2018 1st round pick is Josh Rosen

GimmedaBall

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Good stuff, I'm very much in that world as a coach, so have to stay informed. Had a kid with a bad concussion this year that went from 0 to 100 in about 15 minutes. Learned a lot with him, as he was clearly concussed in eye tests but had normal speech, then 10 minutes later he couldn't form a sentence. He still is not fully recovered after 4 months and only cleared to do non contact work. Craziest concussion I've seen. As AIA coaches we are hyper-vigilant with any suspected concussion. Basketball ones are pretty rough as they are usually back of the head snapbacks to the floor.

They are no joke.

Thanks for looking out for the kids under your protection and care as a coach.

No easy answer when it comes to sports and this kind of issue. I think half of the guys on my high school team were walking around with concussions. Our OL and DL would whack each other senseless and then told to be a 'man' and shake it off and get back on the practice field. That plus it was a time when you had to show how tough you were when it comes to being dehydrated---no water until practice was over.

We had to run laps that took us through a path in the woods---we took turns getting a large cooler full of water/ice and stashing it out of sight. Guess who had the original idea. Coach never caught on because as were were running our laps, he'd be on a cigarette break in his office. LOL. We actually didn't mind the laps.

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Haha, ya man. I played with concussions a few times that I am aware of looking back and realizing now why I felt so crappy in this or that game.

GimmedaBall

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Haha, ya man. I played with concussions a few times that I am aware of looking back and realizing now why I felt so crappy in this or that game.

And why neither one of can remember where we put the car keys or if we left the wife at the Wal-Mart.

ProdigalSun

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

I know he was getting alot of flak about his personality from the media and pundits building up the draft, but I gotta say the more I hear him talk the more I'm impressed. He's got that brash confidence and swagger that all the great ones like Rodgers, Brady etc have

Ronin

…..
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Steve Keim knows his future as the Cardinals GM is somewhat tied to Josh Rosen's success. "If he doesn't (work out), I may not be here."

MrYeahBut

4 Food groups: beans, chili, cheese, bacon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
A piece of trivia that may interest only me.

There is a Rosen who has a connection with the Cardinals... Sam Rosen.

I believe he called all of PP21 punt returns. At least I remember him doing 2 of them.

Cbus cardsfan

Back to Back ASFN FFL Champion
Reaction score
This was Keim's best move to date as the GM. Even if, for some reason, Rosen doesn't work out, which I doubt, the price he paid was minimal and very much worth it.

Like, I've said, none of Rosen's issues had to do with on field play. I think many come with a pre-conceived perception of him because he's a rich, outspoken kid and they just expect him to be an ass. He probably is an ass but who cares? Favre, the Mannings, Rodgers, Roethlisberger, and many more are arrogant a-holes. I think we'd take any of them for their careers in a Cardinals uniform.

Hollywood

is part black.
Reaction score
Mesa, Arizona, USA, Planet Earth, Milky Way Galaxy

I know he was getting alot of flak about his personality from the media and pundits building up the draft, but I gotta say the more I hear him talk the more I'm impressed. He's got that brash confidence and swagger that all the great ones like Rodgers, Brady etc have
Thanks, that was a good interview. Rosen comes off a very self aware which I like. Also, the reporter is really cute. :)

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
Rosen probably has the worst arm of the five 1st Rd quarterbacks but has the cleanest mechanics. He’s almost identical to Brady’s arm at Michigan which was mediocre. When Brady was in his prime he had a top-5 arm in the league which I think Rosen has the ability to match due to his mechanics and frame. Brady could throw 70 yard lasers in his late-20’s/early-30’s.

Rosen should follow the TB12 method

Reaction score
Rosen probably has the worst arm of the five 1st Rd quarterbacks but has the cleanest mechanics. He’s almost identical to Brady’s arm at Michigan which was mediocre. When Brady was in his prime he had a top-5 arm in the league which I think Rosen has the ability to match due to his mechanics and frame. Brady could throw 70 yard lasers in his late-20’s/early-30’s.

Rosen should follow the TB12 method

I don't know if I would call that a laser or not. He definitely had to step into that throw.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
Rosen can make 60yards throws, at combine had one ofthe fastest ball (59 mp/h)
Dont know for which reason his arm has been called mediocre

Mediocre is the wrong word but it’s probably a tier below the other QB’s that went top-10 in terms of live games.

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This was Keim's best move to date as the GM. Even if, for some reason, Rosen doesn't work out, which I doubt, the price he paid was minimal and very much worth it.

Like, I've said, none of Rosen's issues had to do with on field play. I think many come with a pre-conceived perception of him because he's a rich, outspoken kid and they just expect him to be an ass. He probably is an ass but who cares? Favre, the Mannings, Rodgers, Roethlisberger, and many more are arrogant a-holes. I think we'd take any of them for their careers in a Cardinals uniform.

I like my QB to ooze confidence to the point that they are accused of cockiness. Not a whole lot of "Awe, shucks" humble type of QB out there anyhow

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I still cannot believe FBI has not yet arrested Keim, Wilks and Bidwill for stealing Rosen in the draft in front of millions watching it live.

Sent from my PH-1 using Tapatalk
I cannot wrap my mind around why the Raiders accepted the trade. It was crazy a total fleecing.

We got Palmer for 7th and now.we get Rosen for basically a 5th. Thank you Oakland Raiders for letting us get 2 QB for basically a ham sandwich.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson