Charley Casserly: Interesting comments regarding Bosa and Murray.

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
IF you think Clowney's hype was built on one hit, you clearly didn't follow his college career.

He was a 5 star recruit and was incredible in high school AND college, before he coasted his senior season when it was apparent he was the best defender in college football.

He's a very good player now still. I'd take him on the Cardinals.
Guilty as charged. I don’t get to watch much college football. I do remember that hit being shown over and over and if I remember correctly his career statered out a little shaky and him being injured a bit. I would argue he had not quite lived up to his billing although his story is still incomplete.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
I have no issue with the Cardinals doing their due diligence on Kyler Murray. They absolutely should, with both him and Haskins. But I don't personally view either of those players as an upgrade to Rosen. I'm still all-in on the Bosa choice unless something major happens at the Combine.

TheCardFan

Things have changed.
Reaction score
IF you think Clowney's hype was built on one hit, you clearly didn't follow his college career.

He was a 5 star recruit and was incredible in high school AND college, before he coasted his senior season when it was apparent he was the best defender in college football.

He's a very good player now still. I'd take him on the Cardinals.

Would you want him on the team at the cost of 17-18m/year?

For me, its a no. He is really solid vs the run but not an elite pass rusher IMO.

az jam

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
This is such a sweet topic.

This has all the making to get the Cardinals back to those post 1998 glory years.

Trade Rosen to watch him take the experience gained in his first year and have it benefit another team.

Sign a QB to run a hype driven offensive system that teams get tape on and learn to shut down.

Have Chandler Jones get hurt, Golden walks in free agency and Brooks Reed becomes our best pass rusher.

Watch those 3-13 seasons stack up.

Yes, these are all baseless, conjured up situations, that I made up on my own........but if the suggestion to draft Murry over Bosa keeps coming up, I have every right to throw my madness onto the pile.

You are being too reasonable. :D

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Bruh we are not drafting Kyler Murray.

More Nick Bosa vs Quinnen Williams & less Nick Bosa vs Quinnen Williams vs Kyler Murray.

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Me thinks you are saying this because you are a Kyler Murray fan boy.

Not very convincing of an argument, considering that Kingsbury has changed his offense to fit his personnel. He's not Mike Leach.
This writer has not done his homework. KK has said repeatedly said he shapes his offense to fit his strengths and there is nothing to say he can’t make his offense work with Rosen.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Murray is also 5’8 with tiny and I mean tiny hands.

The kiper/mcshay podcast said there’s never been anyone like him. No one has ever succeeded with his size. It just doesn’t happen

Hoodhero

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
This writer has not done his homework. KK has said repeatedly said he shapes his offense to fit his strengths and there is nothing to say he can’t make his offense work with Rosen.
Exactly. KK was just asked about what QB fits system on his podcast yesterday & brought up adaptability yet again.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score

The kiper/mcshay podcast said there’s never been anyone like him. No one has ever succeeded with his size. It just doesn’t happen

His hands are the only thing physically that gives me some real pause. He will probably fumble a lot and be unable to pump fake. He has Max Hall paws.

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
I was curious about that myself. Do you guys agree with that? That he's a better prospect than Clowney coming out of college? (Taking injuries out of the equation.)
Didn't Clowney have issues with taking plays off and work ethic?

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I was curious about that myself. Do you guys agree with that? That he's a better prospect than Clowney coming out of college? (Taking injuries out of the equation.)

He might be a better player, prospect is hard to say. Prospect implies potential which gets to athletic ability and I think Clowney is a better athlete. But Bosa is better coached, has a better motor, and the more you read about him the more you see people talk about his ability to "bend" around the corner which is so important as an edge pass rusher. it's like the kid in basketball who gets his shoulder just slightly past you and is gone around the corner to the rim, it's something that you either have or you don't IMO and it sure seems like Bosa has it, He gets that shoulder by the OL and then he "bends" in and goes right to the QB and he either gets there or they have to hold him, or both.

I don't see him being as good as Myles Garrett but I saw Garrett play more in college so that might be why.

Red Bird

Veteran
Reaction score
This is such a sweet topic.

This has all the making to get the Cardinals back to those post 1998 glory years.

Trade Rosen to watch him take the experience gained in his first year and have it benefit another team.

Sign a QB to run a hype driven offensive system that teams get tape on and learn to shut down.

Have Chandler Jones get hurt, Golden walks in free agency and Brooks Reed becomes our best pass rusher.

Watch those 3-13 seasons stack up.

Yes, these are all baseless, conjured up situations, that I made up on my own........but if the suggestion to draft Murry over Bosa keeps coming up, I have every right to throw my madness onto the pile.

I could also envision a scenario where we draft Bosa, he has a Andre Wadsworth type of career, and Murray goes on to be a game changer while Rosen is a bust. I'm in the camp of keeping Rosen and drafting Bosa, but we can play the "what if" game all day long.

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
i think a great deal of the Kyler Murray hype to the Cardinals is driven by media people wanting to be entertained.

They want it because it would be interesting to them. KK and Murray - two giant experiments that could either blow up or be the next great thing. A great story to follow during camp and the start of the season.

And if it blows up? the media could care less.

Timm Rosenbach

Bye Bye DJ
Reaction score
i think a great deal of the Kyler Murray hype to the Cardinals is driven by media people wanting to be entertained.

They want it because it would be interesting to them. KK and Murray - two giant experiments that could either blow up or be the next great thing. A great story to follow during camp and the start of the season.

And if it blows up? the media could care less.

Agreed. Someone has to follow Mel Kiper and company for three months a year. Fake news. Michael Bidwill drafts the best player on the board. The rest is fake news

HeHasRosen

All Star
Reaction score

I have wondered about this. Idk his hand size but im curious. If his hand size measures small it will hurt him. Look at the 3 guys they compare him to. Wilson, Brees, Mayfield. All have good to above average hand size. This is way more important than people realize.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I have wondered about this. Idk his hand size but im curious. If his hand size measures small it will hurt him. Look at the 3 guys they compare him to. Wilson, Brees, Mayfield. All have good to above average hand size. This is way more important than people realize.

Those guys are small and he’s still way smaller than all 3 of them

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score

Russell Wilson has extremely large hands for a guy his size. Hand size is definitely a big advantage for QBs.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson