Fitz?

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Does he have a concussion? Anybody hear?

gmabel830

It's football season!!
Reaction score
That was a helmet to helmet hit and no call by the refs. They need to call these games better. Fitz got his head rapped hard. If thats not a flag what is?

Sure hope he is okay

I don't think there are helmet to helmet rules on onside kicks, though.

Kel Varnsen

Supporting Member
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
He certainly looked like he was out of it (dazed and confused).

CardsFan88

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Also looked like to me they made contact with him before he made contact with the onside kick.

Once again the refs had two definitions of illegal contact/holding/PI, like the one in the first half with Fitz.

Hopefully he doesn't have a concussion and the prevent the win defense turned into Fitz needed to try to catch an onside kick resulting in possible injury.

JC_AZ

JC_AZ
Reaction score
That was a helmet to helmet hit and no call by the refs. They need to call these games better. Fitz got his head rapped hard. If thats not a flag what is?

Sure hope he is okay

A number of BS calls/non-calls again today...Washington clapping after the hit? Campbell hitting Fitpatrick in the end zone? Washington hitting receiver with this shoulder to know the ball out in EZ?

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't understand how a future hall of fame like Fitz can't get refs to throw legitimate flags. Yet a bunch of nobody's on the other side of the field keep getting bs calls going their way.

:bang:

az jam

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Kent Somers ‏@kentsomers
Fitzgerald is not OK. He will be tested for concussion, didn't feel well after the game. he was out of it on the sideline after the hit.

Kent Somers ‏@kentsomers
and, yep, i think a penalty should have been called on Fitzgerald hit. appeared helmet to helmet.

Last edited:

gmabel830

It's football season!!
Reaction score
Why not?

It was a vicious hit and it was on purpose. Definitely should not be allowed. I understand the hard hit to try to jar the ball loose, but not head to head.

I can't find anything official, but here is an article from earlier this season from Mike Shanahan complaining about one of his guys getting nailed helmet to helmet on an onside kick, and that it is not a penalty.

http://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2013/10/24/5024528/helmet-to-hemet-hits-nfl-rules-kickoffs-mike-shanahan

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
How about the ball that bounced and our defender ran it in as if he had caught it? After he ran into the end zone a Tennessee player hit him late. Is it just a free hit because the play had been whistled dead? I guarantee the way they were tossing flags at us - had the teams been reversed, we would have been flagged somehow. I didn't realize a personal foul or unsportsmanlike conduct was a freebie if the play was whistled dead.

:lame:

gmabel830

It's football season!!
Reaction score
I could be wrong on the rule... but now that I think about it, how much does it suck that two of our most important players are/might be lost on a free kick after safety and onside kick??

Kel Varnsen

Supporting Member
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
I could be wrong on the rule... but now that I think about it, how much does it suck that two of our most important players are/might be lost on a free kick after safety and onside kick??

A lot. I'm firmly in the "no starters on special teams" camp now. The risk is just too high.

PJ1

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
How about the ball that bounced and our defender ran it in as if he had caught it? After he ran into the end zone a Tennessee player hit him late. Is it just a free hit because the play had been whistled dead? I guarantee the way they were tossing flags at us - had the teams been reversed, we would have been flagged somehow. I didn't realize a personal foul or unsportsmanlike conduct was a freebie if the play was whistled dead.

:lame:

I saw that and couldn't believe it. It wasn't just a shove either. He nailed him.

Jay Cardinal

Die Hard Cardinals Fan
Reaction score
I don't think there are helmet to helmet rules on onside kicks, though.

I was thinking that was a textbook example of spearing. The player led with the crown of his helmet. Bummer that they called Rashad Johnson for a shoulder hit that was much less violent.

NJCardFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Another example of Arians putting starters on special teams and it backfires. C'mon Bruce, stop it.

OP
OP
Shane

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Another example of Arians putting starters on special teams and it backfires. C'mon Bruce, stop it.

Can't agree with that. You alwYs put your best hands out there for inside kicks.

Azlen

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Can't agree with that. You alwYs put your best hands out there for inside kicks.

Onside kicks too. :D

But yes. It's very common to have starting skill players on the field when you're expecting an onside kick.

coyoteshockeyfan

Fool In The Rain
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Fox 10 said that Fitz said he should be able to play next week pending the usual NFL concussion protocol.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson