Hedo Turkoglu Wins Most Improved Player Award

passenger

Let's get Nashty
Reaction score
Hedo Turkoglu of the Orlando Magic is the winner of the 2007-08 NBA Most Improved Player Award presented by Kia Motors, the NBA announced today. The annual award is presented to a player who has made a dramatic improvement from the previous season or seasons.

1)Hedo Turkoglu Orlando

2)Rudy Gay Memphis

3)LaMarcus Aldridge Portland

4)Al Jefferson Minnesota

5)Rajon Rondo Boston

6)Mike Dunleavy Indiana

7)Jose Calderon Toronto

8)Chris Paul New Orleans

9)Beno Udrih Sacramento

10)David West New Orleans

well,no surprise there,he deserved it

Last edited:

LV-Suns

Go Suns
Reaction score
I was going for Kaman in the beginning. What happened to him in the 2nd half of the season?

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score
Wow, it's impressive for someone to win that award so late in his career. Turkoglu has really found a great fit in Orlando. I wonder whether the Magic would have been so keen to sign Lewis to that outrageous contract if they had anticipated that Turkoglu was ready to step up his game like this.

YouJustGotSUNSD

Custom User Title!
Reaction score
Hedo is the man. Congrats to him.

I thought Ronnie Brewer would at least make the short list.

Hell Monta Ellis has even improved leaps and bounds since winning last year :)

arwillan

The King
Reaction score
i think he deserved it. great you for him, very good player. i liked rondo for the award too. that guy has stepped up big time for boston. another great player.

OP
OP
passenger

passenger

Let's get Nashty
Reaction score
it's also a good message that you can improve yourself big every year,write it down kwame brown:)

turkoglu is capable of big plays,he s 3rd in the nba in 4th quarter points right behind kobe and lebron.and i like that he s scoring almost 20 and he s pretty good rebounder and passer too(2nd in orlando scoring,2nd in rebounds,1st in assists)

OP
OP
passenger

passenger

Let's get Nashty
Reaction score
Wow, it's impressive for someone to win that award so late in his career. Turkoglu has really found a great fit in Orlando. I wonder whether the Magic would have been so keen to sign Lewis to that outrageous contract if they had anticipated that Turkoglu was ready to step up his game like this.

that's another good point,i dont think the orlando management thought rashard will be 3rd option in the team:)I also think coach confidence paid,the former coach was using hedo as 6th player from the bench but stan van gundy really trusted him and gave the ball to his hands in critical plays.

Darth Llama

Rise Up Red Sea!
Reaction score
write it down kwame brown:)

I wouldn't hold your breath for that one. :lol:

Kwamie is terrible, probably the worst #1 overall ever to play in the NBA. He is however, a good luck charm. The Wizards managed to get Caron Butler for him, and the Lakers landed Pau Gasol for him. He sucks worse then anyone, but he's been traded for two all stars. Imagine that. :lol:

Turkoglu winning it at this point in his career is unheard of. He earned it though.

mojorizen7

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Congrats to Hedo. Playing with Dwight Howard allowed Turkaglu's already well-rounded game to blossom.
I drafted him in my 1st place fantasy team 126th overall(11th round) this year and i enjoyed his breakout season very much.

OP
OP
passenger

passenger

Let's get Nashty
Reaction score
I wouldn't hold your breath for that one. :lol:

Kwamie is terrible, probably the worst #1 overall ever to play in the NBA. He is however, a good luck charm. The Wizards managed to get Caron Butler for him, and the Lakers landed Pau Gasol for him. He sucks worse then anyone, but he's been traded for two all stars. Imagine that. :lol:

Turkoglu winning it at this point in his career is unheard of. He earned it though.

Imagine now Memphis gets Hedo for Kwame:)

By the way,I think Hedo has deserved to be all star this year but either the voting was so early,or east has so many good forwards or the decision makers failed

OP
OP
passenger

passenger

Let's get Nashty
Reaction score
Congrats to Hedo. Playing with Dwight Howard allowed Turkaglu's already well-rounded game to blossom.
I drafted him in my 1st place fantasy team 126th overall(11th round) this year and i enjoyed his breakout season very much.

Maybe ignorant to ask but how do we play that fantasy basketball?everyone keeps mentioning it but i don't know if its through nba.com or a basketball games website

Irish

Registered
Reaction score
K Brown is not nearly the worst. One of the worst #1 pick was the 6'11" LaRue Martin in 1972 who lasted only four years and averaged only 14 minutes per game for 5.3 ppg on 41.6%. Real GM lists him as the 4th biggest busts in NBA history.

Michael Olowokandi is a more recent super bust. Admittedly he was better than LaRue, but after a couple of promising seasons faded into total mediocrity.

Real GM only gives K rown an honorable mention in the list of biggest busts in NBA history. Considering all, it is a dubious honor.

http://www.realgm.com/src_feature/158/20050609/the_biggest_busts_in_nba_draft_history/

Kody Rumin

Registered
Reaction score
Hedo deserved it. He's a good guy, and a lot of fun to watch. The Magic are my favorite second round team in the East, assuming that Cleveland, Boston, and Detroit end up there too.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson