Video: Leinart Interviewed on NFL Total Access

vince56

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Wow! Simeon called the Cards a first class organization?! Holy ****!!

SuperSpck

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
vince56 said:
Wow! Simeon called the Cards a first class organization?! Holy ****!!

Don't "Rush to Judgement" on Rice.
After all, he's gotten older and realizes that there's money to be made by being on the NFL network.

Captain Matt

Registered
Reaction score
Simeon is still a "poser"

I went to Illinois with "the Sim" (and played basketball with him and against him often) and know from personal experience that he's always had a ridiculous ego but absolutely NO charisma. He thinks he's cool (does anyone remember "Game"?) and he tries really hard to be a celebrity, but the dude is just a dork in an athlete's body. He's shown up in "gangsta" videos (even though he was raised in a rich suburban home). He's tried to make it as a professional basketball player (even though our second stringers at Illinois often made him look silly). And it seems like he's always trying to get time as a comentator or special guest host. Then he shines his buttox with his jumbled narratives and his very impressive use of the English language ("A-light" versus "E-leet").

Simeon will go down in the record books as an all time sack leader (not the top guy, but towards the top). So I give him credit there. But I'll always remember the idiot who gave these interviews:

Once someone asked him about Pat Tillman (still alive and serving in Iraq) and he said something to the effect of "Who is Pat Tillman, I don't care about Pat Tillman."

After the playoff loss to Minnesota (paraphrased), "I know we lost, but did you notice that I still got mine...."

Or maybe (again.... paraphrased) "I deserve to be mentioned in the same breath as Reggie White and Lawerence Taylor, I'm as good as ether of those guys."

Please attack my lack of references, but I lacked the time (or incination) to search out those quotes. My point is that no one should ever care about anything that Simeon Rice says!!!!!!

TJAM

Registered
Reaction score
Have to agree. I was in the Main upper level waiting room before an Illinois game his senior year at Illinois and litterally bumped into him when using the restroom about 45 minutes before a game. He had his head set on listening to pregame music. I was impressed at the time that he did not even recognize that I was even there as he was mentally getting into game mode.

Then after the game I was waiting for my son to come out of the locker room with the rest of the parents - He strolled thru the crowd again with the same ambivolence to all the well wishers. He could have cared less about anyone except himself. I found that quite unusual, since most of the young men were quite open and would chat - they appreciated being part of the Illini family

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If parts of a football team were to be described as body parts, I would not even want him as an armpit. There is one part I may consider him for and that would be the very lower end of the intestinal tract.
I could not care any less about anything Si ME on Rice has to say.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson