other teams existed as far as the papers were concerned. Getting the Sporting News every Thursday in the mail was a big deal.

I remember when my uncle used to buy me the Blue Chip Basketball recruiting magazine each year. It cost $50. I need to thank him

Timm Rosenbach

Bye Bye DJ
Reaction score

I have a friend who lives in Scranton/Jessup. They still don’t know that college football exists outside of Penn State

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Great point on Boykin. He wasn't running by anyone but he seems to have great hands and reminds me of Boldin. Not sure how he fits into KK's offense.

On the opposite end of the spectrum you have Issac Nauta. He looked much more athletic/fast on tape but HORRIBLE combine results.

Again, not sure how a combination TE fits into KK's offense. Pure pass catching mid round TE - Caleb Wilson. I am sure Rosen would like that too. :)

Boldin was a dog even at FSU. I dont see a ton of dog in Boykin.

Fans always seem to fall in love with big receivers, but most of those guys fail. Look at how they move laterally more than anything else and then you start to see the real prospects.

BW52

Registered
Reaction score

When i was a kid the main games on TV here in Kentucky where the Cleveland Browns for the NFL and the old AFL games.Only time got to see the Cards was when they played the Browns on TV.Sometimes could pickup the games on radio.Local papers covered University of Kentucky and University of Louisville.During the early to Mid 60`s The Cards and Browns both had players from both schools so there would be a article on two more about the game.

JeffGollin

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Street & Smith originally wasn't a draft mag - it was mainly a college football preview publication.

From a draft standpoint, my key sources were The Jerry Jones Drugstore List*, Kiper, The late Joel Buchsbaum, PFW, Palmer Hughes and a pile of photocopied league-related pages distributed by David Te Thomas.

Nowawdays, my local pizza place is likely to have published a mock draft

BW52

Registered
Reaction score
Street & Smith originally wasn't a draft mag - it was mainly a college football preview publication.

From a draft standpoint, my key sources were The Jerry Jones Drugstore List*, Kiper, The late Joel Buchsbaum, PFW, Palmer Hughes and a pile of photocopied league-related pages distributed by David Te Thomas.

Nowawdays, my local pizza place is likely to have published a mock draft

loved listening to Joel Buschbaum.That guy knew info about nearly every college player who had any chance of even being in a NFL camp.;z very rarely heard him stumped when someone asked about a player.Shame he died so young.I remember Dave Te Thomas,PFW,Drugstore list,Kiper.I recently decided to subscribe to OURLADS .I subscribed for a few years about 10 years ago but stopped.Decided to check them out again.Now there is so much INFO floating on the internet you can easily find draft info FWIW.i decided to try OURLADS again to see what a actual former NFL scout says concerning prospects.

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Sorry.Some of us old guys got to comparing old memories.:shrug:
all is fine, i see murray has been invited to meet the cardinals brass at team headquarter , plus combine interview and private workout, he may have a chance to be our pick

JeffGollin

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
loved listening to Joel Buschbaum.That guy knew info about nearly every college player who had any chance of even being in a NFL camp.;z very rarely heard him stumped when someone asked about a player.Shame he died so young.I remember Dave Te Thomas,PFW,Drugstore list,Kiper.I recently decided to subscribe to OURLADS .I subscribed for a few years about 10 years ago but stopped.Decided to check them out again.Now there is so much INFO floating on the internet you can easily find draft info FWIW.i decided to try OURLADS again to see what a actual former NFL scout says concerning prospects.
I forgot about Ourlads ( the Heplers out of southern NJ). I used to attend their annual fans mock draft and ran a draft contest with them for a Trenton daily. Their mocks were based on what they felt a team SHOULD do (vs. what they felt the team WOULD do).

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson