Playoffs: Clippers @ Suns Tuesday game thread 4-25-2023 - Game 5

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Don't question Ayton's motor. He plays on both ends of the court. He runs on a "Tesla battery."

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Well... this is one area that he is very like Amare Stoudemire. He is so in denial about his weaknesses that he thinks they are strengths.

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score

my Tesla battery has depreciated by 10% since I got it.

Ayton didn’t win himself any goodwill with this answer. Dude knows he’s hated in Phoenix. Why make it worse?

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Both Kawhi Leonard and Paul George remain out for the Clippers.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
my Tesla battery has depreciated by 10% since I got it.

Ayton didn’t win himself any goodwill with this answer. Dude knows he’s hated in Phoenix. Why make it worse?

I don't think anyone hates Ayton especially in Phoenix or Arizona. He has a likeable, easy-going personality.

Personally, I like him a lot.

Unfortunately, at this stage of his career, his mouth writes checks that his body can't cash.

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
Looks like you all were right about Kawhi not playing again in the series. We have to close this one out now. NO MERCY!!!!

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well... this is one area that he is very like Amare Stoudemire. He is so in denial about his weaknesses that he thinks they are strengths.

This may be true, but I think we need to look focus more on Ayton's strengths than just his weaknesses. Monty has him running all over the court on offense and defense. For someone who didn't play basketball when they were young, there is a lot to grasp.

I guess he will always be measured by the standard of being the #1 pick in the 2018 draft. However, Ayton is right there with the top players chosen.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
“Man, I don’t know what that is. Study? Come on, I see the entire field. My name is K1, I QB the Arizona Cardinals. Study, man? Really? Nope! I run on instinct.”

It's crazy how easy it was to mirror that quote.

The two sports are not comparable, but I'd much rather have Deandre Ayton as the #1 draft pick than Kyler Murray.

I haven't heard complaints about Deandre not studying by his coach or teammates.

Yeah, I've read about the video games stuff but a lot of young players are into this.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Someone please count how many picks Ayton makes per game. The one thing he is Dominayton

That’s the offense role Monty has put him in. We’ve never evolved up until about a week ago.

We’ve been running the CP3 offense and now with point Book we are finally changing

You teach a dog not to bite don’t get mad when it’s not aggressive when you need it to be.

urs

All Star
Reaction score
Not really Kyler has made pro bowls and has set records, what exactly has DA done? Also by all accounts Monty is a solid coach, Kyler has performed under a clown show coaching staff, excited for some NFL coaching…
These guys try to trash Kyler non stop, even in Suns threads

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
Not really Kyler has made pro bowls and has set records, what exactly has DA done? Also by all accounts Monty is a solid coach, Kyler has performed under a clown show coaching staff, excited for some NFL coaching…
This is comparing apples and hockey pucks. One guy has his hands on the ball every play. The other is at the mercy of his backcourt and coach to get him the ball and to involve him in the offense.

A better comparison to DA is Isaiah Simmons. Both freakishly talented and athletic, but are playing under coaches who have no idea how to properly use them and just assume that their attitudes and athleticism will make up for it.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard