Week 14 Arizona Cardinals off season thread. 4/10/23-4/16/23

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score
It could be what Gannon/Rallis wanted or still want, now doesn't align with how Monti wants to tear it down to the studs (and by studs, I don't mean just keeping a couple of the best players).
Again, this whole premise that you have to destroy everything and then salt the earth multiple times to fix the situation is an interesting one.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
The difference in the Texans and Cardinals is that the Cardinals have a QB....so the situations really aren't the same.
Houston had Deshaun Watson playing at an MVP level on an extension and he was so disgusted by what the organization was doing he walked away.

It could just as easily happen here.

RON_IN_OC

Reaction score
Again, this whole premise that you have to destroy everything and then salt the earth multiple times to fix the situation is an interesting one.
It could also be that Budda wants a new deal, like Hop. I read where Keim did their deals with all the guaranteed front money in the 1st 3 years, so now both of them have 2 years remaining with no guaranteed money, just salary for making the team. Maybe Budda's reps thought they had something worked out with the team, but now they don't???

Goodyear Card

Link Guy
Reaction score
It could also be that Budda wants a new deal, like Hop. I read where Keim did their deals with all the guaranteed front money in the 1st 3 years, so now both of them have 2 years remaining with no guaranteed money, just salary for making the team. Maybe Budda's reps thought they had something worked out with the team, but now they don't???
Budda makes $13M and $14M the next two years. I don't see where he can be upset about his contract.

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score
It could also be that Budda wants a new deal, like Hop. I read where Keim did their deals with all the guaranteed front money in the 1st 3 years, so now both of them have 2 years remaining with no guaranteed money, just salary for making the team.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe that's how most deals work.
Maybe Budda's reps thought they had something worked out with the team, but now they don't???
Who knows? All I know is there are a ton of excuses to get rid of all the talent on the team, and not a hint of how all of it will be replaced.

Alienating the one guy that you make as an example of what you want moving forward is peak #birdshittyfootball.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

And the hits keep coming.
That isn't shocking. They have either approached him about a pay cut or informed him they are shopping him. He was a cut candidate after this season anyways.

And, if true, another dumb move by the regime to pump him up as the face while knowing he wasn't a long term fit at his cost.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score

Maybe. Also, if you create a culture where winning isn’t a main goal, people are going to focus on selfish ends because there are no other goals.

The Texans the past two years signed a bunch of replacement level guys and acted surprised when they were consistently outclassed by teams who has superstars and average players on their rosters.
Budda makes $13M and $14M the next two years. I don't see where he can be upset about his contract.

None of it is guaranteed tho.

And I’m sure the Texans were disgusted right back LOL
Then they shouldn’t have covered up for his gross behavior until he wanted to leave.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
That isn't shocking. They have either approached him about a pay cut or informed him they are shopping him. He was a cut candidate after this season anyways.

And, if true, another dumb move by the regime to pump him up as the face while knowing he wasn't a long term fit at his cost.
James Conner and Zach Ertz are the faces of the 2023 Arizona Cardinals.

How embarrassing.

RON_IN_OC

Reaction score

It's not guaranteed, same situation as DHop. Hop is supposed to make like $30ish, right? But he wants the guarantees. Budda may be in the same camp.

RON_IN_OC

Reaction score
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe that's how most deals work.

You're not wrong...but most teams address it again when it comes up. Just about any time you hear a vet ask to be traded, released or whatever, it's due to guaranteed money in their contract. If it's run out, that's when they want a new deal.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jdndndn