Cardinal Prospect Meetings

Zeno

Ancient
Reaction score
I thought this deserved its own thread. The list isn't anywhere near complete, we know for sure DK Metcalf was interviewed at the Combine (we saw that on Cardinals Flight Plan) and we know that Murray had a private workout (or on campus meeting). It's the guys projected outside the first 2 rounds I am most interested in, gives an idea of what hey may have in mind.

SR - Senior Bowl meeting.
EW - East-West Shrine meeting.
COM - Combine meeting.
INT - Interested.
VINT - Very Interested.
PRO - Pro Day or campus meeting/workout.
LOC - Local visit. Prospect making a local visit.
PRI - Private visit. Prospect making an official 30 visit.
WOR - Private Workout. Members of an organization working out a player in private.
STM - Some Type of Meeting.
% - indicates more than one meeting at an event.
^ - has met with team at more than one event.
# - indicates meeting set up outside of the 2019 Senior Bowl or the 2019 East-West Shrine Game

Read more: http://walterfootball.com/prospectmeetings/byteam#ixzz5ik8BhqyC

• Corey Ballentine, CB, Washburn (SR)
  • Nick Bosa, DE/3-4OLB, Ohio State (COM)
  • Kris Boyd, CB, Texas (SR)
  • Miles Boykin, WR, Notre Dame (WOR)
  • Jordan Brailford, DE, Oklahoma State (EW)
  • Blake Cashman, ILB, Minnesota (COM)
  • C.J. Conrad, TE, Kentucky (EW)
  • Dennis Daley, OT, South Carolina (SR)
  • Lamont Gaillard, G, Georgia (EW)
  • Gerri Green, OLB, Mississippi State (SR)
  • Tim Harris, CB, Virginia (EW)
  • Jalen Jelks, DE/3-4OLB/OLB, Oregon (SR)
  • KeeSean Johnson, WR, Fresno State (WOR)
  • Tyree St. Louis, OT, Miami (EW)
  • Daylon Mack, DT/NT, Texas A&M (EW)
  • Erik McCoy, G/C, Texas A&M (PRI)
  • Kyler Murray^, QB, Oklahoma (COM, PRO)
  • Anthony Nelson, DE/3-4DE, Iowa (SR)
  • Bobby Okereke, ILB, Stanford (SR)
  • Dax Raymond, TE, Utah State (SR)
  • Devin Singletary, RB, Florida Atlantic (PRI)
  • Jace Sternberger, TE, Texas A&M (WOR)
  • Quinnen Williams, DT/3-4DE, Alabama (COM)

Ohcrap75

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
CB Ballentine is my top sleeper for DB's

Dax and Okereke would be nice later round picks that have tools to develop

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Someone last year, maybe the year before, posted some kind of breakdown on who the Cardinals draft, who they go to interview, who they bring in for a visit... To make a long story short it turns out we are about 50/50. Half the guys we draft aren't on our radar in terms of interviews and such. So yes, if this year holds to form, guys on that list will get picked. But, there are several not named there who we will also pick.

I will search for the thread some time.

TheCardFan

Things have changed.
Reaction score
  • Kris Boyd, CB, Texas (SR) - The next Desmond King. Dude is totally underrated.
  • Miles Boykin, WR, Notre Dame (WOR) - Watch this guy play...he reminds you of a bigger Q. He doesn't look as fast on tape as his 40 but dude can play. I am not saying he will be as good a Q.

OP
OP
Zeno

Zeno

Ancient
Reaction score
Someone last year, maybe the year before, posted some kind of breakdown on who the Cardinals draft, who they go to interview, who they bring in for a visit... To make a long story short it turns out we are about 50/50. Half the guys we draft aren't on our radar in terms of interviews and such. So yes, if this year holds to form, guys on that list will get picked. But, there are several not named there who we will also pick.

I will search for the thread some time.

There was a time when none of the Cardinal first round picks ever visited the facility (guess trying to throw others off). I think that has changed in recent years under Keim though.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
  • Kris Boyd, CB, Texas (SR) - The next Desmond King. Dude is totally underrated.
  • Miles Boykin, WR, Notre Dame (WOR) - Watch this guy play...he reminds you of a bigger Q. He doesn't look as fast on tape as his 40 but dude can play. I am not saying he will be as good a Q.

Kris Boyd has very tight hips from what scouts are saying. He should be a safety conversion because he is tough.

Boykin definitely didnt show his combine stats on tape. He doesn't look fluid and doesn't look natural catching the football.

Both seem to be day three prospects, but you never know.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Kris Boyd is....awful. Very disrespectful to King who should have been at least a 2nd rounder.

