Dragic will not sign extension with Suns

sunsfan88

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Dragic does not deserve an apology. He needs to apologize to the team and the fans for dealing with this during a playoff run. If you want out, wait out the season and go where you want.

To drag this out right now is destructive and unprofessional. I have lost all respect for Dragic.

You act as if we're in the midst of a title run or something. We're tied with OKC for #8 and guess what? Their finally healthy and are gonna take that #8 spot within weeks. Suns will again stay mediocre and draft #14 or #13 or whatever.

Midst of a playoff run lmao, this isn't like Stephen Curry just demanding a trade while having the #1 team in the NBA.

Suns haven't made playoffs in nearly 5 years now and are only even in the discussion for it this year due to injuries OKC had earlier.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Dragic does not deserve an apology. He needs to apologize to the team and the fans for dealing with this during a playoff run. If you want out, wait out the season and go where you want.

To drag this out right now is destructive and unprofessional. I have lost all respect for Dragic.

Agreed. Stefan you ANNIHILATED Bledsoe all summer, calling him
A punk, selfish and a ton of other stuff for doing EXACTLY what a player should do in negotiations... Namely, keep his trap shut. But Dragic starts blathering to the media, destroying the front office, hurting their chance to deal him, bashing them to hurt us in the future... AND HE DESERVES an apology.

His act has been completely unprofessional.

slinslin

Welcome to Amareca
Reaction score
In all fairness, Bledsoe didn't get screwed over by the Suns several times.

And Dragic did not get either. The Suns made moves to improve the TEAM. That is their focus, not to maximize Dragic's stats or happiness.

McDonough made this team a consistent above .500 team in the West when they were 24-58 with Dragic at PG the year before.

ArizonaSportsFan

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
For all the Bled/Goran debaters out there it should be noted that Bledose said about 10 words during the entire drawn out process it took to finally get him signed.

Well, not a great comparison, imo. It is the middle of the season, trade deadline, practices, media at practices, etc. Not sure who initiated the meeting with the agent on Tuesday.

Bledsoe was hanging out with Lebron during the summer - who is going to ask Bledsoe any questions? :D

devilalum

Heavily Redacted
Reaction score
Well, not a great comparison, imo. It is the middle of the season, trade deadline, practices, media at practices, etc. Not sure who initiated the meeting with the agent on Tuesday.

Bledsoe was hanging out with Lebron during the summer - who is going to ask Bledsoe any questions? :D

Bledsoe had to play all last season with no contract. He was left hanging for almost a full year.

devilalum

Heavily Redacted
Reaction score
I don't have a problem with Dragic. He kept his mouth shut until they asked him if was going to re-sign.

McD needs to fix this. He created this mess now he needs to fix it.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think we all ate crow when he signed. Move on.
Then I'm guessing you've skipped far more posts here than you've read. Bledsoe has been repeatedly attacked for the way the offseason went down and I doubt that even a week or two has gone by without that happening. Even today, if you were to poll everyone here you'd find that not only did these people not eat crow, they'd be offended for anyone thinking they should have. My bet, from their perspective, they were correct then and they are correct now. So, crow, is a no go.

Steve

slinslin

Welcome to Amareca
Reaction score
Dragic has been ******* himself out to other teams media on every road trip flirting with the possibility of free agency.

Something Bledsoe never did, not even when he was officially restricted free agent. Bledsoe said 2 sentences during the whole free agent process and that was seemingly because he got frustrated with how long the Suns left him hanging saying that they use "the restricted free agency against him, but he understand that it is a business".

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
It is really funny that Bledsoe was getting slinged non-stop last summer with "Bledsoe only cares about Bledsoe" and that he has no loyalty, ect ect. Now Dragic literally says out loud exactly all the things that people were ripping Bledsoe for supposedly feeling but never saying, and... Dragic is now a martyr?

Give me a break.

Anyone who hated Bledsoe over the summer for supposedly being only about himself should now utterly despise Dragic for confirming that he really does only care about his own stats and positioning.

SirStefan32

Krycek, Alex Krycek
Reaction score
I watched the video to see Dragic make the comments in his own words. Unfortunately Dragic was too honest which does not play well in the modern media. I still like Dragic. This is all too sad.

He seemed defeated to me. That was the voice and face of a man who is just defeated. Someone who's been screwed over too many times and is finally ready to give up on trying to fix things. I don't blame him one bit, and most people won't hold any of this against him.

slinslin

Welcome to Amareca
Reaction score
It is really funny that Bledsoe was getting slinged non-stop last summer with "Bledsoe only cares about Bledsoe" and that he has no loyalty, ect ect. Now Dragic literally says out loud exactly all the things that people were ripping Bledsoe for supposedly feeling but never saying, and... Dragic is now a martyr?

Give me a break.

Anyone who hated Bledsoe over the summer for supposedly being only about himself should now utterly despise Dragic for confirming that he really does only care about his own stats and positioning.

That would require consistency, don't expect that from SirStefan. He still would not admit that Robin Lopez outplayed Gortat last year.

MaoTosiFanClub

The problem
Reaction score
Dragic's act is completely unprofessional but then again so is everything Lon Babby does. He's a loudmouth buffoon. Ask anyone who sits near him at games.

At the end of the day though I can't blame Goran for wanting some stability in his career.

Last edited:

hafey2

Rookie
Reaction score
You cannot have killed Bledsoe over the summer and not kill Dragic now when arguably Bledsoe handled contract negations MORE professionally. The difference is that Dragic is white and Bledsoe is black and this town LOVES a white basketball player.

devilalum

Heavily Redacted
Reaction score
Then I'm guessing you've skipped far more posts here than you've read. Bledsoe has been repeatedly attacked for the way the offseason went down and I doubt that even a week or two has gone by without that happening. Even today, if you were to poll everyone here you'd find that not only did these people not eat crow, they'd be offended for anyone thinking they should have. My bet, from their perspective, they were correct then and they are correct now. So, crow, is a no go.

Steve

I think you have to differentiate between criticizing his play and criticizing his behavior last summer.

devilalum

Heavily Redacted
Reaction score
You cannot have killed Bledsoe over the summer and not kill Dragic now when arguably Bledsoe handled contract negations MORE professionally. The difference is that Dragic is white and Bledsoe is black and this town LOVES a white basketball player.

There you go. Sooner or later somebody always seems to notice that darned elephant.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I watched the video to see Dragic make the comments in his own words. Unfortunately Dragic was too honest which does not play well in the modern media. I still like Dragic. This is all too sad.

I think he's a decent guy but is taking some poor advice. I don't like the way he's handling this but I can see it from his side too, this is his chance to earn the big money. Something that has not come his way in the past. My big problem with him is that he tends to quit. He's done it this season and he did it the year we traded him to Houston.

He showed so much promise in the playoffs the season before and then found out that he was going to be stuck playing second fiddle behind Nash so he just rolled over and played dead. People complain about that trade but Goran was horrible that season backing up Nash and even taking over for Steve when he was out with injury. The moment he goes to Houston he turned it back on again. I think we've seen some of that this season too.

Regardless though, I think we can all say goodbye to even a remote chance at the playoffs. We were easily at our best when Goran was at his best and it's highly unlikely we'll bring a player in return that will help us anywhere near what Dragic did. I hope the team does the smart thing and uses this opportunity to develop the young players. Trade everyone on the team that is IT's age or older (except Wright) and give Warren, Goodwin and Ennis their minutes. As for IT, keep him if his head is on straight, trade him otherwise.

Steve

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson