Interesting Tid-Bit

Reaction score
With the Rams getting into the Super Bowl this year, in the last 11 years all 4 NFC West opponents have made Super Bowl appearances! I don't believe and other division could make that claim. Another reason why the NFC West is the NFL's toughest division!

NJCardFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
The closest would be the NFC South with all 4 teams making it in the past 17 years and 3 in 10 years.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
With the Rams getting into the Super Bowl this year, in the last 11 years all 4 NFC West opponents have made Super Bowl appearances! I don't believe and other division could make that claim. Another reason why the NFC West is the NFL's toughest division!
I guess. The NFCW is picking 1st and 3rd in the draft, too.

Timm Rosenbach

Bye Bye DJ
Reaction score

I think that it is because the NFC West is the only Division without a single horrific owner.

OP
OP
Card Down Under
Reaction score
Tired of people trashing Michael Bidwill. Would you prefer the Browns ownership? Or maybe (at best) the Hunt family in Kansas City who haven’t made a Super Bowl since the 1960s
I agree ... The problem is that people can't remember the days of Bill Bidwill! When Michael took over, we became a real organization ... Thank you Mr. Michael Bidwill

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
Worse owners than Mike Bidwill:

32. Jimmy Haslem / CLE
31. Mark Davis / OAK
30. Daniel Synder, Wash
29. Stephen Ross, MIA
28. Woody Johnson, NYJ
27. Dean Spanos, LAC
26. Mike Brown, CIN
25. Martha Ford, DET

Owners better than Mike B:

1. Robert Kraft, NE
2. Art Rooney, PIT
3. Steve Biscotti, BAL
4. town of GB, GB

The Mara/Tisch NYG ownership group seems to have lost its way the last five years -- still, very close to being 5 above.

Also, I would have put Pat Bowlen in the better group, but lots of change going on there the last few years.

So, Mike B is in that 20 owner group of "could be worse but not upper 1/3" Given where he started and what he has had to work off of, its real progress.

cardpa

Have a Nice Day!
Reaction score
Worse owners than Mike Bidwill:

32. Jimmy Haslem / CLE
31. Mark Davis / OAK
30. Daniel Synder, Wash
29. Stephen Ross, MIA
28. Woody Johnson, NYJ
27. Dean Spanos, LAC
26. Mike Brown, CIN
25. Martha Ford, DET

Owners better than Mike B:

1. Robert Kraft, NE
2. Art Rooney, PIT
3. Steve Biscotti, BAL
4. town of GB, GB

The Mara/Tisch NYG ownership group seems to have lost its way the last five years -- still, very close to being 5 above.

Also, I would have put Pat Bowlen in the better group, but lots of change going on there the last few years.

So, Mike B is in that 20 owner group of "could be worse but not upper 1/3" Given where he started and what he has had to work off of, its real progress.

I would add the Seahawk owner with the better than group.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Do you remember Jed York? And the Rams owner? AND Michael Bidwill?

The NFCW might have the worst owners in the league.

You think MB is one of the worst owners in the sport?

I’m sorry but that’s just stupid I honestly don’t even know what to say to this.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
You think MB is one of the worst owners in the sport?

I’m sorry but that’s just stupid I honestly don’t even know what to say to this.

That's not what I said. I said the NFC West might have the worst owners in the league. Jed York is a boob. Stan Kronke is a scumbag. The Seahawks are a ghost ship.

Michael Bidwill is just an anonymous presence around the NFL. The family is mentioned once in Mark Leibovich's book, and the name was misspelled.

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
That's not what I said. I said the NFC West might have the worst owners in the league. Jed York is a boob. Stan Kronke is a scumbag. The Seahawks are a ghost ship.

Michael Bidwill is just an anonymous presence around the NFL. The family is mentioned once in Mark Leibovich's book, and the name was misspelled.

As a former (as much as I can be) NY Yankee fan, I get having huge expectations for your owner(s). And I also believe in the mantra that "things can always be better," just as I believe that "things can always get worse."

But regarding Michael Bidwill, I tend to lean in the direction that, by & large, he has been a net positive as owner.

Cardiac

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

I haven't read Leibovich's book but isn't it a political take on the issues the NFL is facing right now and if so the family being mentioned once may be a good thing. :)

Point being is yes Bill sucked as an owner and he was in charge for decades and decades. Since Michael has taken over the team has won more playoff games then the previous 6 decades combined and made their first SB appearance.

Michael is a very good owner who is still learning and will continue to improve.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson