Charley Casserly: Interesting comments regarding Bosa and Murray.

Lomax to Green 84

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Charley Casserly recently put out his 1st Mock Draft. He had some interesting comments regarding Nick Bosa and Kyler Murray related to the Cardinals.

Nick Bosa-Best player in the draft. Better than Jadeveon Clowney and Myles Garrett coming out of college.

Kyler Murray-If Kingsbury believes Murray is the best quarterback for his system the Cards should take him at #1. Having 2 young and talented QB’s at a low price is a really good thing.

Buckybird

Hoist the Lombardi Trophy
Reaction score
I really think the Cards are doing the organizition a disservice if they don’t do extensive research & evaluation on Murray!!! If they believe he’s a better QB, more talented & fit for this offense than Rosen by a significant margin they got to draft him imo. If he is (and yes I think he’s much better) you have to make the move.

Last edited:

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I really think the Cards are doing the organizition a disservice if they don’t do extensive research & evaluation on Murray!!! If they believe he’s a better QB, more talented & fit for this offense by a significant margin they got to draft him imo. If he is (and yes I think he’s much better) you have to make the move.

:biglaugh:

RugbyMuffin

ASFN IDOL
Reaction score
This is such a sweet topic.

This has all the making to get the Cardinals back to those post 1998 glory years.

Trade Rosen to watch him take the experience gained in his first year and have it benefit another team.

Sign a QB to run a hype driven offensive system that teams get tape on and learn to shut down.

Have Chandler Jones get hurt, Golden walks in free agency and Brooks Reed becomes our best pass rusher.

Watch those 3-13 seasons stack up.

Yes, these are all baseless, conjured up situations, that I made up on my own........but if the suggestion to draft Murry over Bosa keeps coming up, I have every right to throw my madness onto the pile.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

This has all the making to get the Cardinals back to those post 1998 glory years.

Trade Rosen to watch him take the experience gained in his first year and have it benefit another team.

Sign a QB to run a hype driven offensive system that teams get tape on and learn to shut down.

Have Chandler Jones get hurt, Golden walks in free agency and Brooks Reed becomes our best pass rusher.

Yes, these are all baseless, conjured up situations, that I made up on my own........but if the suggestion to draft Murry over Bosa keeps coming up, I have every right to throw my madness onto the pile.

All that is More likely to happen then Murray being a viable NFL QB. Good post!

JeffGollin

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Something to put in your Fact or Fiction folder -

The offense under Kingsbury requires a QB with a unique, specialized skill-set.

The body language coming out of Kingsbury Hq is that he's adept at tailoring his offense to fit what his QBs are good at/like to do.

Truth or Coachspeak?

Everything points to KK being flexible, which in turn points to passing on Murray and building up Rosen.

Buckybird

Hoist the Lombardi Trophy
Reaction score
All that is More likely to happen then Murray being a viable NFL QB. Good post!
Yeah I remember the majority here laughing about Baker the Touchdown Maker as well going high, then he went #1 & had a very good rookie season. While I don’t think he reads defenses quite as well as BM, this kid has some magic in him & ive watched & followed the kid since his Allen HS days.

I know it’s not going to happen, all I’m saying is evaluate this kid hard as you do others you’re thinking of drafting #1 or fairly high.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score

The body language coming out of Kingsbury Hq is that he's adept at tailoring his offense to fit what his QBs are good at/like to do.

Truth or Coachspeak?

Everything points to KK being flexible, which in turn points to passing on Murray and building up Rosen.

Davis Webb and Baker Mayfield are totally different types of QBs. It isn't coach speak; Kingsbury changed his offense multiple times to fit different strengths of his offense and strengths of his QBs.

GuernseyCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Charley Casserly recently put out his 1st Mock Draft. He had some interesting comments regarding Nick Bosa and Kyler Murray related to the Cardinals.

Nick Bosa-Best player in the draft. Better than Jadeveon Clowney and Myles Garrett coming out of college.

Kyler Murray-If Kingsbury believes Murray is the best quarterback for his system the Cards should take him at #1. Having 2 young and talented QB’s at a low price is a really good thing.

And he also has Murray going #13th., and the second QB off the board.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap30...y-2019-nfl-mock-draft-10-three-qbs-in-round-1

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah I remember the majority here laughing about Baker the Touchdown Maker as well going high, then he went #1 & had a very good rookie season. While I don’t think he reads defenses quite as well as BM, this kid has some magic in him & ive watched & followed the kid since his Allen HS days.

I know it’s not going to happen, all I’m saying is evaluate this kid hard as you do others you’re thinking of drafting #1 or fairly high.

I wouldn't put it past the Cardinals reaching for a 5'9" 190lb QB with the first overall pick of the draft.

:barf:

Ohcrap75

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I really think the Cards are doing the organizition a disservice if they don’t do extensive research & evaluation on Murray!!! If they believe he’s a better QB, more talented & fit for this offense than Rosen by a significant margin they got to draft him imo. If he is (and yes I think he’s much better) you have to make the move.

I'm sure they will do as much research as possible, but that could also lead to them not liking Murray. Just because they stick with Rosen, will not mean they didn't do their due diligence. Murray would have to rate significantly higher than Rosen because we would be losing so much draft value to trade him away and using number one on Murray.

CFLredzoned

Hall of Famer
Reaction score

I was curious about that myself. Do you guys agree with that? That he's a better prospect than Clowney coming out of college? (Taking injuries out of the equation.)

iLLmatiC

Drive-by Poster
Reaction score

Just wait till the combine. Christ, we'll never hear the end of it.

iLLmatiC

Drive-by Poster
Reaction score

Truth or Coachspeak?

He's not a great offensive mind if he can't figure out how to tailor players to his system. If that's the case we have all been lied to.

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I was curious about that myself. Do you guys agree with that? That he's a better prospect than Clowney coming out of college? (Taking injuries out of the equation.)
I remember the hype over Clowneys great hit in a college game. He was over hyped and really didn’t live up to the hype. He has improved but also benefits from having Watts on the other side. I would hope Bosa would come here and play better that Clowney did.

Harry

ASFN Consultant and Senior Writer
Reaction score

I see this the opposite way of Charley Casserly. If a QB with Rosen’s skill set can’t work in Kingsbury’s system the Cards picked the wrong coach. Plus the idea of tying up 1st slot money on a player who may not see the field is absurd. If Murray became the starter Rosen’s value would disappear. If Murray couldn’t best out Rosen in a system like Kingsbury’s, he’d have little trade value. That’s why Charley Casserly is no longer a GM.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
I remember the hype over Clowneys great hit in a college game. He was over hyped and really didn’t live up to the hype. He has improved but also benefits from having Watts on the other side. I would hope Bosa would come here and play better that Clowney did.

IF you think Clowney's hype was built on one hit, you clearly didn't follow his college career.

He was a 5 star recruit and was incredible in high school AND college, before he coasted his senior season when it was apparent he was the best defender in college football.

He's a very good player now still. I'd take him on the Cardinals.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
I see this the opposite way of Charley Casserly. If a QB with Rosen’s skill set can’t work in Kingsbury’s system the Cards picked the wrong coach. Plus the idea of tying up 1st slot money on a player who may not see the field is absurd. If Murray became the starter Rosen’s value would disappear. If Murray couldn’t best out Rosen in a system like Kingsbury’s, he’d have little trade value. That’s why Charley Casserly is no longer a GM.

Casserly is a multi-time failure as a personnel guy.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson