Pulp Fiction

Bada0Bing

Don't Stop Believin'
Reaction score
I remember liking it at the time it came out, but i don't don't think it has aged that well.
I still love Samuel in it though just as much as ever.

Whoa! I completely disagree. I recently rewatched it and I think it's gotten even better with age. It has some of the best dialog and delivery I've ever heard in a film.

It actually made more money than I thought. #10 in '94 playing in many fewer theaters. It must have stuck around much longer than the other films.

Good lord, what is Flintstones doing on this list?

You must be registered for see images attach

Ragnar

Veteran
Reaction score
Ok, according to Tarantino, what's in the briefcase is irrelivant. It is mearly a plot device.

His original idea was diamonds,. But his buddy, and co-writer, Roger Avery thought it would look better on film to light up the inside of the briefcase. After some experimentation, they decided orange would look best. Also, they agreed it be a cool homage to "The Manchurian Candidate" where there was a glowing briefcase (which contained an atomic bomb!).
Funny I remember the Manchurian candidate being about a brainwashed asassin

Shaggy

Site Owner Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
I will also love Pulp Fiction. Was the movie my wife(girlfriend at the time) first watched together. Everytime I remember the movie, I remember the first date. ;)

NJCardFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
One of the movies I can quote verbatim. As for the briefcase, would have been a nice tie in with Reservoir Dogs if it were diamonds. There is already a Reservoir Dogs connection with Vincent Vega supposedly being the brother of Michael Madsen's Vic Vega from RD. Also, in the pawn shop, allegedly the Samurai Sword Butch uses is supposed to be Bud's Hattori Hanzo sword he said he pawned in Kill Bill Vol. 2 but as we know, Beatrix found that sword in Bud's golf bag.

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson