NFL Sunday Ticket

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
Yes, it is $249 with a subscription and $349 without prior to June 6. It goes up $100 after that.
I had YoutubeTV once before, but I changed to DirecTV to get Bally's. I remember being satisfied with YoutubeTV. Especially recording shows I watched. I vaguely think I am paying more to stream DirecTV.

Reaction score
I’ve had Sunday Ticket with DTV since its existence only to watch Cardinals games. Signing up through YouTube was a nightmare. I have no notice if I got it or not. How do you use it with YouTube? They don’t tell you anything.
Is NFL+ which looks like it used to be Game Pass good. I don’t mind watching the whole game delayed but can you do it easily without seeing the final score. Any help would be appreciated.

gimpy

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I used the nfl+ app last year to watch the Cardinal games. It worked ok most of the time, for me. But, you can only watch the game on your phone or tablet. Not a computer or tv, from my understanding.

The game was pretty much real time, not delayed.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I’ve had Sunday Ticket with DTV since its existence only to watch Cardinals games. Signing up through YouTube was a nightmare. I have no notice if I got it or not. How do you use it with YouTube? They don’t tell you anything.
Is NFL+ which looks like it used to be Game Pass good. I don’t mind watching the whole game delayed but can you do it easily without seeing the final score. Any help would be appreciated.
Absolutely. You can set YTV to exclude scores from your favorite teams, or even by league to prevent spoilers.

EndZone

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Just got into settings, you will see your subscriptions there. I signed up last month, so far I am having no issues. You can also share youtube tv with a family group. I added my mom, so she gets all the programing I get. You can have 3 devices online at any time. She just has the smart tv...so works for me and saves her a cable bill.

EndZone

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
People in your Family Group will also get the NFL Sunday ticket. Might be a way for people to split the bill and share access.

wa52lz

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
People in your Family Group will also get the NFL Sunday ticket. Might be a way for people to split the bill and share access.
Looks like only two separate screens per ticket subscription

How many screens can I watch on?​

You can watch games on up to two screens of NFL Sunday Ticket content at once. YouTube and YouTube TV subscribers will also be able to watch up to four live streams simultaneously on one single screen with our multiview feature (available on select devices).

For YouTube TV subscribers, NFL Sunday Ticket streams do not count towards Base Plan streams. If you have a YouTube TV Base Plan, and you purchase NFL Sunday Ticket, you’ll get 3 screens for your Base Plan plus 2 streams for NFL Sunday Ticket content. If you have our 4K Plus add-on, and you purchase NFL Sunday Ticket, then you’ll get unlimited screens in your home for your Base Plan plus 2 screens for NFL Sunday Ticket content.

You can always check screen limits for your YouTube TV plan by going to your YouTube TV settings:

• Go to YouTube TV
  • Select your profile icon
    You must be registered for see images attach
    Settings
  • Select Stream Limits

jf-08

Guy Smiley
Administrator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just got into settings, you will see your subscriptions there. I signed up last month, so far I am having no issues. You can also share youtube tv with a family group. I added my mom, so she gets all the programing I get. You can have 3 devices online at any time. She just has the smart tv...so works for me and saves her a cable bill.
:thud: Welcome back, stranger!!!

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
Depends on if you access the internet through a smart tv, or a device like a Firestick or Roku. I use a Firestick and went to the APP Store on the fire stick and downloaded YoutuveTV app when I had it before. Then just select the app whenever you want to watch YoutubeTV.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
Looks like only two separate screens per ticket subscription

How many screens can I watch on?​

You can watch games on up to two screens of NFL Sunday Ticket content at once. YouTube and YouTube TV subscribers will also be able to watch up to four live streams simultaneously on one single screen with our multiview feature (available on select devices).

For YouTube TV subscribers, NFL Sunday Ticket streams do not count towards Base Plan streams. If you have a YouTube TV Base Plan, and you purchase NFL Sunday Ticket, you’ll get 3 screens for your Base Plan plus 2 streams for NFL Sunday Ticket content. If you have our 4K Plus add-on, and you purchase NFL Sunday Ticket, then you’ll get unlimited screens in your home for your Base Plan plus 2 screens for NFL Sunday Ticket content.

You can always check screen limits for your YouTube TV plan by going to your YouTube TV settings:

• Go to YouTube TV
  • Select your profile icon
    Settings
  • Select Stream Limits
So what happens, with some apps, I can stream three devices if they all come from the same IP address, meaning the same location. But I had trouble if I was out of town and was watching on my laptop on a different network. Other apps it doesn't matter. It sounds like from above someone is doing it from two different places. If this is what you want to do, I would ask at enrollment if you go through chat, or phone, just to make sure.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
I used the nfl+ app last year to watch the Cardinal games. It worked ok most of the time, for me. But, you can only watch the game on your phone or tablet. Not a computer or tv, from my understanding.

The game was pretty much real time, not delayed.
Incorrect. I watch NFL + on my computer. It's a laptop, not a tablet.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
So last night I looked up my streaming package on Directv and it was $125/month to get all the channels we wanted. I looked at YoutubeTV and it is $72/month for MORE channels. Plus we get $100 off NFL Sunday Ticket. So I pulled the trigger on that. Redzone cost $40 more. My savings per month on my streaming should help pay for my NFL Sunday Ticket. I am assuming the following season will be the $300+ number for NFL Sunday Ticket?

Crimson Warrior

Dangerous Murray Zealot
Reaction score
So last night I looked up my streaming package on Directv and it was $125/month to get all the channels we wanted. I looked at YoutubeTV and it is $72/month for MORE channels. Plus we get $100 off NFL Sunday Ticket. So I pulled the trigger on that. Redzone cost $40 more. My savings per month on my streaming should help pay for my NFL Sunday Ticket. I am assuming the following season will be the $300+ number for NFL Sunday Ticket?

That sounds pretty interesting to me. With sunday ticket gone, I'm trying find compelling reasons to keep direct TV, and am not coming up with many answers.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
That sounds pretty interesting to me. With sunday ticket gone, I'm trying find compelling reasons to keep direct TV, and am not coming up with many answers.
I actually liked YoutubeTV when I had it previously, but moved to DirecTV to get Bally's Sports. Since that is seemingly going away, I will make the move back to YoutubeTV. I was kinda hoping Amazon would win the bid to get NFL Sunday Ticket since I use Firesticks, and I have Prime. But my YoutubeTV membership said I get to watch on up to 6 screens and I have unlimited storage. So I can record all my TV shows.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So if I'm doing this right the best deal is the $299 for Sunday ticket plus the 72.99 a month for YoutubeTv, but only if you get rid of your cable tv package and just get internet from someone (like Xfinity)?

I'm still doing the math on it because Xfinity, to the surprise of nobody, makes it really hard to actually figure out how much they charge for just internet without the tv package.

But I'm seriously considering doing that. Still dealing with Xfinity but near as I can tell I'm paying 210 a month for TV, internet and phone, and I don't use phone. So if I can get internet fast enough for less than 130 dollars, without a contract, it's cheaper to then switch to youtube tv since we really don't watch that much regular tv.

blindseyed

I'm saying you ARE stuck in Wichita
Reaction score
So if I'm doing this right the best deal is the $299 for Sunday ticket plus the 72.99 a month for YoutubeTv, but only if you get rid of your cable tv package and just get internet from someone (like Xfinity)?

I'm still doing the math on it because Xfinity, to the surprise of nobody, makes it really hard to actually figure out how much they charge for just internet without the tv package.

But I'm seriously considering doing that. Still dealing with Xfinity but near as I can tell I'm paying 210 a month for TV, internet and phone, and I don't use phone. So if I can get internet fast enough for less than 130 dollars, without a contract, it's cheaper to then switch to youtube tv since we really don't watch that much regular tv.
I don't have Xfinity but they're all basically the same (I have COX)if you call (like DirecTV) and ask about deals for internet only, be very insistent, for streaming you'll only need the 200-400mbs plan but the Gig plans are the best (make sure it includes unlimited data) they are usually for a year which gets you thru the season, before the year is up call their retention (they all have em a quick Google search will find it) and say you are looking at different companies/ can't afford blah blah blah and they'll get you a deal. Been doing that with Cox for 10 years , I have the Gigablast and pay $60 less every year then the actual price

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't have Xfinity but they're all basically the same (I have COX)if you call (like DirecTV) and ask about deals for internet only, be very insistent, for streaming you'll only need the 200-400mbs plan but the Gig plans are the best (make sure it includes unlimited data) they are usually for a year which gets you thru the season, before the year is up call their retention (they all have em a quick Google search will find it) and say you are looking at different companies/ can't afford blah blah blah and they'll get you a deal. Been doing that with Cox for 10 years , I have the Gigablast and pay $60 less every year then the actual price

Xfinity quoted me for a gig, then 10 bucks less for 800, then all the plans below that were the same cost so made no difference at all.

So I ended up dropping tv and voice, saving 100 a month(including auto pay 10 bucks off) and then dropping my box off.

They gave me something called a Flex box that's supposed to allow streaming, I don't think I need it near as I can tell it's just stuff for Netflix etc which I already have through my fire stick.

So my goal is to get until Sept without signing up for Youtubetv to say 3 months of 72.99 and then sign up. So that 3 months savings pays for most of the $299, it's actually 4 months since the deal ends 9/19 so if you sign up before 9/19 you get the deal with Sunday Ticket. So far the "pre activated" flex box won't actually get past the welcome screen. I paired the remote, chose the language, it rebooted and 10 minutes later still says welcome bienvendio.bienvenue but I really don't care I don't need it.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Xfinity quoted me for a gig, then 10 bucks less for 800, then all the plans below that were the same cost so made no difference at all.

So I ended up dropping tv and voice, saving 100 a month(including auto pay 10 bucks off) and then dropping my box off.

They gave me something called a Flex box that's supposed to allow streaming, I don't think I need it near as I can tell it's just stuff for Netflix etc which I already have through my fire stick.

So my goal is to get until Sept without signing up for Youtubetv to say 3 months of 72.99 and then sign up. So that 3 months savings pays for most of the $299, it's actually 4 months since the deal ends 9/19 so if you sign up before 9/19 you get the deal with Sunday Ticket. So far the "pre activated" flex box won't actually get past the welcome screen. I paired the remote, chose the language, it rebooted and 10 minutes later still says welcome bienvendio.bienvenue but I really don't care I don't need it.

Forgot I had to add MGM+ to my Prime tv for 5.99 a month so I can watch FROM. But my free access to that had expired on Xfinity anyways so I would have had to do that anyways. As soon as the season of From ends, I'll turn that back off.

So pretty good savings for a few months

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yes, it is $249 with a subscription and $349 without prior to June 6. It goes up $100 after that.

BTW it actually only went up $50. I played the odds that by waiting I'd save money over the 72.99 a month subscription and it actually will pay off. You can get $299 up until Sep 19th and so it's 299 for Sunday Ticket and 72.99 a month for youtube tv.

blindseyed

I'm saying you ARE stuck in Wichita
Reaction score

Good deal, this is also abit off topic but if you go to Walmart and pick up the ONN 4K box ($20) it blows away the firestick (and that Flex box is garbage lol) and you have more options, I'm a streamer and have used every peice of hardware out there and that is a cheap quick little box. Just a option for ya lol

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose