OP
OP
Brian in Mesa

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
HC John Gannon recently gave an update on Kyler's surgically repaired knee, saying things are progressing well and that Kyler had gone back to Dallas to have the knee looked over by the surgeon who had operated on it. There was no specific mention of whether Kyler was returning from Texas or staying and continuing to rehab there.

This resulted in the local guys (Bickley and Marotta) questioning whether Kyler will ever focus on being an Arizona guy and move on some from being a Texas guy. They offered as an example JJ Watt who very quickly transitioned from being a Texas guy to an Arizona guy. Watt moved here, became involved in the community, lived here in the off-season, etc.

They admitted that JJ Watt and Kyler Murray are polar opposites personality-wise. They just said that if you're going to be the franchise QB for the Arizona Cardinals it would make sense at some point to try and become an Arizona guy. They complimented him for being here in person when the HC was introduced and staying here to rehab some but said that perceptually he is still viewed as just a Texas guy who plays for an Arizona football team.

Any thoughts? Is he too young, too close to his parents, too connected to his legendary high school playing days, or is he just not concerned at all with his image?

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
HC John Gannon recently gave an update on Kyler's surgically repaired knee, saying things are progressing well and that Kyler had gone back to Dallas to have the knee looked over by the surgeon who had operated on it. There was no specific mention of whether Kyler was returning from Texas or staying and continuing to rehab there.

This resulted in the local guys (Bickley and Marotta) questioning whether Kyler will ever focus on being an Arizona guy and move on some from being a Texas guy. They offered as an example JJ Watt who very quickly transitioned from being a Texas guy to an Arizona guy. Watt moved here, became involved in the community, lived here in the off-season, etc.

They admitted that JJ Watt and Kyler Murray are polar opposites personality-wise. They just said that if you're going to be the franchise QB for the Arizona Cardinals it would make sense at some point to try and become an Arizona guy. They complimented him for being here in person when the HC was introduced and staying here to rehab some but said that perceptually he is still viewed as just a Texas guy who plays for an Arizona football team.

Any thoughts? Is he too young, too close to his parents, too connected to his legendary high school playing days, or is he just not concerned at all with his image?
More Bickley nonsense.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score

I think this is people looking for reasons to take shots at kyler. When you think of him do you think:

He’s the cardinals QB that lives in Texas

Or

He’s the cardinals QB

I know for me it’s the latter.

Truth be told, I’ve never known, or cared, where a single cardinals player, QB or otherwise, lived in the offseason.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
I think this is people looking for reasons to take shots at kyler. When you think of him do you think:

He’s the cardinals QB that lives in Texas

Or

He’s the cardinals QB

I know for me it’s the latter.

Truth be told, I’ve never known, or cared, where a single cardinals player, QB or otherwise, lived in the offseason.
Yeah, I'm with you. I don't rate him as a player but also don't go looking for more reasons to bag on him. Could he help his cause in the media/public perception by becoming an Arizona guy? Sure. Does he have to and do I care? No.

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score

If I lived in Houston, moving to AZ, especially the Scottsdale, PV or other similar areas would be a no brainer for me. If I lived in DFW, it may be a wash. Also remember, JJ wasn't "from" Texas...he's from Wisconsin, so that's another aspect that the talking heads never consider. Again, it would be a no-brainer, to me, to not want to endure Wisconsin winters and stay in pretty much full-time, if those were the 2 choices.

OP
OP
Brian in Mesa

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If I lived in Houston, moving to AZ, especially the Scottsdale, PV or other similar areas would be a no brainer for me. If I lived in DFW, it may be a wash. Also remember, JJ wasn't "from" Texas...he's from Wisconsin, so that's another aspect that the talking heads never consider. Again, it would be a no-brainer, to me, to not want to endure Wisconsin winters and stay in pretty much full-time, if those were the 2 choices.
They actually addressed how quickly JJ Watt went from being a Wisconsin guy to a Texas guy to an Arizona guy.

cardpa

Have a Nice Day!
Reaction score
Currently
Joe Burrows lives with his parents in Ohio
Jalen Hurts lives with his parents in Houston
Trevor Lawrence lives in Jacksonville
Lamar Jackson lives in Maryland
Mac Jones splits time between Foxborough and Jacksonville

So 4 of the 5 live near their team facilities. Interesting enough is Hurts and Murray are both from Texas and the only ones who do not live near or spend time near their team facilities. I tried to stick with QBs who are within their first 5 years of playing in the NFL. I couldn't find anything with a quick check on Herbert of Fields.

RON_IN_OC

Reaction score
They actually addressed how quickly JJ Watt went from being a Wisconsin guy to a Texas guy to an Arizona guy.
Again, that says more about not wanting to be in Wisconsin, than anything else. He grew up with those winters and crazy weather. Houston isn't awesome with weather, but it's probably better...and Houston gives someone a big city experience. DFW, however, is just an entirely different vibe than Houston. More $, more nightlife, probably a little more progressive. I can see why someone would choose to keep that area as their home...it's definitely more of a Scottsdale vibe, than Houston is.

RON_IN_OC

Reaction score
Currently
Joe Burrows lives with his parents in Ohio
Jalen Hurts lives with his parents in Houston
Trevor Lawrence lives in Jacksonville
Lamar Jackson lives in Maryland
Mac Jones splits time between Foxborough and Jacksonville

So 4 of the 5 live near their team facilities. Interesting enough is Hurts and Murray are both from Texas and the only ones who do not live near or spend time near their team facilities. I tried to stick with QBs who are within their first 5 years of playing in the NFL. I couldn't find anything with a quick check on Herbert of Fields.
Don't forget Double A Ron lives in Malibu in the off-season and not Green Bay.

Mark22

VBhoopcoach
Reaction score

Why would he want to live where probably 80% of the fans hate him? Just asking.

PACardsFan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Mmmmmm. It is a more traditional mindset for sure. I have a friend who works for Coca Cola and he will not serve Pepsi products nor will he drink Pepsi products. He just believes he owes it to the company that compensates him highly.
I worked in Corporate Sales for FedEx for over 30 years. During that time, I tried to use FedEx as often as possible. They let me go when I was 62 for no reason whatsoever. Since then, I try to use UPS whenever I can. Tell your friend to enjoy Pepsi products too.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
Why would he want to live where probably 80% of the fans hate him? Just asking.
Imagine being the star quarterback and 80% of the fans in the place where you play hate you.

And then doing nothing about it.

(FWIW, I disagree that most fans hate him. I think about 1/3 of the fans like him, 1/3 of the fans are neutral, and 1/3 of the fans would prefer someone more like J.J. Watt. I think it's always thus.

Have a hard time seeing Michael calling Kyler to welcome him to the ring of honor 18 months after he retires like he did with Carson Palmer, though. There's a cost to not being super-engaging with your bosses.

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
I worked in Corporate Sales for FedEx for over 30 years. During that time, I tried to use FedEx as often as possible. They let me go when I was 62 for no reason whatsoever. Since then, I try to use UPS whenever I can. Tell your friend to enjoy Pepsi products too.
lol... I was with DHL.

someone told me once..." a company is like a Teddy Bear, You can love it all you want but it will never love you back".... truest statement I ever heard..so I became a mercenary.

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The first thing I did after leaving Nike was to buy a pair of Rebook Nanos!

Garthshort

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Did you ever drink Pepsi? :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose