Mark Asher fired at KTAR

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Don't use logic in this conversation, god knows Wolfley wouldn't......:D

What are you talking about bankybruceeeeeeeeese. My friends....don't listen to this basononian.......when I played the game..........

jw7

Woof!
LEGACY MEMBER
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Asher is far better on local sports. Dave "that's coming up next" Burns and Doug Franz are difficult to listen to. Can't believe he doesn't have a job on radio.

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Asher is far better on local sports. Dave "that's coming up next" Burns and Doug Franz are difficult to listen to. Can't believe he doesn't have a job on radio.

I heard Asher do that ("I'll tell you why I say that...after the break...") as a lead in for a PP21 discussion.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
Burns & Gambo remains the best radio show in PHX

Bickly & Vinny are alright but Wolfe is too big a homer for my liking.

crisper57

Open the Roof!
Reaction score
Can we talk about the annoying commercials on 620 for a minute?

"Hey Cardinal fans, Tim Hovik here from San Tan Ford. My voice sounds like its been botoxed into a permanent fake smile and I am going to name-drop some popular athletes in order to make you think I am cool. I've never actually met any real Cardinal players, but they let me use their names in this commercial for a small fee..."

OR

"Hey Phoenix, when Pinnacle Nissan says they have a cure for cancer, do they mean what they say?"

(Crowd noise) "Yeah!"

"And what about those other guys?"

"Boo!"

"There you have it, folks. This scientific poll is beyond refute. We simply are the best car company in the world. Those other guys eat babies. And puppies."

OR

"Comfortable wife, comfortable life." :barf:

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hey, KTAR listeners, the is such a thing as the internet now, there is now reason to go to a dealership because a guy on the radio said Wolfley bought a truck there.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
Bickley is better on KTAR. Less BS cause of a shorter show and I like that there's someone besides Gambo that actually calls out hometown teams.

crisper57

Open the Roof!
Reaction score
I heard Asher do that ("I'll tell you why I say that...after the break...") as a lead in for a PP21 discussion.

I've heard Doug call out his show's producer (Yoda) for some pretty lame teases in the last couple of weeks. Maybe not the host's call?

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score

100% agree! Seriously, Burns and Franz are two if the biggest hacks I have ever heard on radio. They suck beyond anything I have ever previously heard. I honestly don't know how Gambo and Wolf don't beat the living crap out of each of them! Burns seems to think his role is to be funny by ranking on Gambo - which could be I guess, if he were actually funny! But he's not and his routine sucks!! Same for Franz who uses a sarcastic, played out approach that is like nails on a chalkboard to me...
Man they are brutal../

Folster

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
KTAR is supposed to be making a big programing announcement today. Anyone have an idea what it is? Hopefully Powell is being added to the line up.

crisper57

Open the Roof!
Reaction score
KTAR is supposed to be making a big programing announcement today. Anyone have an idea what it is? Hopefully Powell is being added to the line up.

They are teasing it today. Announcement tomorrow. The tagline is "Winter is Coming". I am thinking they are getting Coyotes Hockey games away from 910. Otherwise, Game of Thrones is coming to 620?

Maybe they are covering the Winter Olympics?

But I agree, Powell full-time would be the best announcement possible.

Last edited:

Folster

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I'm not sure they can handle Suns and Coyote games, not to mention in the Spring whe the Dbacks could cause 3 games in one day.

Azlen

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
They are teasing it today. Announcement tomorrow. The tagline is "Winter is Coming". I am thinking they are getting Coyotes Hockey games away from 910. Otherwise, Game of Thrones is coming to 620?

It is the Coyotes moving to the Bonneville stations.

Details here. http://coyotes.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=682260

Arizona Sports 620 will broadcast 24 Coyotes games; News/Talk 92.3 KTAR will air 10 games; and KMVP 860 AM will carry 43 games (five games TBD).

I don't get how it benefits the Coyotes to be split over three stations with the majority on "Gospel 860" which doesn't have a high enough audience to even show up in the ratings.

Last edited:

crisper57

Open the Roof!
Reaction score
It is the Coyotes moving to the Bonneville stations.

Details here. http://coyotes.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=682260

Arizona Sports 620 will broadcast 24 Coyotes games; News/Talk 92.3 KTAR will air 10 games; and KMVP 860 AM will carry 43 games (five games TBD).

I don't get how it benefits the Coyotes to be split over three stations with the majority on "Gospel 860" which doesn't have a high enough audience to even show up in the ratings.

The benefit is Bonneville paid them more for the rights. And as for 620, they just took the last of the local coverage away from the competition. All they have to do now is steal away Jurecki and 910 will be completely worthless.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson