Watching the Twins succeed from afar.....

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sarver said he would pay the luxury tax. He didn't say he would keep adding to it unabashedly.

I agree with this. Sarver was willing to pay the luxury tax for a championship run from all indications. This seemed reasonable.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
IMO, it was a lock that they were going to resign Cam Johnson.

The only reason it didn't happen last summer is because they wanted to maintain trade flexibility.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think someone would have offered him a crazy contract. There is always that team every single year.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Yesterday, Gambo suggested a sign and trade this summer. Ayton for Cam.

Not sure if serious.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Bump.. You knew it was coming. Not a chance against this hot Denver team without Durant.
Talk about giving me a heart attack. With no context provided, my mind first went to that play last night where Durant and a Nugget banged knees and thought oh no, KD is out again. After checking CBS sports and another fan site and seeing nothing, I read your post again and figured out what you meant. Next time, instead of killing off a few of us older posters, provide a little more clarity for a post like this. Please. :)

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Bump.. You knew it was coming. Not a chance against this hot Denver team without Durant.

Sorry but what does this have to do with watching the Twins from afar? We need to stop this sort of stuff so everyone can move on. This thread was never meant to be a place to gloat, one way or the other.

DJ Tabooh

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
If it was Cam and Claxton, I’d do it.
Claxton offers much more defensively even though his offense has room to grow. I’d love Cam if he was healthy. He’s a deadeye shooter and he could play the 3 with KD at small ball 4 with Claxton. Really only have one non shooter in the lineup.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
But it always was a conflict

Well let's end it. It's fine to discuss in the appropriate places but we shouldn't be gloating after a good game by KD or rubbing in a bad game, especially here in a thread dedicated to watching 2 Brooklyn Nets players.

SirStefan32

Krycek, Alex Krycek
Reaction score
Well let's end it. It's fine to discuss in the appropriate places but we shouldn't be gloating after a good game by KD or rubbing in a bad game, especially here in a thread dedicated to watching 2 Brooklyn Nets players.

To be fair, it's not necessarily "gloating." I am as big of a fan of the twins as you are going to find, and I think I posted something similar few weeks back- I think a team doubled Mikal and the Nets fell apart. I remarked that it was a great example of why the Suns traded for KD.
Not saying that the post you are referring to was or was not gloating- just pointing out that it doesn't necessarily has to be gloating.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Mikal Bridges and Cam Johnson are an inspiration for draft picks who have stayed in college.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Cam Johnson participates in bike ride to support cancer research.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose