Week 14 Arizona Cardinals off season thread. 4/10/23-4/16/23

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
He's not a terrible player. He's pretty average.

The problem is, you can't have a good offensive line with a bunch of average players.
Actually, I think you can have a good o-line with 5 average players. We're used to have 1 above average, 1 maybe average, and 3 below average players and that doesn't work out well. 5 guys, all at the same average level, can be coached and be more cohesive as a unit, IMO.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
Actually, I think you can have a good o-line with 5 average players. We're used to have 1 above average, 1 maybe average, and 3 below average players and that doesn't work out well. 5 guys, all at the same average level, can be coached and be more cohesive as a unit, IMO.
I'm going out on a limb, though, and saying we're below average at LG and C, maybe average at RG, and good enough of slightly better than average at the two tackle spots. So, far from good as of now.

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I'm going out on a limb, though, and saying we're below average at LG and C, maybe average at RG, and good enough of slightly better than average at the two tackle spots. So, far from good as of now.
The only area we are not below average are the safeties

Last edited:

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
I'm more generous on Hernandez. Humphries is slightly above average, Beachum average-ish. Wilkinson has been an average player.

Center is an abyss of despair.

To overcome that abyss of despair, you probably need two elite players around the center and that's not the case right now.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
No. Five league average guys doesn't make a "good" offensive line. It may not even make an average offensive line.

CardsFan88

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Houston had Deshaun Watson playing at an MVP level on an extension and he was so disgusted by what the organization was doing he walked away.

It could just as easily happen here.
Given his off-the-field proclivities, that's a high bar.

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
No. Five league average guys doesn't make a "good" offensive line. It may not even make an average offensive line.
Agree to disagree...We've seen it before, even within our own division. Seattle has often had a bunch of street free agents playing offensive line (occasionally they have 1 household name, like Okung). Everybody questions them in the off-season and maybe early in the season they don't look very good, then all of a sudden they end up running the ball down everyone's throat and dominating.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Agree to disagree...We've seen it before, even within our own division. Seattle has often had a bunch of street free agents playing offensive line (occasionally they have 1 household name, like Okung). Everybody questions them in the off-season and maybe early in the season they don't look very good, then all of a sudden they end up running the ball down everyone's throat and dominating.
Right...but they had Okung and Unger who were both pretty good players.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
When is the last time we saw this?

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave