Arizona Cardinals sign OL Dennis Daley

QuebecCard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I am trying to confirm this but OTC shows the Cardinals converted Conner's roster bonus this year to a signing bonus pushing 1 mil to 2024's books to create an extra mil for this year.

If this is true, maximum incompetence.

Let's add Cap guru to your self-proclaimed endless knowledge.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
Zeke Turner. Jon Ledbetter.

We agree that Hamilton "can play in a pinch." But he's probably going to start.
Corey Clement. Nate Hairston.

These are below league average players with no upside. Why do I care about paying Zeke Turner on special teams when I am paying our potentially starting C 500k more than him? How does having dedicated veteran special teams players help our draft picks and give them opportunities to contribute?

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score
Now you are playing word games.

What performance measure do you look at when you evaluate a player?

I know personally, I look at statistics.
Krang - solid players are considered credible starters. They're not guys fighting every year to be in the league. Is this seriously a discussion?

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
If you value comp% and QB rating allowed, about the same as 6th round pick Christian Matthew. 66% comp% and 82/89 QB rating.
I do. And Matthew played pretty well at the end of last season, but certainly not for very long. Hamilton now has back-to-back seasons of sub-90 QB Ratings allowed. That's a solid cornerback, but he certainly isn't a long term option at his age.

Goldfield

Formally known as BEERZ
Reaction score
Connor and Ertz may still very well be jettisoned before this is over. The NFL season started about two weeks ago. We won 4 games last year and we have no clue when Murray will play this year if at all.
We have to keep SOME players to field a team. If it doesn’t significantly help or hurt us cap wise this year or next then what difference does it make?
Last year the Bears traded Mack and got picks in return. Hopkins could be our guy this year. They traded Roquan Smith before the deadline and got picks. That could be Connor and/or Ertz for us.
NOTHING the cardinals could do this off season would have made us a playoff team. So should we really care if we have 3 wins or 6 wins this season? If we are going to suck, let’s make sure we suck good.
I see your point

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score
I'm waiting on you to add something other than labels. Something somewhat credible for us to actually discuss.
Uh, what? I literally told you what a solid player is. Not on the fringe, someone who would start for most teams. Antonio Hamilton does not qualify.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Uh, what? I literally told you what a solid player is. Not on the fringe, someone who would start for most teams. Antonio Hamilton does not qualify.
Again labels. Not connected to anything quantifiable. There are starters in the NFL that did not perform as well as Antonio Hamilton did the last year, so your answers is meaningless.

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score
Again labels. Not connected to anything quantifiable. There are starters in the NFL that did not perform as well as Antonio Hamilton did the last year, so your answers is meaningless.
Again, if you think stats are the only way to be able to tell whether or not a guy is a fringe nfl guy or a solid NFL player, I don't know what to tell you.

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
Maybe signing this guy is just an attempt to hide the fact we are drafting IOL

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Except we’re not really turning this roster over. We’re re-signing a BUNCH of low-level cheap players from last year and NOT turning over guys like Conner/Ertz while ALSO pushing cap hits like Watt and Hudson into next season.

It’s half-measures that accomplish nothing in the present AND moves that will handcuff the cap in the future.

I am trying to confirm this but OTC shows the Cardinals converted Conner's roster bonus this year to a signing bonus pushing 1 mil to 2024's books to create an extra mil for this year.

If this is true, maximum incompetence.

Both of these guys have me on ignore but I'm going to reply for the benefit of everyone else that is already arguing with them because they are wrong.

Turning the roster over only makes sense if there is a net benefit. Losing experienced players that will be a major part of the upcoming season for no net gain makes no sense. It is the opposite of good roster management. Moving on from Ertz and Conner would be a net loss. We would open two massive holes on the roster for nothing. Guys like McBride would lose someone they should be learning from. They would cost more to replace than keep and there is no money saved next year either because you're just deducting from this years rollover into next year (Accelerating $4m dead cap into this year from next just deducts $4m you're going to rollover).

The same applies to "It's incompetent to free up cap this year at the expense of next year". It's a wash. If we don't use it this year (which looks likely) then it rolls over to next year and cancels itself out. So Humps restructure and COnner's small restructure make zero difference to next years cap space. Before calling GM's incompetent it would help to understand this.

The argument also completely washes over Ertz being injured which triggers more guarantees and would lead to an injury settlement that would lose even more money. He may well be traded further down the road when cleared and he's been through camp but you know, that would require patience.

Feel free to copy and paste these when they are telling you that you are wrong.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
Both of these guys have me on ignore but I'm going to reply for the benefit of everyone else that is already arguing with them because they are wrong.

Turning the roster over only makes sense if there is a net benefit. Losing experienced players that will be a major part of the upcoming season for no net gain makes no sense. It is the opposite of good roster management. Moving on from Ertz and Conner would be a net loss. We would open two massive holes on the roster for nothing. Guys like McBride would lose someone they should be learning from. They would cost more to replace than keep and there is no money saved next year either because you're just deducting from this years rollover into next year (Accelerating $4m dead cap into this year from next just deducts $4m you're going to rollover).

The same applies to "It's incompetent to free up cap this year at the expense of next year". It's a wash. If we don't use it this year (which looks likely) then it rolls over to next year and cancels itself out. So Humps restructure and COnner's small restructure make zero difference to next years cap space. Before calling GM's incompetent it would help to understand this.

The argument also completely washes over Ertz being injured which triggers more guarantees and would lead to an injury settlement that would lose even more money. He may well be traded further down the road when cleared and he's been through camp but you know, that would require patience.

Feel free to copy and paste these when they are telling you that you are wrong.
Jesus, are you full of yourself. The self-named expert of All That Is Right And Wrong! Puny posters, how dare you disagree with Me! I am all that is In-Line Cards Thinking, and I will tell you why you are wrong! lol

C'mon, man. When you do this, you come across very, very badly. All you have to do is craft it as an opinion, man. Doing it like this ensures no one will read what follows.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Jesus, are you full of yourself. The self-named expert of All That Is Right And Wrong! Puny posters, how dare you disagree with Me! I am all that is In-Line Cards Thinking, and I will tell you why you are wrong! lol

C'mon, man. When you do this, you come across very, very badly. All you have to do is craft it as an opinion, man. Doing it like this ensures no one will read what follows.

To you maybe. But then that goes for most things I write apparently.

They are wrong. How would you like me to write "You're wrong" so it's more acceptable?

It's not a matter of opinion, it's fact. Saying that the GM sucks because he brought $1m forward from next year is just uninformed nonsense. It makes zero difference because either you use it, in which case it was required, or you don't, in which case it rolls over and cancels itself out.

Arguing that Ertz and Conner sticking is stupid or inconsistent is also wrong for all the reasons I explained above.

Both are having multi post arguments with others telling them they are wrong when in fact it is they who are wrong. And had I typed the post above in support of your side of the argument you would not have replied, and when I do so you like the posts, you only did so because it doesn't.

Stout

Reaction score
To you maybe. But then that goes for most things I write apparently.

They are wrong. How would you like me to write "You're wrong" so it's more acceptable?

It's not a matter of opinion, it's fact. Saying that the GM sucks because he brought $1m forward from next year is just uninformed nonsense. It makes zero difference because either you use it, in which case it was required, or you don't, in which case it rolls over and cancels itself out.

Arguing that Ertz and Conner sticking is stupid or inconsistent is also wrong for all the reasons I explained above.

Both are having multi post arguments with others telling them they are wrong when in fact it is they who are wrong. And had I typed the post above in support of your side of the argument you would not have replied, and when I do so you like the posts, you only did so because it doesn't.
You have an ego the size of Australia. No sense even trying to engage.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
You have an ego the size of Australia. No sense even trying to engage.

It's nothing to do with ego. It's categorically wrong.

If you told me Kyler was 6' 2" it would be wrong and I'd tell you so.

This is also wrong. The whole nonsense about cap management and Ertz and Conner is based on a whole bunch of things that are just wrong.

Stout

Reaction score
It's nothing to do with ego. It's categorically wrong.

If you told me Kyler was 6' 2" it would be wrong and I'd tell you so.

This is also wrong. The whole nonsense about cap management and Ertz and Conner is based on a whole bunch of things that are just wrong.
Oh, hey gang, @BritCard said so. We's been put in our place lol

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
At this point it’s either that or play the band-aid Keim philosophy.
This team is trash. We won 4 games last year with the players we had. How much worse can it get?
We are going to have to turn this roster over to get better. We are going to have to like it or lump it.
There’s only two ways to GM? Who knew it was so easy?!?

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave