OT: Bucs Fire DC Smith

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Wow.. lol.. I mean that would a little rough.. getting canned seven games into your new gig..

If you're a prospective candidate for McCoy's successor, wouldn't that make you maybe just a teeny bit leery of taking the job?

Would the recruiting pitch be something like:

"We think you can have a long-term future with the Cardinals organization, although you'll be fired after seven games if you don't turn this **** show around.

I'd sign up that! How about you? :)

He only lasted 11 games in his last gig. He never should have been brought in here in the first place.

AZ Shocker

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Wow.. lol.. I mean that would a little rough.. getting canned seven games into your new gig..

If you're a prospective candidate for McCoy's successor, wouldn't that make you maybe just a teeny bit leery of taking the job?

Not if I was a legit OC and watched film on the Arizona Cardinals and saw film the past couple years of the current personnel on the team. Plus...I'd be licking my chops with that Rosen kid to go along with that stud David Johnson.

Crimson Warrior

Dangerous Murray Zealot
Reaction score
Not if I was a legit OC and watched film on the Arizona Cardinals and saw film the past couple years of the current personnel on the team. Plus...I'd be licking my chops with that Rosen kid to go along with that stud David Johnson.

Now that's a pretty good point AZ Shocker. OC Candidates will have to believe that they'll have some pieces to work with.

Last edited:

iLLmatiC

Drive-by Poster
Reaction score
yeah... this is what I said a couple days ago. if we lay an egg on national TV at home, with a mini-bye on the horizon, I think they make the change.

or should anyway...

So what you're saying is we should become Bronco fans, if only for one night?

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Now that's a pretty good point AZ Shocker. OC Candidates will have to believe that they'll have some pieces to work with.
Honestly i don’t think they even need pieces. They need to see that one glittery piece . . . young QB who thus far hasn’t fallen flat on his face despite being set up for failure.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Who is more foolish? The fool, or the fool who follows him? :)
If that saying held any water in pro sports no one would ever take any coaching job with a team looking to replace a coach. At any level. Find another platitude.

Btw, did the broncos find someone to take McCoy’s place after they canned him after 11 games? They did? Go figure . . .

TRW

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
They wouldn't do it on a short week...

Yeah, I know they won't. But they SHOULD. What is there to lose? They are 32nd in almost every offensive category. They can't go any lower.

I still say FIRE HIM NOW!!!!

Southpaw

Provocateur aka Wallyburger
Supporting Member
Reaction score
He would have been out of a job at the end of the season anyway, when Dirk Koetter is fired.

gimpy

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
The one statement I remember him saying when he was head coach at ASU and they asked him about calling his own plays was (something like), "this is football, it ain't rocket science". For some reason that has always stuck with me. :):D

schutd

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
You have been smacked down by the word Police. :bang:

Classic. Name calling in response to be called a name caller. Why is it so hard to just abandon words like that (that I used ALL THE TIME until its hurtfulness was pointed out to me by a parent of a child with downs.) instead of getting all defensive toward the people simply pointing out that the world is changing and being sensitive to others is an important part of that change????

Southpaw

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Classic. Name calling in response to be called a name caller. Why is it so hard to just abandon words like that (that I used ALL THE TIME until its hurtfulness was pointed out to me by a parent of a child with downs.) instead of getting all defensive toward the people simply pointing out that the world is changing and being sensitive to others is an important part of that change????

1. Urban Dictionary: ********
    https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=********
    A word used to describe someone who is profoundly stupid. A type of stupidity that is an insult to intelligence itself. Politically correct people would like you to be rude to someone in a less offensive way, perhaps by calling them dumb instead. This ignores the fact that dumb, idiot, and many other similar insults used today were all old-timey technical terms for retards.

schutd

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
  1. Urban Dictionary: ********
    https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=********
    A word used to describe someone who is profoundly stupid. A type of stupidity that is an insult to intelligence itself. Politically correct people would like you to be rude to someone in a less offensive way, perhaps by calling them dumb instead. This ignores the fact that dumb, idiot, and many other similar insults used today were all old-timey technical terms for retards.

Urban Dictionary defines your moral compass???? I prefer to do my own thinking.

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
[emoji817]

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Southpaw

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Urban Dictionary defines your moral compass???? I prefer to do my own thinking.
Huh? Seems as if this is an attempt to adjust other's thinking process. So, others shouldn't do their own thinking?

Crimson Warrior

Dangerous Murray Zealot
Reaction score
Huh? Seems as if this is an attempt to adjust other's thinking process. So, others shouldn't do their own thinking?

Gentlemen! Gentlemen, please!

Let those of us on this board who are most learned, reasonable, and civilized not argue among ourselves.

Your defense of free speech is admirable Southpaw, but let me say "mea culpa", and let's please move on.

Cards_Campos

ASFN Addict
Reaction score

Would the recruiting pitch be something like:

"We think you can have a long-term future with the Cardinals organization, although you'll be fired after seven games if you don't turn this **** show around.

I'd sign up that! How about you? :)

I'd hire a kid who is good in Techmo Bowl over Mike McCoy. Atleastv play calling would be more diverse.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson