OT: Bucs Fire DC Smith

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Bidwill
Did he say something recentely or he has something better to do?
When the things get ugly and the leader disappear u cant be very optimistic about the future of this franchise
When i see him in some video or pictures he always stood behind the scene, looks like a Lego man

gmabel830

It's football season!!
Reaction score
Smith was in his 3rd year as DC in Tampa -- that's probably the only difference between him & McCoy at this point

MaoTosiFanClub

The problem
Reaction score
It will be Friday. No insider knowledge but at that point we will have exactly one game in 23 days which is a home game against the 49ers sorry defense. That's more or less a training camp.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It will be Friday. No insider knowledge but at that point we will have exactly one game in 23 days which is a home game against the 49ers sorry defense. That's more or less a training camp.

yeah... this is what I said a couple days ago. if we lay an egg on national TV at home, with a mini-bye on the horizon, I think they make the change.

or should anyway...

Crimson Warrior

Dangerous Murray Zealot
Reaction score
Bickley basically highlighted his noon time segment with "If the Cards lose Thursday, McCoy must be fired"

Wow.. lol.. I mean that would a little rough.. getting canned seven games into your new gig..

If you're a prospective candidate for McCoy's successor, wouldn't that make you maybe just a teeny bit leery of taking the job?

Would the recruiting pitch be something like:

"We think you can have a long-term future with the Cardinals organization, although you'll be fired after seven games if you don't turn this **** show around.

I'd sign up that! How about you? :)

MaoTosiFanClub

The problem
Reaction score
Wow.. lol.. I mean that would a little rough.. getting canned seven games into your new gig..

If you're a prospective candidate for McCoy's successor, wouldn't that make you maybe just a teeny bit leery of taking the job?

"We think you can have a long-term future with the Cardinals organization, although you'll be fired after seven games if you don't turn this **** show around.

Man we're awesome!
I agree. We should just keep our clearly terrible coaches for years and years and hope they can figure it out. I call it the McGinnis Plan.

Crimson Warrior

Dangerous Murray Zealot
Reaction score
I agree. We should just keep our clearly terrible coaches for years and years and hope they can figure it out. I call it the McGinnis Plan.

LOL!

I'm not saying it's not the right move man, I'm just saying we look like a bunch of retards for making such a horrible hire.

Would you like to come work at a place where the boss is a ****** MaoTosiFanClub? :)

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
How another team beat us to firing a coordinator is beyond me.

Not me that defense is giving up over PPG average whichbas crazyvas it sounds worse then McCoys sub par offense..

cardpa

Have a Nice Day!
Reaction score
LOL!

I'm not saying it's not the right move man, I'm just saying we look like a bunch of retards for making such a horrible hire.

Would you like to come work at a place where the boss is a ****** MaoTosiFanClub? :)

Better to look like a ****** than to do nothing and look like a ****** and an idiot. Fire McCoy and move forward and admit your mistake. People would respect that more than staying the course to oblivion.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
Better to look like a ****** than to do nothing and look like a ****** and an idiot. Fire McCoy and move forward and admit your mistake. People would respect that more than staying the course to oblivion.
Amen.

In this case, if you're a confident offensive coach, you ignore the guy who sucked beforehand, because you know you can do better.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score

How many NFL OC jobs are there in the world? All you have to do is be less bad than historically bad McCoy. That’s not hard to do.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
LOL!

Who looks the bigger idiot? The guy who made a terrible hire or the guy who doubles down on the terrible hire and keeps his mistake around longer?

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Not me that defense is giving up over PPG average whichbas crazyvas it sounds worse then McCoys sub par offense..
Shane our biggest offensive output this year is something like 264 yards. Of total offense. Our BIGGEST output. We have scored two defensive TDs the last two weeks. Minus those our team is averaging 11.33 points per game and less than 250 yards per game. At a time when offenses are playing pinball.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
LOL!

if Keim is GM, whoever is going to take that job will know that anyway after his extreme DUI/atrocious year in everything from picking coaches to player personnel.

AZCrazy

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Are you just gonna hand the job to Leftwich? Or did you have someone else in mind who's wandering around Aisle 9 ? It can ALWAYS get worse. You gotta have a plan and have someone ready to go.

SoCal Cardfan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score

Even I could post a more attractive OC resume than McCoy.

"How many times have you been responsible for an offense and completely failed at it?"

Me: "Not once"

McCoy "Ummm... are we counting HC tenures?"

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jdndndn