Playoffs: Clippers @ Suns Tuesday game thread 4-25-2023 - Game 5

dscher

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Monty couldn’t adjust to rainy weather if you gave him a rain coat, galoshes, and an umbrella. Dude is incapable of making and changes on the fly. It happened against Milwaukee in 21 and against Dallas in 22.
We're seeing this more and more.. I think he's a great personable rah rah guy. Guys love playing for him...but he's certainly not going to be the championship caliber coach unless he catches a hot streak of luck with his players staying hot like Booker has..

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Monty couldn’t adjust to rainy weather if you gave him a rain coat, galoshes, and an umbrella. Dude is incapable of making and changes on the fly. It happened against Milwaukee in 21 and against Dallas in 22.

Let's see, the last three seasons under Monty resulted in the Finals, 2nd round (7 games) and the 2nd round upcoming.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Im so furious right now. I could post awful jokes all night and bug each and every one of you.
Dude… you’re talking to someone who thinks Monty is a horrific playoff coach.

I legitimately thought your post was hilarious… and true.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Let's see, the last three seasons under Monty resulted in the Finals, 2nd round (7 games) and the 2nd round upcoming.
That’s missing a ton of context about the results. Lost 4 straight in the finals after taking the first two which is a collapse only a few teams have accomplished in NBA history. Monty couldn’t adjust. Then got bounced early and collapsed against the Mavs….couldn’t adjust.

Last edited:

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
4th quarter Booker wouldn’t pass a bowel movement if it wasn’t a medical necessity

KD was unavailable in that quarter as well

DA shot more blanks in the 3rd quarter than a middle aged man from Chernobyl

CP3 played like a 38 year-old man on a processed food diet

Landry Shamet played like Landry Shamet

Ty Lue looked like the second coming of Phil Jackson while Monty Kingsbury was in the corner eating ******* paste

James Jones was jerking it to some old photos of LeBron.

JFC, this team pisses me off so much

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So have you written off the Suns this season?
What does that have to do with the facts around Monty’s collapses you left out? I think the Suns won tonight DESPITE Monty’s bad coaching down the stretch. I think anytime you have Durant, Booker and CP3 you have a shot.

dscher

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
That’s missing a ton of context about the results. Lost 4 straight in the finals after taking the first two which is a collapse only a few teams have accomplished in NBA history. Monty couldn’t adjust. Then got bounced early and collapsed against the Mavs….couldn’t adjust.
The four straight will haunt this man till the end.... unfortunately rightfully so. Comes with the territory. IMO.

TJ

Reaction score
Play of the game

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The wolves are depleted? ANT, KAT and Rudy all played right?
Yes. McDaniels, Reid and Anderson. Denver is lucky the first two were never available and that Anderson was not tonight.

Denver does not suck. But everyone absolutely slagged.the Wolves around here and they pushed Denver just as hard as the Clippers did us. The Wolves had a better chance to win in the last two minutes than the Clippers did in the game tonight. IMO.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Do you think that when Monty plays chess, he just eats the pieces?

4th quarter Booker wouldn’t pass a bowel movement if it wasn’t a medical necessity

KD was unavailable in that quarter as well

DA shot more blanks in the 3rd quarter than a middle aged man from Chernobyl

CP3 played like a 38 year-old man on a processed food diet

Landry Shamet played like Landry Shamet

Ty Lue looked like the second coming of Phil Jackson while Monty Kingsbury was in the corner eating ******* paste

James Jones was jerking it to some old photos of LeBron.

JFC, this team pisses me off so much

The Suns beat the Clippers 4-1 in the playoffs and this is the best you have?

You are not funny.

TJ

Reaction score
The Suns beat the Clippers 4-1 in the playoffs and this is the best you have?

You are not funny.

Cool. I’ll give you your flowers if Monty can get his ass in gear and make a run at teams that dont have their star players in the infirmary. Yes, we won 4-1, but this is inarguably the least inspiring 4-1 victory in NBA history

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Monty says the Suns were denying Durant but they still need to find ways to get him the ball.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jdndndn