2023 5th round pick #139 is Clayton Tune QB

Buckybird

Hoist the Lombardi Trophy
Reaction score
Not what I would’ve done here but he’s a solid addition & definitely better than Colt & Blough right now in throwing abilities. Saw him play once in HS
Thought he & DTR would go round 6 but obviously didn’t

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Not a bad gamble. Can’t really say more than that about a good athlete with lots of experience but in an offense that didn’t ask much of him mentally apparently.

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
Good luck with this take bro.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

CardNots

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
From the bio on nfl site, we better have a great OL for Tune. By the way we have heard the I’m the best of the bunch before.

Are we thinking we have our Brady here?

Harry

ASFN Consultant and Senior Writer
Reaction score
If you ever wondered what the opposite of Murray was, this guy is kind of it. He’s thrown over 1500 passes in college so let’s hope his arm holds up. That effort resulted in 101 TDs & only 41 interceptions. He throws a nice ball with good placement on short and medium routes. Deep throws can expose him. With so much experience, he understands the game. He uses progressions and quick reads when blitzed. He shows poise in the pocket and will take a hit to complete a pass. He gets rid of the ball ****** enough to negate most backside pressure. He had had trouble anticipating defenders moving in the opposite direction from the receiver. He needs to followthrough better on deep throws to avoid floating passes making them an easy target for over-the-top safeties.

He’s played in literally dozens of shootouts, so QBing from behind doesn’t intimidate him. That has also caused him to gamble a little too much. I think the Cards like him because more than any of the draftees in this entire draft he may not panic if he has to play immediately. He already more fun than Blough.

He’s really surprised evaluators at the combine, even though he had run for over 1000 yds. He rated in the top 10% on almost every athletic measure. There were questions about his mechanics, but the at the Senior Bowl, even that minimal coaching, he seemed to tighten those mechanics.

This guy is highly competitive. He always plays to win. He reminds me of Drew Stanton with not quite as big an arm. Somewhat like Case Keenum and figures to have a similar career. This isn’t a bad pick. Again I’m not certain what the plan is, but this guy is not a waste.

CardNots

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
If you ever wondered what the opposite of Murray was, this guy is kind of it. He’s thrown over 1500 passes in college so let’s hope his arm holds up. That effort resulted in 101 TDs & only 41 interceptions. He throws a nice ball with good placement on short and medium routes. Deep throws can expose him. With so much experience, he understands the game. He uses progressions and quick reads when blitzed. He shows poise in the pocket and will take a hit to complete a pass. He gets rid of the ball ****** enough to negate most backside pressure. He had had trouble anticipating defenders moving in the opposite direction from the receiver. He needs to followthrough better on deep throws to avoid floating passes making them an easy target for over-the-top safeties.

He’s played in literally dozens of shootouts, so QBing from behind doesn’t intimidate him. That has also caused him to gamble a little too much. I think the Cards like him because more than any of the draftees in this entire draft he may not panic if he has to play immediately. He already more fun than Blough.

He’s really surprised evaluators at the combine, even though he had run for over 1000 yds. He rated in the top 10% on almost every athletic measure. There were questions about his mechanics, but the at the Senior Bowl, even that minimal coaching, he seemed to tighten those mechanics.

This guy is highly competitive. He always plays to win. He reminds me of Drew Stanton with not quite as big an arm. Somewhat like Case Keenum and figures to have a similar career. This isn’t a bad pick. Again I’m not certain what the plan is, but this guy is not a waste.
my hope bucket is a bit low

WiscoBird

Veteran
Reaction score
Qb's this late all have warts, but he has the one thing you can't teach.......brass balls (sorry if that's not allowed). He will step up in the pocket, knowing he is going to get hit, and deliver the football. Has the arm and the athleticism, and by what he is saying in interviews, the confidence. He definitely has things he needs to work on, but I'm telling you this guy has the......you know what.....that everyone will love.

TRW

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Anything might be better than Blough (should rhyme with blow) and Dreksel. Colt McCoy will not last long as starter, I give him 2 1/2 games tops.

CardsFan1399

Rookie
Reaction score
If there was a year for a 5th rd QB to claim he’s the best QB in a draft class, this might be it. I was not overly enamored with any of the top QBs.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave