Official 2023 Cardinals Camp thread

outcent13

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

I thought the same thing based on how much time he played against KC. They had to be showcasing him. Plus they have Beachum as a swing tackle

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I thought the same thing based on how much time he played against KC. They had to be showcasing him. Plus they have Beachum as a swing tackle

My guess is it had more to due with Tune and seeing what they have in him. The 2nd team OL played with Tune for the most part. Aside for Beachum getting off earlier than they younger guys.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
The real question here is have you watched the preseason games? Or just going off what he's done on previous teams?

From what I've seen from him in the preseason games he has been more than serviceable. And if you're not happy with that. It's not like we can sign a available pro bowler from out of no where.
I've answered several times: no. I don't care about the preseason because it means nothing. And yeah, nothing we can do about the position now, certainly.

Tacticool Nerd

Veteran
Reaction score
I've answered several times: no. I don't care about the preseason because it means nothing. And yeah, nothing we can do about the position now, certainly.
If you haven't watched the preseason games... Then why do you feel your opinion is valid? I mean there's literal clips of how he has done. Granted yes those as very small visual sample sizes.

I don't mean to come off as rude or condescending with saying that. But having a stance against player such as Froholdt as how they preformed so far with this team needs something to back it up.

Yes he was less than spectacular with his stints on other teams he has been on. And I am being optimistic and hoping he found his niche with this team.

Garthshort

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
This would be typical Cardinals. Finally hitting on a mid round OL pick. Then, instead of re-signing him to solidify the OL, they sell him off for peanuts
Team must think that Jones' best position is tackle. And with Humphries and Johnson, we're set there. Beachum is a swing tackle. While there is no reason to think that we'll give him away for peanuts, but if you think that I suggest you go back to Draft Night and see how Monti performed.

P.S. I did suggest an alternative. And that was to start Jones at RT and move Johnson to LG.

Stout

Reaction score
If you haven't watched the preseason games... Then why do you feel your opinion is valid? I mean there's literal clips of how he has done. Granted yes those as very small visual sample sizes.

I don't mean to come off as rude or condescending with saying that. But having a stance against player such as Froholdt as how they preformed so far with this team needs something to back it up.

Yes he was less than spectacular with his stints on other teams he has been on. And I am being optimistic and hoping he found his niche with this team.
And yet...

Were this the regular season, my opinion would certainly take a legitimacy hit. It's not the regular season--aside from not having to do or type anything to validate my opinion to you lol

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
If the coaches believe in him I would prefer they resign him as a swing tackle to backup DJ and PJ vs a random 3rd.
Part of the Jones conundrum is the DJ contract. It jumps to about a $22 million cap hit and $16 million base for 2024 and 2025... basically making him untradeable, IMO. When DJs contract is up, you will need to consider a Paris extension, as that will be the end of his 3rd year.

Garthshort

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Reading problem? I'll repeat my answer: "I've answered several times: no."

Or is that too difficult to understand?
As you know that prior to the above post you gave your opinion about PS games, but as far as I could tell NEVER said you had watched/seen this year's first two PS games. So, I had no idea whether you had seen Froholdt in action. When you do I think you'll be pleasantly surprised. I know I was.

NittanyCard

Veteran
Reaction score
Would u be mad if they got a third rounder for him?
Yes. Wasn’t he a “steal” by everyone when we drafted him and could’ve been a first rounder?

Not saying we could get that for him but if he has first round talent to be a solid starter or even a Diamond that hasn’t flashed yet I would be mad.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
Yes. Wasn’t he a “steal” by everyone when we drafted him and could’ve been a first rounder?

Not saying we could get that for him but if he has first round talent to be a solid starter or even a Diamond that hasn’t flashed yet I would be mad.
There is no real future for him on this roster, and there is nothing proving that he is a first round talent or any sort of diamond. Recouping a 3rd for him or grabbing a similar player at a position of greater need would both be better options than just holding on to him.

Stout

Reaction score
As you know that prior to the above post you gave your opinion about PS games, but as far as I could tell NEVER said you had watched/seen this year's first two PS games. So, I had no idea whether you had seen Froholdt in action. When you do I think you'll be pleasantly surprised. I know I was.
Except I'm not going to go back and watch the preseason games. Pointless for me and I'm very busy atm.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joseph Garrison