OP
OP
Brian in Mesa

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Should’ve just told kyler that to his face. What constructive purpose does it have embarrassing your teammate publicly?
Again, he was very positive about Kyler in both interviews. The media took one sentence and blew it out of proportion like they're known to do.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
I think that's where different cultures comes into play. I understood what he meant on first read, but others did not and probably still do not. I don't think misogyny was present at all, but I get it from others' POV.
Go look up the definition of “female.” It is not a derogatory term and only applies to women. To make it a derogatory term means you have a negative viewpoint of women. It’s like Nazis making “Jew” a slanderous term. There’s just way to justify using a term that’s meant to discuss women as perjorative that’s not misogynistic.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
It's not misogynistic nor I did not want it to come off such a way. My mother raised me way better than that. However, someone understood me so I know I'm not delusional.

But yea, you're right about reverting back to what the topic of this thread is.
Just an FYI…

If you are truly not misogynistic,

And you don’t want people thinking you’re misogynistic,

And you don’t want women to be offended by what you said,

Maybe consider that only one out of many posters understood what you meant and consider changing how you use that word. Apparently before you weren’t aware how your usage is widely viewed. Now you do and can pivot accordingly.

Public service announcement complete.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
None of those guys were drafted #1 overall and expected to be the face of the franchise, but back in the day the hot place to live was Ahwatukee. You could go into a Safeway or Circle K and run into a player or two. Most players - even now - live in the East Valley, if they live in Arizona.
Lol, okay so what are the criteria? How high do you have to be drafted? What postions allow you to live elsewhere? Is there a pay threshold? He is our only #1 overall QB making $200M. How much narrower do you want to make the criteria so you can whine about him while being hypocritical about every other player who has ever played for the cardinals who lived elsewhere with nary a peep from you? This is a patently ridiculous criticism. Does it impact his play? No. Who cares?

AZCB34

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Yes, Kyler was being a female for those actions. He’s not above it. No one is.

But for some reason, it’s cool with you when another person airs out the dirty laundry. That’s cool, I guess. Luckily, I didn’t grow up like that.
Perhaps Beachum did handle it behind closed doors but saw zero effort or improvement so the next step is to gently air it publicly? And believe me he gently aired it.

Zalixar

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Just an FYI…

Maybe consider that only one out of many posters understood what you meant and consider changing how you use that word. Apparently before you weren’t aware how your usage is widely viewed. Now you do and can pivot accordingly.

The words themselves can be correct/interchangeable depending on context, but it can be problematic for sure.

I wasn't jumping on that wagon, but more of the prejudice of being a woman, or female, or their "mindset" when guys are clearly guilty of the same. It's just yet another way to degrade women/girls while giving boys/guys a pass and furthers outdated stereotypes. Males and females are infinitely more alike than different.

The worst insult you could call a guy is basically a girl. Hmm, why is that?

Last edited:
OP
OP
Brian in Mesa

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Lol, okay so what are the criteria? How high do you have to be drafted? What postions allow you to live elsewhere? Is there a pay threshold? He is our only #1 overall QB making $200M. How much narrower do you want to make the criteria so you can whine about him while being hypocritical about every other player who has ever played for the cardinals who lived elsewhere with nary a peep from you? This is a patently ridiculous criticism. Does it impact his play? No. Who cares?
It's not that big of a deal, but he should stop saying he is all about Arizona or all-in on Arizona, when he is clearly not. Actions speak louder than words and he is clearly a Texas guy who had to leave Texas to play in Oklahoma for college and had the unfortunate situation of being drafted by a non-Texas pro team. None of those other names you mentioned ever came out falsely claiming to be "Mr. Arizona."

OP
OP
Brian in Mesa

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I realize much of this back and forth is just semantics, but part of the reason for the disconnect between Kyler and the fans is that it feels like he is not invested in Arizona at all. He just plays for a team that happens to be based here. He even shows up to an occasional NBA game, but chooses to wear an Oakland A's cap. Just an odd duck.

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I realize much of this back and forth is just semantics, but part of the reason for the disconnect between Kyler and the fans is that it feels like he is not invested in Arizona at all. He just plays for a team that happens to be based here. He even shows up to an occasional NBA game, but chooses to wear an Oakland A's cap. Just an odd duck.
I have been an Oakland A's fan as long as I can remember and Phoenix is as close as I have ever lived to Oakland. I was a ball boy for them in Spring training one year but I was a fan before that. It was Ricky Hendersons rookie season.

Point is, I am still big time into Arizona. Complete apathy or hatred of any other team outside the state isn't necessary.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Should’ve just told kyler that to his face. What constructive purpose does it have embarrassing your teammate publicly?
Meh, I think if you listen to the entirety of what was said, it's pretty mild. And when Gambo tried to say Kyler wasn't a leader, Beach quickly corrected him.

I'm glad someone is saying these things publicly and it's someone who is respected.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
I'd wear an Oakland A's cap if I was drafted by them too. Nothing odd about it.

OP
OP
Brian in Mesa

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have been an Oakland A's fan as long as I can remember and Phoenix is as close as I have ever lived to Oakland. I was a ball boy for them in Spring training one year but I was a fan before that. It was Ricky Hendersons rookie season.

Point is, I am still big time into Arizona. Complete apathy or hatred of any other team outside the state isn't necessary.
I am not saying it is, it was just an odd choice. You've been drafted by two teams - one in Arizona and one in California. You're going to a pro game in another sport, but still in Arizona, it should have been an easy choice to wear an Arizona Cardinals ball cap or a generic cap. I don't even care that much but it was all the talk on local sports and twitter, etc. when it happened. Personally, I was surprised he didn't just wear a Mavericks hat since he grew up in the DFW area. He's probably a Cowboys, Mavericks, Rangers, and Stars fan. There are just bad optics at every turn with Kyler. Much of the nation sees him as a guy who doesn't study film, who plays Call of Duty all the time, and doesn't want much to do with Arizona (the state). He really could use an image guy that helps him some until he gets it on his own.

OP
OP
Brian in Mesa

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Meh, I think if you listen to the entirety of what was said, it's pretty mild. And when Gambo tried to say Kyler wasn't a leader, Beach quickly corrected him.

I'm glad someone is saying these things publicly and it's someone who is respected.
Exactly. Beach was very complimentary about Kyler in both interviews, but the media ran with a clip taken out of context and tried to paint Beach as being super critical of Kyler.

Reaction score
Yes, Kyler was being a female for those actions. He’s not above it. No one is.

But for some reason, it’s cool with you when another person airs out the dirty laundry. That’s cool, I guess. Luckily, I didn’t grow up like that.
No offense but I think you still have some growing up to do. We probably all do at times.

OP
OP
Brian in Mesa

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I am not saying it is, it was just an odd choice. You've been drafted by two teams - one in Arizona and one in California. You're going to a pro game in another sport, but still in Arizona, it should have been an easy choice to wear an Arizona Cardinals ball cap or a generic cap. I don't even care that much but it was all the talk on local sports and twitter, etc. when it happened. Personally, I was surprised he didn't just wear a Mavericks hat since he grew up in the DFW area. He's probably a Cowboys, Mavericks, Rangers, and Stars fan. There are just bad optics at every turn with Kyler. Much of the nation sees him as a guy who doesn't study film, who plays Call of Duty all the time, and doesn't want much to do with Arizona (the state). He really could use an image guy that helps him some until he gets it on his own.
Correcting myself: Kyler was never a Dallas Cowboys fan because quote "They were always ass" while he was growing up.

Kyler Murray explains why he wasn't a Cowboys fan despite growing up in Texas, and he doesn't hold back

Imagine what he must have thought about the Cardinals back then... LOL

Mark22

VBhoopcoach
Reaction score
Perhaps he did handle it privately but got no effort to “grow up”?
And perhaps he didn’t. As with a lot of stuff that supposedly goes on we truly don’t know. But even if he did, running the bus over his teammate to the media is weak af In my old ass opinion.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Yu should either stop drinking, back away from the keyboard, or maybe seek some therapy for your misogyny. It’s really ugly.
I’m not drunk. I don’t need to back away from the keyboard & I don’t need to seek therapy. Don’t tell me what I need to do when you don’t know me personally, Ouchie.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Just an FYI…

I know I’m not misogynistic & the men & women around me know I’m not misogynistic.

I’m willing to bet that poster is closer to my background than you & others are. I’m not pivoting anything because nothing needs to be pivoted, especially on a board composed of older Caucasian men. That’s who my “usage” is being viewed by on here. Doesn’t really hold a lot of value to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose