We are now guaranteed a top 4 pick!

CardNots

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
In all fairness We Dont know whether Wadsworth could have been good due to his really bad Knees probably ahould have looked at medical prior to the draft
It’s a fail regardless of the facts:)

I just can’t see how a pick in the top 3 would produce anything less than a 10 year all-pro player for the picking team.

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
2 out of 6 is not a good success rate for top 3.
Maybe we don't like Patrick Peterson, but he was one hell of a player. Still starting CB to this day. Three time All Pro, eight time Pro Bowl all with the Cardinals. For the Cardinals, I would put him over Rice. Rice had the big majority of his career elsewhere. Hearst had great years for the Niners.

I had largely forgotten about Levi Brown.

I look at the top olinemen in this draft and, honestly, are any of them more dominant or a sure thing than Leonard and Levi? I don't think so.

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
In all fairness We Dont know whether Wadsworth could have been good due to his really bad Knees probably ahould have looked at medical prior to the draft
I remember meeting him at the pick your season ticket fan day at SDS after his rookie year. He actually started to play well his rookie year and got hurt against the Giants in the coldest and wettest game ever at SDS.

So, I am wishing him well, and he's friendly and chatty signing stuff. I look at his knee and it's missing a chunk like the size of a nickle.

Damaged goods at that point. I wonder if Ditka actually would have given his entire draft for him and what would have happened if we took that deal.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It’s a fail regardless of the facts:)

I just can’t see how a pick in the top 3 would produce anything less than a 10 year all-pro player for the picking team.

In general true but the knee injury Wadsworth had really effectively derailed his career.

The Athletic has a great article on him that essentially says he had avascular necrosis, in both knees. That knee issues he had in college were misdiagnosed or missed due to medical technology at the time not being good enough, and by the time Dr Steadman diagnosed him it was too late. At the time of that article he'd had FOURTEEN knee surgeries!

Obviously in hindsight we should have taken Woodson but at the time we apparently didn't even consider him we had Wadsworth ranked so high.

PACardsFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
In general true but the knee injury Wadsworth had really effectively derailed his career.

The Athletic has a great article on him that essentially says he had avascular necrosis, in both knees. That knee issues he had in college were misdiagnosed or missed due to medical technology at the time not being good enough, and by the time Dr Steadman diagnosed him it was too late. At the time of that article he'd had FOURTEEN knee surgeries!

Obviously in hindsight we should have taken Woodson but at the time we apparently didn't even consider him we had Wadsworth ranked so high.
Agree. Coming into that draft, Wadsworth was considered by MOST to be the best player in the draft. Very similar to how Fitz was also considered by MOST to be the best player when he came out. In one situation, it played out very well, and in the other, it was a disaster due to injuries. I sat behind Andre’s parents at the 98 game vs Skins at FedEx Field. Truly, they were wonderful people. And sadly, I always thought of them when the injuries ended his career. The selection that always annoyed me was taking Rice over Ogden. It was clear that Rice was always a me player, while I believe Ogden would have been a lifelong Cardinal. That pick irked me then, and saddens me to this day.

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Agree. Coming into that draft, Wadsworth was considered by MOST to be the best player in the draft. Very similar to how Fitz was also considered by MOST to be the best player when he came out. In one situation, it played out very well, and in the other, it was a disaster due to injuries. I sat behind Andre’s parents at the 98 game vs Skins at FedEx Field. Truly, they were wonderful people. And sadly, I always thought of them when the injuries ended his career. The selection that always annoyed me was taking Rice over Ogden. It was clear that Rice was always a me player, while I believe Ogden would have been a lifelong Cardinal. That pick irked me then, and saddens me to this day.
I hadn't thought about Ogden in a long time.

Imagine, we had Ogden and Suggs sitting right in our laps. It's like everyone knew who we should draft except the Cardinals.

PACardsFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I hadn't thought about Ogden in a long time.

Imagine, we had Ogden and Suggs sitting right in our laps. It's like everyone knew who we should draft except the Cardinals.
Yep. Ogden was right up there as one of, and possibly the BEST LT in NFL history. Rice was a very good player, but an abysmal choice as it pertained to passing on Ogden, and also as it pertained to his short tenure in AZ.

PACardsFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Yeah I agree. Everything should be on the table. This team has a ton of holes to fill.
Yes. Outside of taking a QB, which we won’t do, EVERYTHING is on the table. That’s exactly how MO will handle it. No doubt in my mind that’s how it will go down.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
Yes. Outside of taking a QB, which we won’t do, EVERYTHING is on the table. That’s exactly how MO will handle it. No doubt in my mind that’s how it will go down.
Everything should be on the table save for a stupid trade down that eschews getting a top talent. Including QB, because what we got ain't it.

Cards Crazy

Veteran
Reaction score
When it comes to the Cards aive Never to say Never We will surely be dissapointed if we dont

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Everything should be on the table save for a stupid trade down that eschews getting a top talent. Including QB, because what we got ain't it.
Hey Stout. Is there a Qb in this draft that you consider a good prospect.
It seems you don’t like any of the QB’s in this draft.
I won’t be upset if we used our first pick for a Qb. If I knew the guy we would get would be Stroud like that would be great. But I don’t watch enough college football to give an educated opinion.

jf-08

Guy Smiley
Administrator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The more I look at what's happening, the more I am determined that we are going to move away from Kyler and get whatever we can for him and draft a quarterback.

Do I want that? Not necessarily but look at the options.

We will possibly have a pick of several halfway decent quarterbacks in the draft and this quarterback will be this regime's guy.

Whether we get a first, second, or third for Kyler doesn't really matter as we will take a big salary cap hit but having a rookie quarterback to grow with and under a reasonable rookie salary will make much sense from a patient standpoint than Murray who should be getting right into his prime.

So I think we get a QB with our first pick, offensive line or wide receiver with our second pick, and then possibly defense for the rest while plugging in whatever we can through free agency.

Next year is going to be a tough year as well and I just don't think K1 will be happy so get what we can when we can.

So the fine line is putting him in a position to succeed and be attractive but yet not win. That can be a difficult tightrope.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I love that so many people are sure the Bears are and should be moving off Fields who also believe that Cards won’t and shouldn’t move on from Kyler.
My opinion has completely flipped. I was sure the Bears should move on and we should keep Kyler.

Now the Bears appear to be set no matter which way they go. Trade Fields and get 2 1sts for him + and draft Caleb/Maye, or keep him trade down and acquire more talent.

I'm also on the side that we need to move on from Kyler and draft Caleb/Maye.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Maybe we don't like Patrick Peterson, but he was one hell of a player. Still starting CB to this day. Three time All Pro, eight time Pro Bowl all with the Cardinals. For the Cardinals, I would put him over Rice. Rice had the big majority of his career elsewhere. Hearst had great years for the Niners.

I had largely forgotten about Levi Brown.

I look at the top olinemen in this draft and, honestly, are any of them more dominant or a sure thing than Leonard and Levi? I don't think so.
100%. He is a first ballot hall of famer.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
My opinion has completely flipped. I was sure the Bears should move on and we should keep Kyler.

Now the Bears appear to be set no matter which way they go. Trade Fields and get 2 1sts for him + and draft Caleb/Maye, or keep him trade down and acquire more talent.

Curious when this changed and if there was anything specific that caused it?

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Nobody is giving two #1s for Fields. They be lucky to get 1

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Nobody is giving two #1s for Fields. They be lucky to get 1
I don't agree. If he finishes the year like he has the 2nd half they will come close to 2 1sts.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Curious when this changed and if there was anything specific that caused it?
Past couple weeks really. I believe that Kyler could be the QBoF for some team; not this coaching staff.

The fact that production to WRs has somehow become non-existent is the biggest worry. Our WR talent is bottom 3rd in the league right now, but that doesn't explain the complete drop in production there. Plus players like Dortch couldn't find the field, he was their only bright spot on offense last week catching the ball.

I know some of it is scheme, and some of it is due to the fact we have played some really tough defenses the past month.

OP
OP
DVontel

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I’ll be disappointed in Monti if he goes the route people on this page think he’ll go.

At the end of the day, that would tell me that he’s no different than Keim.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
Hey Stout. Is there a Qb in this draft that you consider a good prospect.
It seems you don’t like any of the QB’s in this draft.
I won’t be upset if we used our first pick for a Qb. If I knew the guy we would get would be Stroud like that would be great. But I don’t watch enough college football to give an educated opinion.
I don't see any of them worthy of our 1st pick, no. Before the season I would've taken either in a heartbeat. Between Caleb showing a 10 cent head and Drake playing so badly and regressing, no thanks.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Monti Ossentfort