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score

But this UT-ex here says Boyd is not a good tackler and needs to be more physical if he wants to be a pro and if he did not accomplish that in college... what makes one think he will change with better competition because it still seems a lot of UT players are soft and I do not think Boyd will be good in press coverage

Syracusecards

DA's pass went that way
Reaction score
I thought this deserved its own thread. The list isn't anywhere near complete, we know for sure DK Metcalf was interviewed at the Combine (we saw that on Cardinals Flight Plan) and we know that Murray had a private workout (or on campus meeting). It's the guys projected outside the first 2 rounds I am most interested in, gives an idea of what hey may have in mind.

SR - Senior Bowl meeting.
EW - East-West Shrine meeting.
COM - Combine meeting.
INT - Interested.
VINT - Very Interested.
PRO - Pro Day or campus meeting/workout.
LOC - Local visit. Prospect making a local visit.
PRI - Private visit. Prospect making an official 30 visit.
WOR - Private Workout. Members of an organization working out a player in private.
STM - Some Type of Meeting.
% - indicates more than one meeting at an event.
^ - has met with team at more than one event.
# - indicates meeting set up outside of the 2019 Senior Bowl or the 2019 East-West Shrine Game

Read more: http://walterfootball.com/prospectmeetings/byteam#ixzz5ik8BhqyC

• Corey Ballentine, CB, Washburn (SR)
  • Nick Bosa, DE/3-4OLB, Ohio State (COM)
  • Kris Boyd, CB, Texas (SR)
  • Miles Boykin, WR, Notre Dame (WOR)
  • Jordan Brailford, DE, Oklahoma State (EW)
  • Blake Cashman, ILB, Minnesota (COM)
  • C.J. Conrad, TE, Kentucky (EW)
  • Dennis Daley, OT, South Carolina (SR)
  • Lamont Gaillard, G, Georgia (EW)
  • Gerri Green, OLB, Mississippi State (SR)
  • Tim Harris, CB, Virginia (EW)
  • Jalen Jelks, DE/3-4OLB/OLB, Oregon (SR)
  • KeeSean Johnson, WR, Fresno State (WOR)
  • Tyree St. Louis, OT, Miami (EW)
  • Daylon Mack, DT/NT, Texas A&M (EW)
  • Erik McCoy, G/C, Texas A&M (PRI)
  • Kyler Murray^, QB, Oklahoma (COM, PRO)
  • Anthony Nelson, DE/3-4DE, Iowa (SR)
  • Bobby Okereke, ILB, Stanford (SR)
  • Dax Raymond, TE, Utah State (SR)
  • Devin Singletary, RB, Florida Atlantic (PRI)
  • Jace Sternberger, TE, Texas A&M (WOR)
  • Quinnen Williams, DT/3-4DE, Alabama (COM)
thanks! good info!

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Big fan of Boykin in round 4

I'd go later honestly. He doesn't reach out and extend for the catch and looks like he runs a 4.6 on tape.

Another guy I dont like much is Arcega-Whiteside.

When I watch tape, I always ask myself, could I see this guy being successful against NFL players.

The answer is no for Boykin. Its surprising that he was probably the top athlete at the combine because he didnt play like it.

az jam

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Good stufff Zeno. Doesn't mean they will draft these guys but does show their interests. They do have 10 picks with 5 in rounds 6 & 7 so some of the players that are not the big names will be under strong consideration. The list certainly shows they area "addressing" their needs.

OP
OP
Zeno

Zeno

Ancient
Reaction score
ASU DT Wren is visiting with the Cardinals on April 1st. He is an intriguing prospect, very athletic for his size.

TheCardFan

Things have changed.
Reaction score
I'd go later honestly. He doesn't reach out and extend for the catch and looks like he runs a 4.6 on tape.

The answer is no for Boykin. Its surprising that he was probably the top athlete at the combine because he didnt play like it.

Great point on Boykin. He wasn't running by anyone but he seems to have great hands and reminds me of Boldin. Not sure how he fits into KK's offense.

On the opposite end of the spectrum you have Issac Nauta. He looked much more athletic/fast on tape but HORRIBLE combine results.

Again, not sure how a combination TE fits into KK's offense. Pure pass catching mid round TE - Caleb Wilson. I am sure Rosen would like that too. :)

JeffGollin

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
There was a time when none of the Cardinal first round picks ever visited the facility (guess trying to throw others off). I think that has changed in recent years under Keim though.
The ongoing joke was that the Bidwills relied heavily on Street & Smith* for their scouting info.

*Street & Smith was a much-read football magazine back in the day.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joseph Garrison